Upgrading

Auntie Bon

Mouseketeer
I was lucky enough to win a cruise for 4 people but in order to take my sister and her kids had to purchase a 5th ticket. Originally DC wanted to upgrade us from cat. 11 to cat. 4 but that would have meant spending $4400. Considering this trip wasn't even on the radar screen budget wise that would have been a deal breaker. Instead I booked one person into a second cat. 11 room and paid the single supplement price of $1400.

Just curious if I could get an upgrade to another category. Should I contact Disney directly or DU as I transferred my ressie to them last week. Does anyone have their phone number?

Grateful to have won but a verandah would be nice!

If all else fails you MAY be able to upgrade at port. We upgraded on our last cruise for a fraction of what it would have cost before the cruise. No guarantee, but worth a try if you can't upgrade now. I would recommend getting to the port early if you want to try for this.

On our first cruise Feb. of 2000 we booked a cat 11. My kids watched Titanic in Dec. and didn't want to stay in the "lower part " of the ship. I called DCL and the upgraded me for 100.00 per person to a cat. 6. Now it was an early Feb. cruising "off peak" and they did hook me on the verandah...I can no longer book a lower cat. it just wouldn't be the same. I think it was about 4 weeks prior to the sailing. Good luck

My local country radio station had a 4 week contest where when you heard the "sea cruise song of the hour" and were caller 25 you qualified for the trip. I heard the song qualified and they pulled my name out of the hat. There are 4 winners all together.

How does the upgrade at the port process work? We did this on Celebrity (upgraded to a Royal Suite) and would like to try it on DCL......any advice would be appreciated.

If rooms in higher categorgories are available, you can get them if you ASK. You may not even have to pay anything more, especially on the date of sailing at the port. (It's not like they are going to sell the room hours before sailing).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter