• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

us stunt show?

canda

a Dis board vulture
The last time I was in USF was before jaws came to the park. At night they did this really cool stunt show in the lake with boats, and sea planes. It was kind of like Miami Vice. Do they still do a show?

Sorry, but that show has been closed for years now. It's the new Universal way of doing things. They close and cancel entertainment parkwide, yet raise ticket prices!! You think with all the cuts over there ticket prices would fall. I guess its more expensive to not have then to have it.

That's really not the case. The entertainment shows go away and get replaced at every theme park. In is case, that show was very expensive to produce, had a low guest satisfaction survey, and created some serious pollution levels in that body of water that the EPA did not appreciate. It did not draw additionial guests into the park, and no fewer came after it was closed. Every theme park goes through changes in live shows like this. As far as ticket prices go, again, it's a routine for all of the parks to increase prices from time to time. It's typically based on increased operating costs and the entertainment value of the ticket. The concept on the value is along the lines of the 2 hours of entertainment you get for $8 to $10 for a movie, versus all day at a park for $50.

There is quite a bit of new outdoor and street entertainment coming to USF for this summer. New, more modern characters are being introduced. A new lagoon show is being evaluated as well.

There is quite a bit of new outdoor and street entertainment coming to USF for this summer. New, more modern characters are being introduced.

Thanks for that info, Earl...don't know if you can say or not...but will these new, more modern characters be the sort that the big kids will enjoy as well? I have to tell you, I really miss the Marx Brothers and Laurel and Hardy!!! They were really enjoyable to watch...somehow SpongeBob Squarepants, while great for the kids, doesn't have that same appeal, at least not for me...:rolleyes:

Karen

I haven't seen the recent details, but rest assured there will be something for everyone. Your old favorites have been retired for a while. You should see a more shows for a more continuous entertainment experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter