Upgrading The Chew Epcot ticket to hopper?

teetoppz28

Drinking-around-the-world Olympian
Hey, quick question for those that might know:

My wife and I were selected to attend the taping of The Chew 8:00am Wednesday show. These include park tickets into Epcot. My question is: can we upgrade these to park hoppers? We'd really like to attend EMH @ MK that evening after Epcot closes and if we could have a park hopper ticket, that would be more cost-effective than buying another ticket for the day!

Thanks for any help! :tink:

Hey, quick question for those that might know:

My wife and I were selected to attend the taping of The Chew 8:00am Wednesday show. These include park tickets into Epcot. My question is: can we upgrade these to park hoppers? We'd really like to attend EMH @ MK that evening after Epcot closes and if we could have a park hopper ticket, that would be more cost-effective than buying another ticket for the day!

Thanks for any help! :tink:

I don't think complimentary tickets can be upgraded.

OK, thank you!

I was trying to prevent having to call and ask, but I guess I will have to play phone CM roulette just to be certain... :darth:

For the most part, comp tickets can't be upgraded. Might say so if you have any small print anywhere about the ticket.

Sadly, even you found a CM to answer you their answer may well be incorrect.

Yeah, as I have lots of experience in the past calling in! That's the whole "phone CM roulette" thing! LOL!

Yeah, as I have lots of experience in the past calling in! That's the whole "phone CM roulette" thing! LOL!
Really, the point is the only way you'll get an answer that is reliable is to ask when you are there. No matter what you are told, even if it's yes you can upgrade them, if they won't do it at the ticket counter then you'll be out of luck. You can't tell them, but they told me I could.

My wife and I were selected to attend the taping of The Chew 8:00am Wednesday show.

Me Too! So excited! :dogdance:
The taping starts at 9:40a. We have to be there at 8am :)

I was surprised when I found out they give you a ticket for Epcot for the day.
I have an AP and was planning to use that. It's cool that they give you a park ticket.

Really, the point is the only way you'll get an answer that is reliable is to ask when you are there. No matter what you are told, even if it's yes you can upgrade them, if they won't do it at the ticket counter then you'll be out of luck. You can't tell them, but they told me I could.
This. It won't matter to CMs at WDW that you called and were told X, Y, Z. The phone CMs have zero to do with operations at the parks/resorts.

Okay first off sorry to renew an old thread, but if anyone with experience with these chew tickets can answer a couple questions:

1. Do the tickets have to be used that day?
2. Can I transfer them to a family member?

Okay first off sorry to renew an old thread, but if anyone with experience with these chew tickets can answer a couple questions:

1. Do the tickets have to be used that day?
2. Can I transfer them to a family member?

1. Yes, you will need to use them to get into Epcot that day to attend the taping.
2. No, since you need to use them to get into the park when you sign-in with the Chew staff.

1. Yes, you will need to use them to get into Epcot that day to attend the taping.
2. No, since you need to use them to get into the park when you sign-in with the Chew staff.

We have tickets already though, we can't use those?

Because in most cases, visitors' multiday tix will expire within 14 days, and the one-day ticket could be held for future use.

Yay! Did not know it included a ticket. Me too, using a hopper, since I was going to go to MK before the afternoon taping. Like the idea of using that park ticket later.

Because in most cases, visitors' multiday tix will expire within 14 days, and the one-day ticket could be held for future use.

Unless they are issuing the kind of ticket that has a built-in short-time expiration date.

Yes, and that's a definite possibility! Just shedding some light on why someone might want to use their already-purchased ticket instead of the free ticket provided for the taping. :-)

Why would you waste a ticket you paid for when you already have a ticket to get in as part of the taping?

Because I bought a Canadian ticket for the number of days that I required for my vacation, I cannot add an extra park day while we are there due to our schedule, we are are scheduled to be at Epcot the day of the taping, have fastpass and dessert party booked. Now DS and DD are flying down earlier so they have that day without a park pass, we cannot add to the canadian ticket so we were hoping to give them the one day chew ticket.

Because I bought a Canadian ticket for the number of days that I required for my vacation, I cannot add an extra park day while we are there due to our schedule, we are are scheduled to be at Epcot the day of the taping, have fastpass and dessert party booked. Now DS and DD are flying down earlier so they have that day without a park pass, we cannot add to the canadian ticket so we were hoping to give them the one day chew ticket.
@Pkltm ~ I'm not sure if you realized the OP of this thread, who attended the Chew tapings last year, stated you do need to use the ticket to get into the Chew taping; the tickets can't be reassigned:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter