Updated : Universal Studios Hollywood May 6th

cinder-ellah

A Dream is a Wish your heart makes......
*Update *

We had a great time and loved chatting with the Girl Scouts and their families in-line. A great day !
_______
Our family group of 6 (6yrs old to 72) have regular 1 day tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood on Saturday May 6th.
This will be our second time visiting since 2017.

We just learned that May 6th is also a reward day for Girl Scouts for them to attend USH for the day. We're happy for the Girl Scouts and that's nice that USH does that for them. We've heard that their group has approx 2,000 GS's, plus chaperones and family will be attending.

Have anyone gone to USH when an event like this is taking place ?

We're just wondering how this affects the general public.

Any advice or information you may have with large group events like this would be appreciated. TIA

Last edited:
Oh man that's the day we're going to be going to. I was on the fence about spending extra for the VIP tour but I think I'm gonna do it if it's going to be that busy with girl scouts! (my daughter is a scout and I'm a leader :)

Oh man that's the day we're going to be going to. I was on the fence about spending extra for the VIP tour but I think I'm gonna do it if it's going to be that busy with girl scouts! (my daughter is a scout and I'm a leader :)
I just got a reply from the Girl Scout organization and they said there will be 3,000 scouts plus their families/ chaperones attending. But that is included with the over all amount for capacity for the day. And that the park will have regular hours with private after hour ceremonies for the scouts, not in the public areas. Still feeling a bit anxious, but deep breathing, lol. Looked at getting Early Access tickets… but they’re sold out, darn. Hope you have lots of fun ! We’ll have to check out doing a VIP tour in the future. Sounds nice.

Our May 6th visit to USH was great ! Lots of Girl Scouts celebrating, to our family it was enjoyable and not overwhelming.

Our 1 downside for our group was at The Forbidden Journey ride. My 6 year old was measured at the start and was perfect height, head touching firmly to the measurement requirement. Ready to board and measured again and she was atleast 1” too short. How does that even happen ??? Needless to say she was so sad. I understand there is a safety reason for measuring, but such a difference is so confusing. The Cast Member (are they referred to as Cast Members) was apologetic for the confusion and did give us express passes for other rides, which was appreciated by our group, but we really wish there was more consistency in their measurements from one point to another.

SNW was great ! It took some planning. The online reservation for Toads worked great ! We didn’t do everything, but the ride and character meets were fun. We did not have early access.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter