Urgent! Need a foolproof sugar cookie recipe

tcufrog

DIS Veteran
Some friends are coming over at 1 tomorrow to bake cut out sugar cookies and I can’t find my usual recipe. Help! I need to get the dough refrigerated.

WOW!! It was like the computer was spying on me when I saw this thread! I had just finished googling "recipe for sugar cookies", then came on the DisBoards and saw this.
Anyway, if you google it you will get a few more recipes to choose from.
Good luck!

Last edited:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/all-in-one-sugar-cookie-dough-51259740
Not a master baker or even close but I had no problem rolling or cutting the dough out to 1/4" thickness as at least one reviewer did in comments. Still you can always opt for 1/2 to 5/8" if you want a chewier cookie. The dough will not spread out too much when baking given the space between each cookie on pan. When I don't have kosher salt avail half the amt of table salt as the recipe lists is good.

HTH

Thanks for all of the recipes. I tried the Epicurious recipe and also made some snickerdoodle dough using my usual snickerdoodle recipe. Both were yummy and the kids had a blast making the cookies. I'll have to try another one of the recipes next time.

My easy sugar cookie recipe:

GUEST_97e91d01-afb3-4457-8c55-0d9c2d1019c2

I second the tube above, lol. OR if you have Gordon Foods in your area, they have sugar cookie cut outs that are frozen and ready to bake that you can buy that are yummy and easy.

I've tried the sugar cookie tubes before and while they are yummy they don't work well for cut out cookies. The dough spreads too much.

I've tried the sugar cookie tubes before and while they are yummy they don't work well for cut out cookies. The dough spreads too much.
After you cut your cookies put the cut cookies and cookie sheet in the refrigerator for 30 mins to an hour before baking.

You should do that if you make your own dough or use pre made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter