Upgrading to park hopper after arrival

CanadianEmily

Mouseketeer
I'm curious about upgrading to a Park Hopper ticket after we've already arrived for our trip. We're not going until February, but we've booked a package with standard single-park tickets. We're going with a young child, so I know most days one park will be plenty, but maybe we'd like the option on one or two days to go to a park in the early morning and then a different one in the evening. Is it possible to upgrade just one day once you're there? How much would that cost? I read the tickets thread, but it's a lot of information and quite confusing to find exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone has done this before, I'd love to hear your experience!

Is it possible to upgrade just one day once you're there?
No; you’ll add it to your complete ticket and it applies to all park days.

From the Ticket Sticky:
The PH's cost is based on the total number of days on the entire ticket.
The price does not change if any of the days have already been used or not.
The price to add the PH is the same whether you buy it before your trip, or on the first day, or the last day (or any other day,) of a ticket's use.

No; you’ll add it to your complete ticket and it applies to all park days.

From the Ticket Sticky:
The PH's cost is based on the total number of days on the entire ticket.
The price does not change if any of the days have already been used or not.
The price to add the PH is the same whether you buy it before your trip, or on the first day, or the last day (or any other day,) of a ticket's use.
I managed to find this info on a blog shortly after I wrote this! Good to know. So, we won't be doing that, lol. Not going to pay $250+ after exchange for the convenience to be able to go to two parks on a couple of days. Just means we won't take advantage of any extra magic hours and we'll choose to go to the less crowded parks instead.

We found the PH to be very helpful in the early years when we were traveling with a young one. We were out in the parks early in the day, back in the room for the afternoon for naps and pool time, and then we were ready to go again in the evening. It could prove to be a good thing for your group.

We found the PH to be very helpful in the early years when we were traveling with a young one. We were out in the parks early in the day, back in the room for the afternoon for naps and pool time, and then we were ready to go again in the evening. It could prove to be a good thing for your group.
Yes, I will definitely consider it and make up my mind on the first day we're there. I don't think they charge different for the upgrade whether you do it beforehand or once you get there, do they? I read that for our 5-day pass it's something like a $68 flat rate per ticket to upgrade. I'll see if I have that much to spare when we get there, lol.

I read that for our 5-day pass it's something like a $68 flat rate per ticket to upgrade.

To add Hopper to a regular 5-day ticket is $80 (US$) plus tax. (so approx. $85). Flat rate, you can hop for 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 days.

Enjoy your vacation!

To add Hopper to a regular 5-day ticket is $80 (US$) plus tax. (so approx. $85). Flat rate, you can hop for 1, 2, 3, 4 or all 5 days.

Enjoy your vacation!
Yikes, even more than I thought! If we were going today, that would be $112 Canadian per ticket. There are three of us, so $336 is a bit much unless we thought we would use it almost every day.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

I think we’ve only hopped on one trip in the past 20 years. I’ve never felt we were missing out.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yikes, even more than I thought! If we were going today, that would be $112 Canadian per ticket. There are three of us, so $336 is a bit much unless we thought we would use it almost every day.

Anyway, thanks for the info!
And honestly, that's the "best case" upgrade price. Since not traveling until February, any other ticket price increases that happen between now and then would only add to that upgrade charge to first onboard your ticket to the revised pricing schedule. With the latest MDE app enabling these types of upgrades on-the-fly, I can see that my August travel party gets two different Hopper upgrade prices, even if both currently holding 6-day Base tickets. Some people bought their tickets within the current pricing and show a $80+tax upgrade. The others that bought their tickets before the most recent update would have to pay ~$110+tax, effectively wiping out the "discount" they were carrying forward from the prior pricing structure.

And honestly, that's the "best case" upgrade price. Since not traveling until February, any other ticket price increases that happen between now and then would only add to that upgrade charge to first onboard your ticket to the revised pricing schedule. With the latest MDE app enabling these types of upgrades on-the-fly, I can see that my August travel party gets two different Hopper upgrade prices, even if both currently holding 6-day Base tickets. Some people bought their tickets within the current pricing and show a $80+tax upgrade. The others that bought their tickets before the most recent update would have to pay ~$110+tax, effectively wiping out the "discount" they were carrying forward from the prior pricing structure.
Good to know! We will not be doing Park Hopper then, haha. That's too much for our budget. If I have an extra $300-$400, I'd rather spend it on one or two table service meals or Early Morning Magic hours or something like that. Thanks!

Enjoy your vacation!

Ok, I am confused...I thought it was $68 flat rate per ticket to add PH to any length of ticket...did this change?

So I have 3-day base tickets bought from UT that I am contemplating adding PH to, should I/can I do this BEFORE arrival and how much would it cost per ticket? Or is it better to add the hopper after entry into first park to “lock in” the savings from purchase through UT? Would THAT be $68 per ticket?

So sorry for the confusion....thought I had all our plans figured out, only three parks, now really want to go to the other one and trying to determine price of doing that...

Sure, but you can do the same thing without PH... you just have to return to the same park in the evening.

Ok, I am confused...I thought it was $68 flat rate per ticket to add PH to any length of ticket...did this change?

So I have 3-day base tickets bought from UT that I am contemplating adding PH to,
1. should I/can I do this BEFORE arrival and how much would it cost per ticket?
2. Or is it better to add the hopper after entry into first park to “lock in” the savings from purchase through UT?
3. Would THAT be $68 per ticket?
1. Doesn’t matter.
2. That is not something to worry about.
3. Doesn’t matter when you do the upgrade,

Last edited:

It does depend on the length of ticket:
adding hopper to a 1-day ticket is listed as +$60
adding hopper to a 2- or 3-day ticket is listed as $70
adding hopper to a 4- to 10-day ticket is listed as $80

But it's the ticket length, not the number of days one wishes to hop. Hopper is all-or-nothing, with price based on the ticket length.

Enjoy your vacation!

So I have 3-day base tickets bought from UT that I am contemplating adding PH to, should I/can I do this BEFORE arrival and how much would it cost per ticket? Or is it better to add the hopper after entry into first park to “lock in” the savings from purchase through UT? Would THAT be $68 per ticket?

So sorry for the confusion....thought I had all our plans figured out, only three parks, now really want to go to the other one and trying to determine price of doing that...

It changes about every six months with the price increases . . . and it is different prices depending on length of ticket. You can add it before if you wish through MDE. I do not believe the price should change based on when you do it with regard to keeping your UT discount although depending on when you bought the tickets the cost to add may be more than just adding the hopper since the credit will be based on the Disney price when you purchased the tickets - i.e. if you purchased the tickets prior to a price increase. (And someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this). There's a section in the sticky that goes into far more detail on upgrades.

I'm curious about upgrading to a Park Hopper ticket after we've already arrived for our trip. We're not going until February, but we've booked a package with standard single-park tickets. We're going with a young child, so I know most days one park will be plenty, but maybe we'd like the option on one or two days to go to a park in the early morning and then a different one in the evening. Is it possible to upgrade just one day once you're there? How much would that cost? I read the tickets thread, but it's a lot of information and quite confusing to find exactly what I'm looking for. If anyone has done this before, I'd love to hear your experience!

Did you book directly with Disney, or with a TA? There‘s a Canadian ticket discount that’s just started, and you can save 20% per ticket. You might want to call and see if you can get that offer applied to your package, and that might cover the cost of the park hopping add-on for the same amount you’ve already paid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter