• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

upgading at port

jns

<font color=cc3366>Tries hard to get the jelly off
How would you go about up grading at the port or can you

is there any saving in doing this

Thanks

You can, we have, you save over booking at the higher level. When you enter the port go all the way to the end of the counter. On the left there will be a supervisor who can check and see if any are available and tell you what the cost will be. You need to get there early and be aware there may not be any available if the ship is sailing full. Good luck! :thumbsup2

So if I check the rates right before my cruise, will this be the same rate they will give me for upgrading or will I get a GOOD discount? Thinking you SHOULD get a GOOD discount since they can get a few extra dollars out of you and if the room will be empty anyway! Right? :teeth:

Just out of my crazy curiosity, has anyone ever been upgraded into a cat 1, 2, or 3? How sweet would that be? :)

Just upgraded at the port from a category 4 (for 5 people) to a category 3 for around $860. The day before sailing we had been quoted a $6000 dollar difference in the two categories. A big savings at the port and was based upon availability. We got there early and was lucky that the room was still available.

Just back from the 09/30 eastern. Upgraded at port from cat 6 to cat 3.
Wow what a difference!!!

Categories 1,2,3 are rarely if ever available. We upgraded at port from a category 8 to a 5 for only $395 more rather than paying full price in advance of $1,000. When we were upgrading there was a family with a category 12 upgrading too for the same price. They really lucked out. They got a veranda room like us on the seventh deck for only $395 more!!!! The only problem is that if they have a full ship there won't be upgrades available and you'de be stuck with your original choice. So make sure your choice of room before getting there is one you will be happy with for the duration of the cruise because there are no guarantees. Have a blast!

I forgot to mention that September sailings are rarely full except for the sailing that lands on Labor Day which is usually the first Magic sailing in the month of Sept. That one week is not a safe week.

Can anyone of the check in agents help with the upgrade or only the supervisor on the left?

What is the first thing I need to do when I arrive? Go to the CC counter and check in or look for a supervisor for an upgrade?

Is there anyway to tell, in advance, how full the ship will be?

Also, what about CC items and baskets from Shirley...how would these get to your new room?

Does table assignment, dining rotation stay the same?

Thanks.

I asked about upgrading from a Cat 10 to a Cat 6...the price was $740
This is set in groups..

Cat 12,11,10 upgrade to Cat 9 or 8 = $250
Cat 12,11,10 upgrade to Cat 7,6, = $740

Evans Family said:
Can anyone of the check in agents help with the upgrade or only the supervisor on the left?

What is the first thing I need to do when I arrive? Go to the CC counter and check in or look for a supervisor for an upgrade?

Is there anyway to tell, in advance, how full the ship will be?

Also, what about CC items and baskets from Shirley...how would these get to your new room?

Does table assignment, dining rotation stay the same?

Thanks.

Only the sup can do this. Actually, if you are facing the check in counter, it is the person on the far right.

We upgraded at the port on the 9/3 wonder sailing. We had 2 cat 9's and ugraded to 2 cat 6's with verandahs for $600. My sil also upgraded from a cat 9 to a 6 for $300. It was very easy, I casually mentioned it to my dh at the port before boarding and he went over to ask about it and before you know it we were switched. We told our new stateroom host when we got onboard and he brought us our castaway key club presents and excursion tickets-no problem!!!

We got a cat 6 from a cat 11 comp. upgrade upon checking into our room :teeth: pretty neat! It was also our honeymoon if that had anything to do with it??

Should you just try to do it at the port, or should you try to call about a week or two out and try? Which is better? :confused3 I wanted to try to surprise my husband with an upgrade for his birthday if I can pull it off and it is not too expensive. He wanted a verandah, but could not force himself to spend the extra bucks for it.

:dance3: Not much longer...We are so excited.

Frye7127 said:
Should you just try to do it at the port, or should you try to call about a week or two out and try? Which is better?

I think what is being said is:
if you want an upgrade for sure and have the money - you need to do it in advance.

If you are happy with your cabin and would just like to get an upgrade (if there is space A) - then wait until you get to port.

At port you will save money BUT if you want the assurance you better do beforehand

Frye7127 said:
Should you just try to do it at the port, or should you try to call about a week or two out and try? Which is better? :confused3 I wanted to try to surprise my husband with an upgrade for his birthday if I can pull it off and it is not too expensive. He wanted a verandah, but could not force himself to spend the extra bucks for it.

:dance3: Not much longer...We are so excited.

If you want to upgrade a week or two ahead of time it will cost you the prevailing rate...if you wait until you get to the port AND THERE IS AVAILABLILITY you would get a discount...BUT as the above poster mentioned....if you really want an upgrade book it ahead of time. There is absolutely no guarantee that a cabin will available at the port and there would be nothing worse than being in a cabin that you don't really want...so...if you really WANT that upgraded cabin...pay up ahead of time and get it....if you WOULD LIKE to have an upgrade (but don't mind being in the cabin you already have) wait until you get to the port and hope for the best.

We are in a cat 9...what do you think of the chances of upgrading to Cat 3?

I called and there is plenty of availabilty (7 rooms!)

We will be happy with the cabin we have as we booked what we would be happy in, upgrading would just an added bonus.. Decisions, decisions!!! :) At least it is a good one to have.

Hi everyone. I am new to posting but have read a lot of helpful info on these boards. Can anyone tell me if it would be worth it to try and upgrade from a Category 6 to a Category 4 at the port? Does a Category 4 seem a lot roomier, or is the additional square footage insignificant? We have 2 children, 6 and 8. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter