• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATED LIVE DAY 5: 4/22-5/1

Disney Princess

Member Since Day 1
So, this will be the first time ever doing a live trip report as we have always just created videos after the fact and had fun sharing them (See here and here). We figured that it would be fun to try out the Live Trip report medium to get others excited about their upcoming trips, or to live vicariously through us while we are there (we do this quite often through many of y'alls trip reports).

As for where we currently stand, all of the preparation is in place and now it is just the longest 3 days of work ever :)

This is us on our last Disney Trip!
url]

We hope you enjoy this report!!!

Last edited:
ONE more excruciatingly long day of work left and then it's 9 days at the greatest place in the world!

So, we just got here and are super excited to get rolling tomorrow. We have never stayed at a value before but we needed someplace to stay for the first 2 nights and were able to find an AP rate for $81 per night at the All Star Sports so we figured why not. My husband works for Hilton, so we are staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek from Friday to Friday for this trip.

We came in with really low expectations, yet we encountered a less than spectacular check in. The CM was a stereotypical "Grumpy Old Man" (Think any Walter Matthau movie) The accommodations are fine, but again didn't have super high expectations given the rate that we got. Really the big positives are being onsite and having the EMH and transportation (even though we probably won't use it)

The food court was very busy still even at 1030pm. The menu was limited at this point (understandable) and it was pretty much standard Disney Counter Service faire (burgers/chicken/pizza/etc).

We're all looking forward to a great night sleep and hitting the park as early as possible for a 2.5 and 9 month old that are up way past their normal bed time!

Following along excited to hear your report!

We are going with a 10 month old the say after you leave so hoping to hear some great tips/real life stories of your trip with a 9 month old!

This morning, we leisurely got around and decided to hit the Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast and then wander into Epcot.

By the time we got up and around, the thunderstorms were gathering, and it was a serious downpour by the time we got to the Boardwalk. We ended up hanging there for a while and when it let up a bit, we briskly walked over to Epcot.

We asked Jack what he wanted to do; he said "Jack see Mickey", so it seemed like a good raining activity to go to the Character Spot and Meet Mickey. He was excited to meet Goofy and Minnie as well.

Still drizzling, we decided to hoof it over to the Seas with Nemo and Friends, followed by a stop at the Land for a little Circle of Life action and a snack at Sunshine Seasons.

After leaving the Land, we decided to head into Innoventions for our Visa Meet and Greet and to dork around for a bit.

We just got back to the hotel for our afternoon nap and are planning on heading back to the MK this evening for our 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Buzz, and Peter Pan Fastpasses.

Last edited:
I'm not sure how old your son is, but it's a good thing that he's happy to meet the characters. I know some children have a hard time with it.

After naps, it was time to cash in on those previously planned FastPass+ that we had scheduled ;) We find that we don't use them as often as we do.

Upon park entrance, we decided that we needed to take care of first things first... A Casey's Hot Dog!!!

With that out of the way, we moved into Tomorrowland and used our Buzz Fast Passes. Jack was able to improve his score from 0 on his last trip to 100 on this trip. We were definitely proud parents :)

After exciting Buzz, that TTA is just so darn appealing and we decided to take a stroll on that magnificent jewel before heading to Fantasyland for a jaunt on Pooh, The Little Mermaid, (Mom used her Mine Train Fastpass), and Casey Jr's Splash Park. (We also delayed our Dumbo voyage a bit too long, as an inclement weather warning prompted us to leave the playground and head over to the Columbia Harbour House for a quick Chicken Tender Basket)

After our snack, we checked out the new Sunglass Hut in Adventureland to see if they happened to get a new shipment of the Mickey RayBans which unfortunately they did not (we've been waiting since last year)

Feeling disappointed, we headed back to Fantasyland for Dad to use his Mine Train Fastpass and stopped in at Small World along the way. A brief wait in the Carousel line with a break down as soon as we were to load ended our magic for the evening as we decided that the two no-nappers were tuckered and needed to get some sleep so it was time to call it a night.

Until tomorrow...

Last edited:
Side note, I'm not sure if we are getting the "value" internet connection, but I swear my connection speeds were better in 1996. Hands down, the worst internet I've had in 15 years so forgive the delay in photos.

Last edited:
I had on par internet with my house at that resort, (which is good.) Perhaps talk to someone? They might need to cycle it or something.

So far sounds like a great trip!

Bad internet is my pet peeve I can not handle slow internet, I agree to talk to them you never know!

Have a great day today

This morning was a bit chaotic which was expected as we were transferring hotels. The Hilton was great about getting us in early (10am) and we dropped our luggage and without fully coming up with a game plan headed back to MK. We stopped at Cpt. Cooks for some breakfast, but ended up being 10 minutes late and settling for a couple of items that were less than satisfying (Chicken and Pineapple Skewers/Chicken and Waffles). We should've gone for the Pulled Pork Sandwich as we know we like it, but the non breakfast threw us off.

We ended up getting to MK at about 1130 and immediately said "we should have just gone to the grocery store and given the kids naps". So we rode Tomorrowland Speedway then decided to leave and hit Publix before heading back to the hotel for some pool time as well as naps.

The Hilton Pool area is very nice and we spent a good hour and a half there with the kids really enjoying the time in the water. We just got back to the room and are attempting (unsuccessfully at the moment) to get at least an hour nap before heading to Epcot and our last EMH opportunity of this trip. I'll update some photos this evening!

Last edited:
Tip of the cap to SSR Monkey and Koala and their fine recommendation of utilizing Photo Bucket for the photo uploads (hence the large photos). So thanks to Monkey and Koala for that tip!! Perhaps they will be doing a trip report next week when they visit the world again!

Awesome pics-happy to help with the Photobucket tip! Sounds like another good day. I wondered what Bonnet Creek was like. We are arriving a day early and looked into staying there, but Mom didn't want to pay the extra $25 for parking so we are staying offsite. (All the value resorts are booked too.) I'm glad you have realized the value of naps! :)

So, for the second straight day we had two children that refused to take naps while resting in the hotel room. We gave them over an hour to fall asleep and then laid low for another hour thinking that they might end up falling asleep but to no avail. Feeling like terrible parents, we loaded up the mini van expecting a nuclear melt down to occur at some point during the evening. Of course during the 5 minute drive between Bonnet Creek and Epcot, both children fell asleep which we somehow, miraculously were able to transfer over into the stroller (this never happens)?!?

We got into Epcot and barely missed the 645 Garden Rocks Concert, so we had some fun in the interim at a couple of the F&G Food and Beverage Kiosks. We had a Falafel Pita and Sparkling Wine in Morocco and made our way 3/4 of the way around World Showcase before realizing that we didn't have much time before the 8pm showing of The Guess Who. It was a great show and they played a completely different set than what we heard during the 645 show. We are actually planning on going back over the next couple of days to hopefully hear the other sets as they were very entertaining and both Jack and Rylie really liked the music (even though it was pretty loud).

Once the show was over, we finished our loop around world showcase and perched up behind a few rows of people for a very mediocre viewing experience of Illuminations, but Jack LOVED the fireworks and couldn't stop talking about them for the entire ride home. Rylie surprisingly LOVED the fireworks as well as she was hysterically giggling during them. Every time there was a BOOM, she would flinch and then just start laughing. Everyone around us thought that it was hilarious.

Got back to the resort and had two really good baths and never reached a point close to the meltdown that we were expecting. Tomorrow, we are planning on a rope drop morning at Animal Kingdom, and mid day nap/pool break, and then another Epcot evening!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter