Upgrading 3 Day Ticket to AP?

Kirbie

Mouseketeer
Hey all!

I was looking around the Disneyland website and couldn’t find any info so I thought I’d ask here:

Can I upgrade my 3 day PH ticket to an AP when I visit in August?

I’m thinking of getting an AP while I’m there, but I’m also wondering if that’s crazy? I live in Oregon so I’m not exactly local. But at the same time, if o can upgrade and visit for a minimum of 3 days after I upgrade it would pay for itself.

Any out of state/not exactly local AP have opinions about this?

Thanks!

If your ticket is a regular ticket (i.e. not a comp ticket, so it has actual monetary value), then you should be able to upgrade it to an AP as long as you do this before the end of your last day in the parks. Some guests choose to use their MM on their first day, then go directly to the ticket booths to upgrade so that they can get their AP discounts on food and merchandise for the rest of their visit. You might want to think about this. Will you be adding MP to your pass? If so, don't forget to add that cost into your budget. Whether your pass will pay for itself depends on which level you get and, as you've said, how many days you visit the parks over the following year.

We upgraded to an AP August 2016 since our trip was 8 DL days... and we're from Calgary, AB. We ended up sneaking in a 5 day trip for my birthday in June 2017 since we already had tickets...

I live in Oregon as well and did this a few years ago. We had 5 day hoppers but were there for 7 days. Once we added in the money saved with discounts and going for 7 days again the following year it was a no brainer.

I have been debating doing it again this year, with the intent of going in 2019 before they expire.... I'm just not sure if that would occur or not.

I am also from Oregon and have a AP at Disneyland and Disneyworld. The Disneyland one will expire a week from today, and I am not planning to renew (as we plan to do a few more trips to Disneyworld over the next year), but I am planning one last trip to Disneyland this coming Friday and Saturday. When I bought the pass, I had two trips planned, so the pass paid for itself. After that, I have managed 2 other trips. I am glad I did it, and will do it again, but I will only buy it when I know that I have 2 trips lined up.

Also depends on what days you are going. Over a weekend, Saturday would be blocked out if you upgraded to deluxe (you could only get deluxe, signature and signature plus). If it's all weekdays then you can upgrade on the first day after magic morning (assuming your first day would be MM)

We live in Utah and had deluxe annual passes last year. We ended up making 5 trips out to the parks, so we definitely felt like we got a lot of value out of them. We opted not to renew them, as we are visiting Walt Disney World this year, but we are anxious to buy them again next year.

If you can afford to do so, and see yourself taking at least one more trip, I’d go for it!

Hey all!

I was looking around the Disneyland website and couldn’t find any info so I thought I’d ask here:

Can I upgrade my 3 day PH ticket to an AP when I visit in August?

I’m thinking of getting an AP while I’m there, but I’m also wondering if that’s crazy? I live in Oregon so I’m not exactly local. But at the same time, if o can upgrade and visit for a minimum of 3 days after I upgrade it would pay for itself.

Any out of state/not exactly local AP have opinions about this?

Thanks!
I'm 45minutes south of PDX and I have had a Deluxe AP for a few years now.
I take grandkids to the park every year. With their ages and school schedules I can't take then all at once. So I have a minimum of two trips a year with them plus my solo trips. I figure I'm in the park at least ten days with grandkids and my solo trip can add add another ten days or more too.

Most of my solo trips are an overnight trip when Disney has room specials. Sometimes I'll just fly down for the day. I did this in December to see the decorations and hit a few rides. I'll be doing it again May 23rd. My flight will get me to the parks about 10am and I'll catch my flight home at 8:30pm.

With the anticipated CROWDS once SWL opens, I don't think I'll renew when my AP expires in November.

Until then I'll go as many times as I can, with or without the grandkids.

Geemo

I'm 45minutes south of PDX and I have had a Deluxe AP for a few years now.
I take grandkids to the park every year. With their ages and school schedules I can't take then all at once. So I have a minimum of two trips a year with them plus my solo trips. I figure I'm in the park at least ten days with grandkids and my solo trip can add add another ten days or more too.

Most of my solo trips are an overnight trip when Disney has room specials. Sometimes I'll just fly down for the day. I did this in December to see the decorations and hit a few rides. I'll be doing it again May 23rd. My flight will get me to the parks about 10am and I'll catch my flight home at 8:30pm.

With the anticipated CROWDS once SWL opens, I don't think I'll renew when my AP expires in November.

Until then I'll go as many times as I can, with or without the grandkids.

Geemo
What airline do you fly? I fly out of PDX too.

I did exactly this in April. We were planning a fall trip and realized I could roll the 3 day pass into an AP. We are in SF area so no quick trips for us. Now we are planning a few days in august, plus our week long trip in OCT plus a few days early December and I’m sure another week in the spring. Make sure to get our moneys worth.

Plus in April once we bought the AP I went over the morning we were checking out. My wife wanted to sleep in so I went solo for a few hours. Now that we are going so often I won’t feel like I am trying to get as much in as possible.

When driving down in August we should get to the hotel early afternoon. After a little relaxation we can get dinner then head into the park and get some shows done like the fireworks or parades on that first day leaving the other full days for rides or the other shows I can’t do in the travel day. Having those partial days just makes it so much easier.

In October when we are going down with some friends they wanted to go to USH, which we just did in April. I don’t feel like spending $200 for tickets so they will drive there while the wife and I go to Disneyland again. It just takes the stress of “I must get everything done” out of the equation. Plus I had given us a reason to take more vacations; which we need since we normally just relax at home or do things local.

I fly a combo of Alaska Airlines and Jet Blue, mostly Jet Blue though.
I find Jet Blue fares to be less than others .
I'll only fly Non-Stop flights
We love love Jet Blue!! We also fly out of PDX and love flying into Long Beach. Such a nice little airport!

We've done this 3 times, starting the summer after each of our kids turned one. Finishing up our last AP this June. It is a good deal if you know you're going to go two years in a row. That is how I justified the cost, like pre paying for the next year's tickets. Bonus if you can come down an extra trip or two to see some holiday decor. We live a 5 to 6 hour drive from the parks, so too far for a day trip.

My mom lives North of Portland and she decided to get an AP with us this time and go for a week 2 summers in a row. She also came for a short trip to see Halloween.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter