Upgrade to Annual pass a month later?

Raya

DIS Veteran
We are considering getting an annual pass, if we do a second trip this summer. So for this trip, no pass, for the August trip, upgrade to a pass. If there isn't an August trip, we never upgrade, nothing lose. Is there any way to purchase a regular ticket (say 3 days) not use the last day and then apply that amount to annual pass a month later?

So I attend the park on July 4 and July 5. On August 5 I go to customer service and upgrade to an annual pass - using the value of my 3 day ticket toward the cost of the pass. Will that work?

I think you need to use or lose the ticket within 14 days of first use so probably not. You can upgrade the last day inside the park.

You’ll have to read the terms of your ticket. A 3-day ticket sold on UO site must be used within 7 days. Any unused days will be forfeited. You have to do the upgrade when you are there in July (before it expires or is used up on the 3rd day.)

You’ll have to read the terms of your ticket. A 3-day ticket sold on UO site must be used within 7 days. Any unused days will be forfeited. You have to do the upgrade when you are there in July (before it expires or is used up on the 3rd day.)

This is exactly right. Your ticket will expire if you don't use that last day within 7 days of your first day. You need to upgrade sometime in that 7 day period.

Is it possible to upgrade tickets bought with another Annual Pass?

We have a preferred pass and are bringing my in laws along in our next trip. If we buy multi day tickets for them, with a 15% discount, can we upgrade to a seasonal pass if they want to go more then 5 times to the park?

Is it possible to upgrade tickets bought with another Annual Pass?

We have a preferred pass and are bringing my in laws along in our next trip. If we buy multi day tickets for them, with a 15% discount, can we upgrade to a seasonal pass if they want to go more then 5 times to the park?

Yup. However, that 15% discount is off gate price and not online price, so the deal isn't necessarily the best one out there. You might still be better off to purchase their tickets through UT and then upgrade.

Along the lines of this, I was just gonna buy an annual pass for our 8 days in August. Would it be better to buy a different ticket and then upgrade to the pass?

All things being equal, I would just buy the AP.

Yes, you can buy tickets from UT and maybe trade them in for a few dollars savings, but that is a maybe and you will have to go thru the process of upgrading. I would just get the aps and be ready to go with no extra steps for something you can not be sure will be any savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter