Upgrade to an AP and MNSSHP

JPM4

Mouseketeer
Hi All
I am upgrading to an AP in August. We are now deciding to do MNSSHP. My question is should I wait til we ge there to use my AP discount? Or if I buy them now would I get reimbursed the difference?

Hi All
I am upgrading to an AP in August. We are now deciding to do MNSSHP. My question is should I wait til we ge there to use my AP discount? Or if I buy them now would I get reimbursed the difference?

There’s always a chance AP tickets or even general tickets may be sold out by then. AP tickets must be available in order for GR to refund the difference. That has been my experience.

Personally, I would purchase general tickets now and see about getting the difference later.

I would get the MNSSHP ticket now and then when you get your AP go to GR and ask them to give you the difference just now not all MNSSHP night have AP discounts

Its not likely that MNSSHP will sell out. Generally its the first week and last week that it is more likely to sell out. However, if you know the day you want to go, I would purchase the tickets now, so you have them. No real benefit to getting the AP now as you have to go to Guest Services to activate it anyway.

Its not likely that MNSSHP will sell out. Generally its the first week and last week that it is more likely to sell out. However, if you know the day you want to go, I would purchase the tickets now, so you have them. No real benefit to getting the AP now as you have to go to Guest Services to activate it anyway.

Buying an AP certificate before the trip will give guests the pre-trip advantages (like FP+ advance booking) just like having an activated AP.
The visit to a WDW Guest Relations or a ticket booth is only necessary to make the AP "ready"
to enter a WDW park.
Then, passing through a park touch-point/gate is what "starts" the AP's active one year of life.

but they already have tickets because they were looking to upgrade to the AP so they should already be able to make the 60 day FP+.

Thank you for the information. I bought Halloween party tickets before I decided to buy APs and I didn’t realize that there was any chance of being refunded the difference. Now I will at least ask the question when we activate in 2 weeks.

Thanks all! So I just purchased the tix. And when we get there I’ll see if I can refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter