USAirways - check your flights

DebbieB

DIS Veteran
USAirways put schedule changes into the system today (the first Sunday of the month), so check your flights. From Pittsburgh to Orlando, they cut from 5 non-stops to 3 on Saturdays in May.

Debbie,
Thanks for the update. I am glad they didn't change ours on Feb 14.Ours is still leaving at 9:25 am non-stop Pitts to Orlando.;)

I just got an email from Northwest airlines changing one of my flights - So it looks like US airways isn't the only one~

Wonder why Pittsburgh is getting such infrequent service? When I went to Orlando a couple weeks ago, there were only 3 non-stops on a Saturday, 9:25AM, 11:45AM, and 1:05PM. We ended up on a 5:50PM flight thru Charlotte. I really missed the 8:45PM Pittsburgh non-stop (as well as the old 5:55PM non-stop, flight 781).

I heard a few months ago when the reorganization started that Charlotte was going to be the main hub for north/south, Pittsburgh would be the main hub for east/west. I don't know if this is part of it. It's just Saturdays that they cut, Sunday-Friday still have 5 non-stops. Unfortunately, we like to travel down on Saturday, back on Friday. I only want 1 weekend night for DVC. We could do Sunday to Saturday but then there's the same problem with flights coming back on Saturday. I don't have tickets yet for May, I'm waiting for my mom to have scans and see the doctor on Feb 25 to see what dates would work with her treatment (she has breast cancer). I have reservations for OKW for Mother's Day (May 10 to 16), but she may have to be on treatments that week if she follows the same schedule. April 27 to May 3 may work the best, but USAir is outrageous. I'm actually looking at Air Tran for $195.

My neighbor works for USAir & she told me last week they were cutting 1 flight into all the major Fla. cities (that's why I booked the 6:15 am for $192). BUt 3 flights, they may add 1 or 2 back. It's hard to believe-- Sat. is a popular day to fly into Orlando. I'm waiting for our direct flights to Calif. in August to be cut next.

Beware - it is not just flights out of PIT that they cancelled.

They cancelled my return flight coming thru PHIL and rebooked me on a flight that had a 4 hour layover. Needless to say, I called and chose another flight.

Our return flight was on Sun, May 11

Where do you find this info?? We will be flying out of Phila in few weeks on USair.

Originally posted by dansyr
Where do you find this info?? We will be flying out of Phila in few weeks on USair.
Just go to this web site below and check your confirmation or existing reservations. Or you can call US AIR at 800-428-4322.

www.usairways.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter