Amazon Lightning Deal
  • Save 15% On DoorDash Gift Cards
    • Limit 1 per denomination, $25 & $50
    • Direct link
    • Expires 2/04/24.
Credit Cards & More
  • Citi Dividend Q1 5% 2024: Amazon
  • Chase Q1 Bonus 2024: Various CC offers
    • IHG, Marriott, Southwest, United etc.: Earn 10X miles at Grocery, Gas & Amazon on up to $1,000

Ok, I'm finally back to update. I know it's been a long time but I finally have an ending to this long saga and I've spared you all of the ups and downs of the roller coaster while it was happening. :rolleyes: Plus we had in-laws over for the holidays, yadda yadda. I just got back from Disneyland on Tuesday and I had been hoping that the gift cards would have been resolved before the trip happened, but no, they just got fixed today!

So in hindsight, what I think happened is that the Costco digital gift card redemption website server was just slammed with requests and giving out erroneous (already used) card numbers to people. Because when I went to gather screenshots to put into my email for DGC customer service, I noticed that the Costco e-delivery website had generated totally new gift card numbers for me that worked! The problem had resolved itself! Hooray!

Or so I thought! I had replied letting the DGC people know that the problem had fixed itself and I no longer needed any assistance and they did not need to cancel or reissue any card numbers.

But, they are ever so helpful over there... and while they didn't bother to reply to my email to let me know that they did this, they had put a Security LOCK on some of my existing DGC anyway! Two of the GCs that I had combined into $1000 value (in anticipation of using to pay off my DVC Dues) were giving me error messages! Aaargh! It took a LOT of back and forth emails with DGC customer service. And a lot of dead air time on their end. And eventually they asked me to provide ALL of my gift card information. They wanted ALL of the digital trail proof that I owned and was entitled to all of the gift card money. And since they had locked those cards, I couldn't even load them into the website to see which cards I had previously combined into them via the history function.

It's a good thing I hadn't deleted any of those emails. But I know that it's also a security concern to NOT hold onto the emails and to delete them in case your email gets broken into. I don't know which situation is worse or more likely to happen. :confused: In any case, I spent a good 30+ minutes, copy pasting images proving the purchase order receipts, linking the order number to the receipt of the emails with the DGC links and then the actual DGC numbers and security codes etc for 10 gift cards.

Honestly, I don't know what I could have done differently in this case other than not go running to DGC customer service so early and just wait to see if the original gift cards that I thought had $0.00 was going to eventually sort itself out. But I wouldn't have known that without the lived experience so... I hope someone else gets to learn from my hardships here and saves themselves a lot of future problems. :o
As someone currently in the same boat as you were, its nice to see you (finally) got a resolution!

It seems DGC guest services might be learning a bit, having to process all these DGC issues from Costco: after I sent them an email with my issue and their requested follow-up info (DGC details, order number and PDF of the order confirmation) their final reply was that they forwarded the information to Costco customer service (took 10 days to get here).

I've also been emailing with Costco support while I waited for DGC guest services to reply so will be interesting to see if they see that or if I wind up with two Costco support cases 😬

Last update I have from my emails with Costco support was them asking me if I was the one who transferred the balance off the card they issued me to which I said.. "no! that's why I'm here!" 🤣

Anyone a frequent Delta flyer? I have a points question for you...

I noticed the points for my delta flight is lower now. I'm used to being able to "change" my flight on SW to get the lower price but when I try to do that on Delta, it grays out the original flight. Do I need to cancel and rebook instead? If I do that, are points back right away? Last time I called and they took care of it for me but wait time is 39 minutes right now.

My Target circle is still showing the bonus from the last go around (that I completed). I've never seen in hang around for this long. Usually it will just say I don't have any right now. Anyone else?

My Target circle is still showing the bonus from the last go around (that I completed). I've never seen in hang around for this long. Usually it will just say I don't have any right now. Anyone else?

No but I just got a push notification to check out my offer so I thought maybe I got one late since there was nothing there earlier. It opened to no offers so that was annoying. Did see that my last offer that I completed was October. Don't think I've even had one since then or if I did they were awful.

I
No but I just got a push notification to check out my offer so I thought maybe I got one late since there was nothing there earlier. It opened to no offers so that was annoying. Did see that my last offer that I completed was October. Don't think I've even had one since then or if I did they were awful.
Same thing happened to me. Then I checked my wallet on the app, and on the top where one can cycle through various offers there was a "$5 off when you spend $30." Expires Feb 14. Maybe that's what the push notification was about.

Anyone a frequent Delta flyer? I have a points question for you...

I noticed the points for my delta flight is lower now. I'm used to being able to "change" my flight on SW to get the lower price but when I try to do that on Delta, it grays out the original flight. Do I need to cancel and rebook instead? If I do that, are points back right away? Last time I called and they took care of it for me but wait time is 39 minutes right now.
It used to always be instant but sometimes I have to chat now. Don’t know it saves much time over calling but it’s done via text so more convenient for me. You can’t re-price the same flight you’re already on. You have 3 options when a DL Award price drops

1. If you have the points book it new, then cancel the old
2. Change it to another flight that costs the same or less points than your original booking then change back to your new booking getting your refund along the way*
3. Cancel it and rebook, calling/chatting if points don’t come back right away

(Reminds me I need to check my DL flights for price drops!)

*ETA: if you sit around on your laurels about canceling it DL, like all the other airlines, will cancel one for you so do cancel the original booking right away

Last edited:
It used to always be instant but sometimes I have to chat now. Don’t know it saves much time over calling but it’s done via text so more convenient for me. You can’t re-price the same flight you’re already on. You have 3 options when a DL Award price drops

2. Change it to another flight that costs the same or less points than your original booking then change back to your new booking getting your refund along the way

I was just going to chance it and cancel/rebook but it gives me a message that my reservation can't be canceled through the automated system and requires something manual from an agent. I was on the phone past 40 minutes and the time kept getting pushed back more. I hung up...had to choose between my time being worth more lol. If points remain that low, I'll try to call/chat tonight and see if wait time is a little less.

I

Same thing happened to me. Then I checked my wallet on the app, and on the top where one can cycle through various offers there was a "$5 off when you spend $30." Expires Feb 14. Maybe that's what the push notification was about.

Nothing there either. I don't think they like me any more. But that redcard 5% off thing worked when I paid with a gc yesterday. I don't even have a red card any more so I don't know why they give me those offers. I saved it but didn't expect it to work.

2. Change it to another flight that costs the same or less points than your original booking then change back to your new booking getting your refund along the way

I don't know Delta specifically, but I know on Southwest if you book a new flight on the same day as you already have a flight booked, it gets cancelled. So it might be better to cancel first and then rebook. Then again, if you immediately cancel after the booking the new one, it is possible the system won't pick it up as 2 bookings on the same day.

I have the Amex offer for spend $25 on Slice, get $5 back. On December 26, I spent $25.03 at my local pizza store and the $5 credit just posted on Friday (February 2). So what I wanted to say is that while most times Amex credits post within a few days, they don't always post right away but there is no reason for people to go crazy with worry and start calling Amex, they will usually eventually post.

I don't know Delta specifically, but I know on Southwest if you book a new flight on the same day as you already have a flight booked, it gets cancelled. So it might be better to cancel first and then rebook. Then again, if you immediately cancel after the booking the new one, it is possible the system won't pick it up as 2 bookings on the same day.
I know DL specifically and you are fine to book the flight and then cancel the old one. I assumed OP would do it right away but I guess I should have been more specific that if you sit around on your laurels about it DL, like all the other airlines, will cancel one for you. I will update.

I have the Amex offer for spend $25 on Slice, get $5 back. On December 26, I spent $25.03 at my local pizza store and the $5 credit just posted on Friday (February 2). So what I wanted to say is that while most times Amex credits post within a few days, they don't always post right away but there is no reason for people to go crazy with worry and start calling Amex, they will usually eventually post.
darn I don't have hat and just used Slice!

now I need a lowes offer!

Yeah weird, I got the email saying I had a Target Circle Bonus and then it was empty when I checked - seems like a glitch on Target's part.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter