Updated November 4 2021 Summary of Genie+ and Individual Attraction Lightning Lanes in Walt Disney World

FYI you can add Genie+ to any Ultimate. 2021 you can only do there, it’s $105/135/200 for 7/14/21 day tickets

Do not switch to Magic tickets if you have a package including dining credit as you’ll lose the credit.

2022 tickets can have Genie+ added before you go, must be 7+ days before you go, or just do it on arrival at any ticket window.

Or you can see how you go and pay $15 a day 🤷‍♀️

that is incorrect I have already added it on to my ultimate ticket

As far as I can see Disney are not selling 2021 tickets now. How do you add Genie+ to 2021 14 day ultimate tickets? By calling Disney U.K.?

The app now consistently recognises I have tickets for next year, they just need to fix the tip board now!

Sorry if that has been asked before but the whole Genie+ is totally confusing :teeth:
Did I understand it correctly that I cannot add Genie+ to my Dec 2021 tickets unless I do it directly in the parks at a kiosk?
What about the individual LLs? Will I be able to buy one at 7am on the MDE app or do I need to use a kiosk in the parks?
I am only interested in RotT anyway but I hate to find out at 7am that I never had a chance getting it through the app ;)

Wow having visited Disneyworld over a dozen times in the past but never since covid struck the whole trip planning looks so complex and expensive I would love to hear back from any UK travellers on how things are in reality. Understandably though people (including myself) tend not to revisit this site post holiday until planning the next one but if anyone on here now does have time when they return it would be great to hear the good, bad and ugly from a Brit perspective thanks

I think it's worse for us because we go for longer trips, so it's 10 days x 15$ each for Genie if you used it all the time, plus the individual rides on top of that. The exchange rate hardly helps.

What are the prices for the Individual Lightning Lane selections? The DW website says:

Pricing and availability varies by date and attraction and may be purchased on the day of your visit to the Walt Disney World Resort.

But is there anywhere showing what the range of prices is for each of the attractions eligible for Individual Lightning Lane selection?

The scary thing is that LL availability is always gone by park open. It's clear Disney is leaving money on the table, they should charge more. I expect it to have a more dynamic pricing in the future.
Also, I think adoption for G+ is a bit too high, causing issues with availability and return times. I think Disney is going to increase that as well, so they can get the same amount of money or more with fewer people using it. Or maybe dynamic price there as well. It may be wise to lock in the G+ price buying the length of stay addon now (of course, it's speculation).

Wow having visited Disneyworld over a dozen times in the past but never since covid struck the whole trip planning looks so complex and expensive I would love to hear back from any UK travellers on how things are in reality. Understandably though people (including myself) tend not to revisit this site post holiday until planning the next one but if anyone on here now does have time when they return it would be great to hear the good, bad and ugly from a Brit perspective thanks

My visit the first two weeks of December has been less pleasant than in the past. However it wasn't a normal time:
- very high crowds, a few days MK even hit (Covid reduced) capacity. I'm used to the September dead parks, so it's obviously quite different
- missing / reduced entertainment. Shows are a big part of what I like and many favorites were dark or in a disappointing reduced version (Lion King)
- Genie+ is full of bugs and unnecessarily complicated. I had problems loading the Tip board to book experiences all the time, but the annoying parts are having to log in at 7am to book the first experience and not being able to select a later return time to avoid conflicts with other experiences or dining reservations. Those seem things they could easily fix).

I think I'm going to skip the trip I was planning for this September and look at how things evolve.

The scary thing is that LL availability is always gone by park open. It's clear Disney is leaving money on the table, they should charge more. I expect it to have a more dynamic pricing in the future.
Also, I think adoption for G+ is a bit too high, causing issues with availability and return times. I think Disney is going to increase that as well, so they can get the same amount of money or more with fewer people using it. Or maybe dynamic price there as well. It may be wise to lock in the G+ price buying the length of stay addon now (of course, it's speculation).

Actually last couple of days there's finally been off-site ROTR LLs available, but they went quickly. The chart is ordered in a weird non-intuitive way so the current days aren't at the top. But agree they're 100% leaving money on the table in peak season.

Actually last couple of days there's finally been off-site ROTR LLs available, but they went quickly. The chart is ordered in a weird non-intuitive way so the current days aren't at the top. But agree they're 100% leaving money on the table in peak season.

Are you saying that ROTR generally isn't available for Individual Lightning Lane selection to people staying off-site? I'm fully off-site this time and the last time I went was before the Galaxy's Edge area opened. That was due to be one of the highlights of our trip this time. Is it likely that the only way to get on ROTR without a massive wait is to do it at the end of the day?

I'm going in August and I'm just finding it impossible to get as enthused this time around as I did on previous trips. On those trips, planning the trip with my family was part of the fun. Now it seems more like a chore.

Are you saying that ROTR generally isn't available for Individual Lightning Lane selection to people staying off-site? I'm fully off-site this time and the last time I went was before the Galaxy's Edge area opened. That was due to be one of the highlights of our trip this time. Is it likely that the only way to get on ROTR without a massive wait is to do it at the end of the day?

I'm going in August and I'm just finding it impossible to get as enthused this time around as I did on previous trips. On those trips, planning the trip with my family was part of the fun. Now it seems more like a chore.

Forget Florida Try a trip to Paris & the Parks that are in Europe just as good & cheaper

Forget Florida Try a trip to Paris & the Parks that are in Europe just as good & cheaper
FLights & accommodation are already booked and we have plans to do stuff other than Disney while we're there, so sacking it off and going somewhere else isn't a choice for this year, and is a choice we have already made for future years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter