Upgrading to Annual pass

bigmac5

DIS Veteran
I have been reading and most suggest to upgrade to AP when you get to Disney. My question is if you have already booked and paid for Memory maker, after hours party and desert party will you be refunded the AP discounts for those events? Thank you for any help

I did just that in January. It took about an hour at City Hall in the Magic Kingdom. I got there at park opening. The difference in some of the hard ticket events was refunded on a Disney gift card.

OK Thanks. I was thinking if I did that I would go to Disney springs guest services

I do have another question. if there is a AP room discount, how do you go about getting that if you are upgrading once you get there.

You'd have to book an AP discount and then once you're there you can upgrade the first day and show the front desk your new AP to keep the discount.

if there is a AP room discount, how do you go about getting that if you are upgrading once you get there.
You do not need to actually have an AP or AP certificate in order to BOOK an AP room rate.
You'd have to book an AP discount and then once you're there you can upgrade the first day and show the front desk your new AP to keep the discount.
Correct.
You can check to see if there are AP rooms available by calling Disney, or by checking on the "Resorts" Forum here on the DIS.

Thank you every one. Being Canadian I never thought I would go to Disney twice in a 12 month period.

So if you already pre-purchased a memory maker for $169, and upgrade to an annual pass once you arrive, will the memory maker amount be refunded? Or is the $169 used towards the annual pass?

Interested in these answers as well as I will be upgrading my ticket during our trip in September this year.

I bought memory maker with a room package and then upgraded to an annual pass in June once I got to the parks. I went by guest services at Epcot and they gave me a Disney gift card for the $169 cost of the memory maker that I had purchased with my resort package. They could not refund it when I upgraded to the annual pass at the Epcot ticket booth. I had to go to guest services, but I did get my money back (just in the form of a gift card).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter