Updated Ticket to Hopper - park reservations

E.Jane

Mouseketeer
Last week, I upgraded our tickets from single park per day tickets, to hoppers. I already had all my park reservations in place with the single-park ticket. Do I now need to cancel the existing reservations and make new reservations under the hopper ticket tab on-line? Or, can we simply hop to the other park after 1 pm without a reservation?

You only reserve the first park of the day (for each day) and can hop back and forth after 1 PM. If you did a ticket upgrade though, you should go online and check if the tickets you now have actually have reservations associated with them. Ticket upgrades/changes usually wipe out existing reservations.

How did you upgrade them?

Did you buy new tickets direct (so had to put in dates to purchase) and get the old ones refunded?
In this case no, you already have the dates reserved from when you bought the new tickets.

Some other way? You'll need to make reservations that are tied to the PH tickets.

There are two different buckets for general tickets: single park and park hopper. Since you made your reservations with single park, they are no longer valid. Those reservations are tied to the single park ticket. You'll need to make new reservations in the PH bucket with the new ticket.

You only reserve the first park of the day (for each day) and can hop back and forth after 1 PM. If you did a ticket upgrade though, you should go online and check if the tickets you now have actually have reservations associated with them. Ticket upgrades/changes usually wipe out existing reservations.
My park reservations are still there, but showing as "all day" - for example for DEcember 5th, it's showing as "All Day - Disneyland park"

How did you upgrade them?

Did you buy new tickets direct (so had to put in dates to purchase) and get the old ones refunded?
In this case no, you already have the dates reserved from when you bought the new tickets.

Some other way? You'll need to make reservations that are tied to the PH tickets.

There are two different buckets for general tickets: single park and park hopper. Since you made your reservations with single park, they are no longer valid. Those reservations are tied to the single park ticket. You'll need to make new reservations in the PH bucket with the new ticket.
I had a package booked through Disney, and called them to add the hopper and Genie+. All my existing reservations remained intact. They are showing as "All day" for whatever park is reserved. So I guess I'm wondering, do I need to cancel that, and re-book under the "hopper ticket" tab? I'd phone back and ask, but calling form Canada on a cell phone @ $1 per minute....!

My park reservations are still there, but showing as "all day" - for example for DEcember 5th, it's showing as "All Day - Disneyland park"

"All day" is the standard verbiage for park reservations regardless if they are one park or hoppers. "All day" refers to what TIME you can enter that park you reserved. As in, there is no timed entry. You can show up "all day" and enter.

Since you booked a package and upgraded directly with Disney, you should be fine and not need to make new reservations. Since you don't have your actual tickets yet, they will simply load the correct ticket type into your account a few days prior to arrival.

"All day" is the standard verbiage for park reservations regardless if they are one park or hoppers. "All day" refers to what TIME you can enter that park you reserved. As in, there is no timed entry. You can show up "all day" and enter.

Since you booked a package and upgraded directly with Disney, you should be fine and not need to make new reservations. Since you don't have your actual tickets yet, they will simply load the correct ticket type into your account a few days prior to arrival.
Thank you!!

Yeah, that it was a package was an important detail to have included in the OP 😂

Hopefully all is good then like previous poster said! I can't speak from experience on those since I don't book packages 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter