Upgraded to AKL

Jess_Loves_Disney

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,
I got a call from Disney today that we were upgraded to AKL from Coronado Springs. I am excited but have no idea what to choose for our room requests now. We had a preferred king at CSR because we wanted something close to transportation and the food court. Can someone please help me?

What a treat! AKL is my favorite. Definitely request Jambo House. That building as all the amenities such as the restaurants. (Kidani is the DVC building). The hallways in Jambo are LONG. I would definitely request close to the elevator or lobby. All of the restaurants are a short walk from the lobby area. Most importantly - get a Savannah view. You will see animals right outside your window all day and night. To be honest, I think they need to give you a Savannah room if you had booked a Preferred at CSR - the other views at AKL are just not good. The best way to get to the bus stops is to short-cut thru the gift shop. I am so happy for you!

They are only giving us a standard view, I wish I could have Savannah view! I told the cast member that I am pregnant and that was why we wanted a preferred room because I didn't want a long walk to our room after walking in the parks all day. He said he worked something out with the hotel for a close room but it still makes me nervous because he said if anything changes its not guaranteed.

Alot of the best Savannah views are further out. When I want to be close at Jambo (although I'm generally staying DVC so that changes things a bit) I generally go for pool view since they are closer.

Even if you don't have a Savannah view there are alot of public viewing areas you can see. I recommend the night vision googles area they do at night those are really cool.

When you do your checkin, if online, pick close to lobby. And when you checkin in person, if you don't like what they show you, don't hesitate to ask if there is anything closer.
I bet you will love the resort. We liked CSR fine but are going to AKL now, can't wait.
Besides, even a long walk inside an air conditioned deluxe, would probably work out close when walking outside in the heat from the outside doors at CSR.

I hope u get where you want within resort, it's Great and perhaps you ll be lucky enough to get an UPgrade too..
Never know...
Pixie dust ur way... N stay hydrated especially if you re headed there soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter