Uplifting article about John(Updated May 1)

Oh, I am so sad to hear this news.

Shall continue to keep John and his family in my heart.

:grouphug:

Quasar

I am so so sorry to read this. Thank you for the update. Continued prayers:grouphug:

So sorry that you had to share news that was not the best.

I will keep John and his family in my continuing prayers.

Thank you for following this thread and continuing to pray for John. :grouphug: His prognosis, once again, is not good. His last battle was only 3 months again in November. I don't know how he stays positive but he does.

Here is the most recent update on John's condition. The news is not good. I don't know how he has the strength to wake up every day and fight the fight. It just breaks my heart. Please continue to pray.

As mentioned in the last posting, we were told that John's leukemia had returned in his bone marrow, spinal fluid and now testicles. With this relapse came the unwanted message of a very poor prognosis. Initially the treatment appeared not to be able to rid John’s body of the leukemia. By Thursday, though, the leukemia was lessened and John was feeling better than he had been. He has steroid-induced diabetes, so his glucose is checked throughout the day; he receives insulin injections to keep his blood glucose stable.
John will return to the hospital to check his blood and to begin radiation treatment to his testicles. John is scheduled to receive more intensive systemic treatment. He probably will be admitted towards the end of the week.
Through all of this John has remained happy and hopeful. He often shares that it is his choice to be angry or happy, and he is choosing the latter. During his hospitalization, he took advantage of every opportunity to tell a joke, repeat a line from an Adam Sandler movie, or share his rendition of a portion of the famous “Jimmy Valvano ESPY Speech.” He often says that he loves life and that he is so blessed!
John wants so desperately to be healthy. Please continue to carry him in your prayers. Thank you.*

*I removed personal information from this post to protect John's privacy

Thanks for the update Brenle, I am so sorry to hear that the prognosis for John is so poor.
He sounds like a remarkable young man.

Hugs to you all:grouphug:

Thanks for the update Brenle, I am so sorry to hear that the prognosis for John is so poor.
He sounds like a remarkable young man.

Hugs to you all:grouphug:

Thank you. And he is remarkable as is his family. He's beaten the odds before only to have the cancer return again. He's been fighting cancer since he was 12.

Remarkable indeed.

God bless him and his family. I can not begin to imagine everything he has endured thus far, and then more.

Praying for him so hard.:grouphug:

Here is an update given yesterday:

John has been hospitalized since Tuesday, February 22. Prior to this and while he was at home, John had one suspicious low blood pressure reading and a strange-looking rash on his feet. Since his date of admission, John has had blood taken and it has resulted in positive cultures growing various bacteria. This has been especially concerning because John did not have white blood cells (the "soldiers") to fight infection. The lack of white blood cells is attributed to John having received intense systemic chemotherapy treatment.
Today, John has begun to grow white blood cells, which is great. With this, though, his blood continues to grow bacteria. His doctors believe that the source of the bacteria lies in John's mediport, which is in his chest. For this reason, John is scheduled to have the mediport surgically removed tomorrow. Given John's history for seizures, this surgery, although necessary, is extremely risky because of the need for anesthesia.
Please continue to carry John in your prayers. For the past couple of days, John has not wanted to eat, is always cold, and is a bit quiet. Please pray for John's continued strength to help him through this difficult time. He is trying so hard to recapture his health, often asking his doctors what he needs to do to get better. Please petition God to restore his good health Thank you.

When I get another update I will post it here.

Once again, Thank You for the update. I find it heart wrenching to read, as I was (as well as yourself) hoping for a miracle for this poor angel, who has gone through way too much.

I continue to hope and pray..:grouphug:

Hi Brenle,

I think of John daily and wish that all our combined thoughts and prayers could work together to give him some release from his ongoing struggles and pain.

Thanks for the update.
:hug:Quasar

Once again, Thank You for the update. I find it heart wrenching to read, as I was (as well as yourself) hoping for a miracle for this poor angel, who has gone through way too much.

I continue to hope and pray..:grouphug:

Thank you again Mommasita for your kind words.

Hi Brenle,

I think of John daily and wish that all our combined thoughts and prayers could work together to give him some release from his ongoing struggles and pain.

Thanks for the update.
:hug:Quasar

John's family frequently asks for prayers at a specific time for the reasons you just give. I am posting an update now. Thank you again for your continued support.

Here is the latest update on John:

"John handled the surgery and anesthesia very well. The surgery lasted about an hour and a half. In addition to removing his mediport, the doctors performed a bone marrow aspirate to check his marrow for leukemia. Also, the doctors placed a "pic line" in his arm to give access for the continued infusion of antibiotics. This line will stay in until John clears the bacteria in his body; at that time, John will have another mediport surgically placed in his chest. He is feeling well and is back in his hospital room, playing cards and doing a Sudoko puzzle.
Again, we are so grateful to all of you for continuing to walk with John in his journey. Mostly though, we are grateful to God for continuing to have His loving and healing hand on John. Thank you."

Can you imagine this young man playing cards in his hospital room? His faith, hi will to live and finally be restored to health is so strong.

Great Update!

He certainly has an admirable character. I am happy to hear he is able to play cards, and that the surgery went WELL. NOO seizures.

THank you Brenie. PRaying as always.:grouphug:

Continued prayers for John. I am glad his surgery went well.

I smiled when I read the part about him playing cards. I did that after one of my surgeries too and they were disney cards!

Wishing John all the best.

Great Update!

He certainly has an admirable character. I am happy to hear he is able to play cards, and that the surgery went WELL. NOO seizures.

THank you Brenie. PRaying as always.:grouphug:

I know, wasn't that a great update? It feels like I'm always posting the doom and gloom. But honestly, his family writes more when John is at his lowest and they reach our for support through prayer, which is totally understandable. And his health as of late has had more lows than highs.

Continued prayers for John. I am glad his surgery went well.

I smiled when I read the part about him playing cards. I did that after one of my surgeries too and they were disney cards!

Wishing John all the best.

Thank you for continuing to pray. And John's cards probably had the Yankees emblem on them!!!

I am relieved that John is safely out of surgery.

Thanks again for keeping us informed.
:hug:
Quasar

Thank YOU for your continued support and concern! :goodvibes

I haven't posted on this thread in a while but I have continued to pray for John. He is an amazingly strong young man.

I haven't posted on this thread in a while but I have continued to pray for John. He is an amazingly strong young man.

Hi Elizabeth,

John is a strong young man, and he gets his strength from people who pray, like you. :hug: Thank you for remembering him and continuing to pray for a total stranger.

Brenda

It is with great sadness sharing the news that John passed away yestereday morning at the age of 19. I will post more info later.
Please pray for his family.

Oh Brenle, I am so sorry to hear this very tragic news.

I am thinking of John, his family and friends.
:hug:
Quasar

I am so, so very sorry to hear this news.

Praying that the family will know Gods peace and comfort in the days ahead.

My deepest sympathy for Johns family

It is with great sadness sharing the news that John passed away yestereday morning at the age of 19. I will post more info later.
Please pray for his family.

I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers go out to his loved ones and that he is now resting. He fought hard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter