Upgrading Tickets to AP

AlexisMaxMommy

Mouseketeer
Okay, so I've been reading a lot on how to upgrade Disney tickets to annual passes. Everything that I have read, states that Disney will give you the current gate price value for your tickets if you upgrade after arriving and using at least one day on the tickets. Would this apply to the steeply discounted 4 day military park passes? Those would only cost me $177 and the gate price is around $369 for equivalent tickets.

Okay, so I've been reading a lot on how to upgrade Disney tickets to annual passes.
1. Everything that I have read, states that Disney will give you the current gate price value for your tickets if you upgrade after arriving and using at least one day on the tickets.
2. Would this apply to the steeply discounted 4 day military park passes? Those would only cost me $177 and the gate price is around $369 for equivalent tickets.

1. Only if the tickets were bought as part of a package or from an authorized reseller.
2. I don't think they can be upgraded, but I'm not certain.

Okay, so I've been reading a lot on how to upgrade Disney tickets to annual passes. Everything that I have read, states that Disney will give you the current gate price value for your tickets if you upgrade after arriving and using at least one day on the tickets. Would this apply to the steeply discounted 4 day military park passes? Those would only cost me $177 and the gate price is around $369 for equivalent tickets.

When we went to upgrade to AP's earlier this month, the CM applied the price we had paid for the tickets towards the AP. There was a price hike right before our trip, but only the amount we paid for our tickets (before the price hiked) was applied to the transaction. They didn't apply current gate value price.

We actually weren't able to get AP's because the price we were quoted over the phone to upgrade our passes was lower than what they charged when we went to upgrade in the parks, due to the price increase. We hadn't saved/budgeted for that difference. I don't know if there is an exception for military passes.

When we went to upgrade to AP's earlier this month, the CM applied the price we had paid for the tickets towards the AP. There was a price hike right before our trip, but only the amount we paid for our tickets (before the price hiked) was applied to the transaction. They didn't apply current gate value price.

We actually weren't able to get AP's because the price we were quoted over the phone to upgrade our passes was lower than what they charged when we went to upgrade in the parks, due to the price increase. We hadn't saved/budgeted for that difference. I don't know if there is an exception for military passes.
Did you buy your tickets directly from Disney? Were they part of a package?

When we upgraded on our last trip the price we paid for our tickets was applied to the AP's. I would assume that goes for the military discounted tickets as well. I would call the AP line and speak to someone about it though.

Yep, we purchased them directly through Disney. They weren't part of a package.
That's why. Disney doesn't bridge the price on stand alone tickets bought directly from them.

Had you bought the tickets from an authorized reseller, the price would have been bridged.

Financially speaking, buying tickets directly from Disney is a bad idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter