*UPDATED in post 17* Upgrading a ticket- will you lose original ticket's unused days?

Clover9990

<font color=336699>Let me know where we can get so
If I upgrade my ticket to a Weekday Select pass, will I lose my unused days on my original ticket? The original ticket is a military salute 4-day pass with the WP&M option...I have one major park day left and 4 water parks & more days left.

Thanks in advance!

You can only upgrade it to a weekday select pass if you have not used any water parks and more options (as those are not part of weekday select) and then you will have nothing left from the original ticket- if you want to go to the water parks than you can't use that ticket to upgrade. Once you do upgrade your pass should be backdated to the first day it was used. Since you are going for a weekday select pass if you have previously used it on weekends you may not be allowed to upgrade it to a weekday select but it would have to go to a seasonal pass that does allow weekends.

When you upgrade a ticket you get credit for the full price of the ticket you're upgrading (no matter how many days are used or unused) and the computer will see it as though you had originally purchased the upgraded ticket.

In your case, you would get $125 in credit (the $99 for the military salute ticket and $26 for the WP option), but your weekday pass start date would be the first day you used your existing ticket and it would expire one year from that date.

As a PP said, this will only work if you haven't used any of the water park options yet, because a weekday select pass doesn't allow water park entries. If you have used a water park option then your only choice would be to upgrade to a premium annual pass.

Additionally you may have trouble if any of the days you have used were not on a weekday. Since the weekday pass doesn't allow weekend use then they may not let you upgrade if you've already gone on a weekend.

It's my understanding that no pass can be upgraded once it's been 14 days since first use - none of the responses so far point this out, so maybe that rule doesn't apply to military passes? I don't know...I didn't think there were any exceptions to the 14 day rule... :confused3

It's my understanding that no pass can be upgraded once it's been 14 days since first use - none of the responses so far point this out, so maybe that rule doesn't apply to military passes? I don't know...I didn't think there were any exceptions to the 14 day rule... :confused3

That's a good point. I had intended to mention that in my original post and I forgot. There are a few exemptions to that rule (FL Resident 3 and 4 day tickets can be upgraded for 6 months and annual passes can be upgraded to a higher level of annual pass for the entire year that they're valid). Additionally, the FL resident $99 four day dream pass that was offered from January of this year until May 25th could be upgraded up until May 25th no matter when you bought the pass. I just checked the ticket sticky and the Military Salute ticket is another exception to the 14 day rule. Like the dream pass, those tickets can be upgraded until they expire no matter when they were first used.

Some passes even without NE added are good for more than 14 days. There were some FL res passes that expired end of May that were like this, 4 day fun pass (?).

To the OP I'm not a ticket expert but if you used any WP options you can only upgrade to a pass that includes the WP like a PAP.

Also you don't get to keep your old days when you upgrade, however it is done, (if it can be done the weekday weekend thing is an issue) in the end you get a Weekday Select pass with all the benefits and restrictions that go with it.

You will not have a pass that is a Weekday Select pass with one day of any day of the week and 4 WP admissions "left over".

Best case is you get a Weekday Select pass that will expire one year after the first day you used the old pass and you only payed the difference between the old pas and the new pass.

Thanks so much for the info. I know Cheshire Figment told me in the past I can upgrade the military pass to the Weekday Select pass, even if I used all of my park days (providing I upgrade before the military pass expires.) I wasn't sure about the WP&M option, though. Good to know, because I would have been really upset when I went to upgrade them for our end-of-summer trip and would have been told no (we were planning on going to the water parks this summer.)

UGH! What to do, what to do? I REALLY REALLY wish they would at least let me keep $99 worth of credit to upgrade to the Weekday Select and let me keep my water parks days. I mean, what is the difference? If I can use up my entire pass with my 4 major days in the parks and get a $99 upgrade credit, why would using the WP&M option totally void my ticket for upgrade? :( :( Again, I would be OK with them giving me $99 credit instead of the $125 I paid. Do you think there is any way around this?

UGH! What to do, what to do? I REALLY REALLY wish they would at least let me keep $99 worth of credit to upgrade to the Weekday Select and let me keep my water parks days. I mean, what is the difference?

Like I said above, Disney upgrades are a bit unusual in that you get full credit for the purchase price of your ticket, but then it's as though you had the upgraded ticket all along. Since there is no standalone WP&M option and you can't just add that option to an annual pass (without getting the premium annual pass) then there's no way for them to let you keep those water park days.

Do you think there is any way around this?

The only options you have are to buy a 1 day water park ticket (if that will be enough for you) for about $48, including tax, or a water park annual pass for about $106 including tax. Obviously both of those options are much more than $26, but I'm afraid those are your choices.

Thanks Brett. Sure enough, I read CF's sticky and he? she? echoed what you said about losing the ability to upgrade to a non-PAP if you've used any WP&M options.

Financially, it would be better for the 4 of us to buy annual water park passes and upgrade our Military Salute passes to Weekday Select, otherwise we will be "losing" the $125 value of each of our Military Salute tix. But we weren't planning on spending an extra $400+, either, so I guess we're going to forgo our WP&M option. :( That really stinks because we've never been to Disney's water parks, but it is what it is.

Now, my question is will they really not let me upgrade to the Weekday Select pass if I use my last remaining major parks day on a weekend? Does anyone know for sure? My other 3 days were used on weekdays, but I was really hoping to go one last time before school lets out.

Thanks Brett. Sure enough, I read CF's sticky and he? she? echoed what you said about losing the ability to upgrade to a non-PAP if you've used any WP&M options.

Financially, it would be better for the 4 of us to buy annual water park passes and upgrade our Military Salute passes to Weekday Select, otherwise we will be "losing" the $125 value of each of our Military Salute tix. But we weren't planning on spending an extra $400+, either, so I guess we're going to forgo our WP&M option. :( That really stinks because we've never been to Disney's water parks, but it is what it is.

Now, my question is will they really not let me upgrade to the Weekday Select pass if I use my last remaining major parks day on a weekend? Does anyone know for sure? My other 3 days were used on weekdays, but I was really hoping to go one last time before school lets out.

From your profile it looks like you are not far from WDW. I would go to Guest relations at DTD, don't have to pay to park, and ask there.

DON'T call. CF, who is a he, has a post on the ticket sticky concerning who you talk to when you call.

Unless you know you are talking to someone in ticketing you will, because of the strangeness of the weekday/weekend, not know if you are getting the right answer.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=36726893&postcount=20

Thank you, Chartle. I think you're right. Maybe Cheshire Figment will stop by this thread and give me his answer. FWIW, I always thought CF was a he, but when I was talking to my IRL friend (another DIS-er), she kept referring to CF as a she, leaving me all sorts of confuzzled. :D

We're an hour away from WDW, so while not a hop, skip, and a jump away, not a big deal to drive to DTD and ask.

We're an hour away from WDW

Only being an hour from Disney you're certainly close enough to go for the day. If you think you may be going a lot with your new weekday passes you might want to consider getting a regular annual pass for one person in your family. It'll be an extra $213, however, unless you're staying on site you need to pay $14 per day for parking. A regular AP includes free parking. If you go for more than 15 days over the next year then you'll make up that $213 difference. We're about 40 minutes away and we go for well over 15 days a year.

If you don't think you'll be going that much, then it's probably not worth it.

I believe in general that Disney will allow you to upgrade to a day-restricted pass like the Weekday Select or Seasonal Pass even if you used days that would have otherwise been blacked out, so long as you are NOT UPGRADING on a blackout day. To have to track back and see if each individual used day was within the new ticket restrictions is possible but impractical for the few exceptions.

The Weekday Select ticket is relatively new though, so it could be different.

The WPFM options however are a separate entitlement from the park days at a certain level, and their use necessitates an upgrade that allows for them.

It's a tough decision as the Military Salute tickets are a REAL good value for what you get.

I had someone come to my window Thursday and wanted to upgrade a pass which had WPF&M and one of the fun options was used. I told the people that as they had used a water park entry the only annual product they could upgrade to was the Premium Annual Pass.

And as far as upgrading to the Florida Resident Seasonal or Weekday Select passes, if you had used your non-annual pass on a day that is not permitted for the pass you are upgrading to you cannot upgrade it on a blocked out day where you have entered a Park, but you can do the upgrade on a blocked out day if you have not yet entered a Park that day.

Thanks to Brett, Doc, and of course, CF! I appreciate all the info you have each shared with me! So it looks like I will be OK to use the military pass this weekend, and then upgrade it in September.

Brett, if we get the Weekday Select, we probably won't be going 15 individual times between now and April (when I first used my Military Salute pass), as I have older children who are in school. But we tend to go for a few consecutive weekdays a year and stay on property, so no worries about parking there. I'm sure with the Weekday Select we'll visit on days like Columbus Day when the kids are out of school on a weekday, but I don't think we'll do enough one day trips to warrant the cost difference. Great idea, though! We did something similar a couple of years ago with our Busch Gardens passes.

I always thought CF was a he, but when I was talking to my IRL friend (another DIS-er), she kept referring to CF as a she, leaving me all sorts of confuzzled. :D

Cheshire Figment is a "he," for sure.

Just wanted to update- I was in MK yesterday (Sunday) and the kind castmember at City Hall (or whatever they call it now) allowed me to upgrade my tickets to Weekday Select passes, even though I was in the parks on a Weekday Select "blackout" day! :woohoo: She said she technically wasn't supposed to, but she happily did it for me, anyhow.

Thought I'd update in case anyone else had a similar issue/question as I did. Thanks again for all of the advice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter