Upgrading 1-Day Pass to Annual Pass?

flowerfairy

Dreams of being a CM someday!!
Background Info:
We are getting ready for a very quick, very "budget" 1-day / 2 night trip to Universal. I have been looking at Universal's preferred off-site hotels and packages. We like the idea of being able to enter the park 1 hour early so a package deal sounds great! The only thing is, you have to purchase tickets with the package. Since we are planning several other quick trips this year we feel like the best deal would be to purchase the annual pass.

Now to my question:
Could we purchase the 1-day passes with the package then upgrade those tickets (prior to use) to annual passes? Would there be any disadvantage to this plan?

Thank you!

Background Info:
We are getting ready for a very quick, very "budget" 1-day / 2 night trip to Universal. I have been looking at Universal's preferred off-site hotels and packages. We like the idea of being able to enter the park 1 hour early so a package deal sounds great! The only thing is, you have to purchase tickets with the package. Since we are planning several other quick trips this year we feel like the best deal would be to purchase the annual pass.

Now to my question:
Could we purchase the 1-day passes with the package then upgrade those tickets (prior to use) to annual passes? Would there be any disadvantage to this plan?

Thank you!

Yes, you can most certainly do that. There is no disadvantage if you are staying ONsite. You can get great hotel discounts for ONsite. I think all OFFsite packages require you to buy tickets.

When looking at the Harry Potter packages, make sure you pay attention to the length of stay required. It may be to your benefit to book a one nighter on site at $134 (RPR with annual pass discount) and get two days of early entry and unlimited express. The Harry Potter package at an offsite hotel may require a 3 or 4 day stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter