• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade MYW tix to DVC AP???

jennwdw

Mouseketeer
I tried searching and if this has been answered I could not find it. So I apologize in advance if it's already been answered.

I am paying cash for a pkg in Dec.(saving points for a big trip next year) Part of the pkg includes 7 day MYW tix. I am hoping to upgrade these to a AP w/DVC discount. Has anyone done this and can it be done? I'm hoping so that way tix will be covered for big trip next fall. Thanks!

Yes, it can be done. After you check in, take your DVC membership card, photo ID and room key (which will have the MYW tickets encoded onto it) to any Guest Relations office. They will sell you the DVC discounted AP (or PAP) and you will get credit for the MYW ticket.

The resorts cannot handle any transaction involving an AP or PAP. IMHO, the best palce to do what you want to do is the GR office in the Downtown Disney MarketPlace. The CMs there are said to be especially knowledgable and especially nice. Plus you won't have a lot of impatient people in line behind you who are trying to get into the park asap, LOL!

Best wishes-

Yes I just did this last week. I had to purchase 2 day passes in order to get the free dining. When I arrived at MK the first night I went to guest services with my ID, room key and DVC card and it was done immediately! Great discount!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter