• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATED LIVE DAY 5: 4/22-5/1

Just found your live TR, loving it! :yay: Totally know what you mean about having the same safari pics time after time lol, I try to talk younger DS into not taking that many now when we ride. However, I always have to take a picture of a Baobab tree - I love those!!

And may I say, I mourn with you the loss of the taco salad at Tortuga Tavern :sad1: It was a very sad day when I heard about that....

Enjoy your last few days, looking forward to reading more :goodvibes

Love the SSR pics! This is our home also and we still have quite a ways to go to our "we weren't going to WDW this year" except SSRmonkey came up with a good plan and who can resist such an awesome monkey?

Even with us having been out so late last night, we were still planning on a rope drop morning until we woke up to lots of rain which made us change course. At least the kids were still sleeping, so we turned off the alarm and slept until 845 and leisurely got around. We decided that we would spend the morning making the monorail loop and browsing in the gift shops, have some lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe, then head back for some naps and wait for the rain to clear.

We didn't find anything that we couldn't live without during our shopping adventures, but it's always fun to browse all of their gift shops.

The Grand Floridian Cafe was a bit of a mixed bag for us as Matt had the Surf and Turf Burger 2.5* and Bri had the open faced sandwich that was 4*. Jack had a side order of French Fries (don't judge) :)

On our way back to the hotel, the kids fell asleep in the car (we knew that they wouldn't transfer) so we ended up driving all over Disney World for 2 hours, and it actually was really nice.

This evening we headed back to MK to utilize some Fastpasses (Pooh, Tomorrowland Speedway, Wishes), watch the parade, and do pretty much anything else that tickled our fancy and we ended up accomplishing a lot. I'll update the evening tomorrow, as it's almost 1230 and we're rope dropping at Epcot (Jack's request) tomorrow morning!

Have a great night!!

We always love a good Chellymouse report as well. The Squatch and the Pit have great adventures!

Love the SSR pics! This is our home also and we still have quite a ways to go to our "we weren't going to WDW this year" except SSRmonkey came up with a good plan and who can resist such an awesome monkey?

I'm behind in reading your TR! I plan to catch up ASAP, but I'm glad you made it to EOS! And thank you for the SSR pic! Three more days!!! Great pics

Hope the rain clears out! Can't wait til the next installment! Our next pit and squatch adventure will be quite an adventure.....DLR as a layover on the way to Aulani

It looks like you are having a wonderful trip! I think French fries are a well-balanced lunch...especially if you add free cheese sauce from Cosmic Rays! The Darth Vader mouse ears look fantastic on Jack!!

Sorry for the delay in reporting, but as the trip comes closer and closer to a close, our time gets a bit more monopolized and we want to make sure we get everything done at least 1 more time.

Last night we returned to the MK at around 5pm to have a decent Wishes viewing experience and utilize a couple of Fastpasses. Surprisingly, we were able to do quite a bit prior to leaving.

We got to the park and grabbed a Starbucks on the way into the park and headed for Tomorrowland as we wanted to do the COP. After exiting COP we did a quick TTA tour and then Mom and Jack rode the Speedway. Jack was so excited after getting off the Speedway that he took a pretty nasty stumble and got a little road rash on his forehead.

A ride on Dumbo made Jack forget about his ouchy, so it was much needed.

We then grabbed some dinner at Cosmic Rays and took in the soothing sounds of Sonny Eclipse which is always a highlight.

We then used our Pooh Fastpasses, rode the Carousel, and Philharmagic which is definitely Jack's favorite of this trip (Frrworks as well).

After hitting those Fantasyland Attractions, we raced to the front of the park for a decent viewing of the Electrical Parade and then immediately went to our Wishes Fastpasses.

It was a busy night, but we definitely felt like it was a great night.

This morning we woke up early and rope dropped at Epcot. The park was VERY slow today which was awesome (at 945 Soarin' was a 10 minute wait). The first thing we did was Spaceship Earth (Jack's request) as we can't walk by without Jack saying "Ride EPCOT". We then went over and rode Livin' with the Land (walked on), walked onto Figment, and watched a preview for the new Tomorrowland movie starring George Clooney in the Captain E.O. Theater.

Afterwards, we went across the park and rode the Universe of Energy and then headed for World Showcase.

We stopped in Mexico and rode the Three Caballeros and had a snack. We didn't really stop in any countries until America where we watched some new stage show call the American Music Machine and it was very entertaining (at least much better than the empty theater that is there most of the year).

We then decided to leave the park to let the kiddos get some rest with the plan of heading back to Epcot for the evening.

Last edited:
Those babies are too stinkin' cute! Hope Mr. Jack's ouchie is better by now. So love hearing about your experiences- thanks for keeping us updated.

As you all know, you try and cram as much into the last few days as possible so there isn't as much time to report. I promise to update more, but we had an interesting (not at all) day today :)

So, I guess I have some catching up to do. Two nights ago, we went back to Epcot after spending the morning there and going home for naps. We went directly to World Showcase as we had done most of our damage in Future World that morning. I wouldn't say that we did a whole lot but really just enjoyed the ambiance and had dinner. Our first stop was in France and we had a good time while waiting for Impressions to start. After the show was over, we got a couple of treats in the bakery and then headed to America for the American Adventure which was excellent as always! Mom grabbed a Bellini in Italy while Dad grabbed a beer. We had full intentions of sticking around for Illuminations!, but everyone was a bit tired and we decided to head back to the room so that we could get a good night sleep for our rope drop at Animal Kingdom yesterday.

I really enjoyed your report and pics! Thanks for sharing :)

We are planning a late September trip with a 22 month old, and this is the first time we've got park hoppers. It certainly seems as if you take full advantage of them! Did you also use EMH? How did your kids do with stroller napping (although it seemed like you went back during the day for some relaxation and rest)?

Looks like you all had a fabulous time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter