Yeah, I hadn't really thought about the possibilities that last minute cards might not come through on time. Target has always been reliably in my email within an hour. But it would be just my luck... I was able to get 3 more Target cards online today and will try to grab a couple more tomorrow.

There was one time around 5 years ago that I had a Target gift card that took 5 days and numerous calls before it finally got sent. The 3rd party gift cards are not actually sent from Target but another company, so if there is an issue, they have to contact the 3rd party company and it can take time.

So 99% of the time it will come within a few hours, but there are times it can be delayed.

I guess if you have Sam's Club membership or BJ's membership you can buy the discounted Disney gift cards there and pay with Mastercard gift cards bought at Staples with a Chase ink card for 5% off. But that might be a lot of work to do in 1 or 2 days.

Yeah, I hadn't really thought about the possibilities that last minute cards might not come through on time. Target has always been reliably in my email within an hour. But it would be just my luck... I was able to get 3 more Target cards online today and will try to grab a couple more tomorrow.

If you have a Chase Ink or are interested in getting one, you can pay off your Target red card using the VGC purchased from staples (VGC only, not mastercard). You pay as debit at the customer service counter. Only one debit payment per day, so you have to keep going back which could be a hassle depending on how far your closest target is. But, each VGC you use to pay $200 on a red card is $10 more in points than you otherwise wouldn't have gotten...

Well I totally messed up my Chase target offer. It's a one time purchase and I have a mix of gift cards and actual merchandise. But apparently the bras I bought were a 'Target partner' and charged my credit card as Target Plus, separate from the other regular Target items and charged separately as a Target Plus charge. Lesson learned.

Well I totally messed up my Chase target offer. It's a one time purchase and I have a mix of gift cards and actual merchandise. But apparently the bras I bought were a 'Target partner' and charged my credit card as Target Plus, separate from the other regular Target items and charged separately as a Target Plus charge. Lesson learned.
Dont' feel alone. I made a Target purchase yesterday online for $600.78. Target divided those into two purchases one for $10.82 and the other for $589.96. What do you want to bet that the $10.82 will be the one that posts first?

Dont' feel alone. I made a Target purchase yesterday online for $600.78. Target divided those into two purchases one for $10.82 and the other for $589.96. What do you want to bet that the $10.82 will be the one that posts first?
Hopefully it works out just fine. They split up my order too (into three charges) and Chase gave me the full amount of the credit in three different increments.

Reminder, Meijer One Day Sale tomorrow!

Meijer
1706894584276.png

Credit Cards & More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • Meijer also accepts Apple Pay & Google Pay
  • Points/Rewards cannot be used to buy gift cards.
  • Not all Meijer stores are coded as grocery with some bank credit cards.
  • Meijer gift cards online / Meijer mPerks Coupons
  • Meijer Gas Station
  • R&R w/Promotions

Target
1706895318988.png
  • Buy $50 Choice Gift Cards & Get $5 Target gift card
    • Limit 1 per transaction.
    • Valid in-store and Online
  • Get 20% Off Xbox Ultimate Game Pass Gift Cards
Credit Cards and More
  • Redcard holders save 5% on Specialty Gift Cards excludes Target gift cards.
  • Target Chase Offers: Various
    • Earn 10% back, $11 cb max
    • Yes, works on Specialty gift cards
    • Expires 2/11/24. Post #22260 :thumbsup2 @alee1078
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery Stores
    • Expires 12/31/24.
  • Be sure to use a shopping portal - YMMV

Last edited:
Alrighty folks just a few more reminders,

There are a couple of cc offers expiring today...
Kroger In-Store Chase Offer: Earn 10% back, $9 cb max.
Expires 2/02/24.

Kroger Fuel Chase Offer: Get 5% back on fuel, $3.50 cb max.
Expires 2/02/24.

and these will be expiring tomorrow:

Fred Meyers Chase Offer - Post #22714
Ralphs Chase Offer:
This offer varies, read the terms!!!
Get 10% back in-store OR Get 15% Back online.
$13.50 max.
Offer valid one time.
Yes, works on gift cards in-store.
Note, online will not work on ANY gift card due to third party.
Payment must be made with merchant.
Expires 2/03/24. Post #22670

I'm done for the day. Happy Friday to you and yours!

Have any of you tried the American Airlines shopping portal? I'm new to and am giving it a try. Seems to work very similarly to other shopping portals, but you earn AA miles instead--which I've recently found can be very valuable for international travel.

One neat thing I've found is the "fixed miles" offers in which you get a set number of miles for making a specific purchase or subscription. For example, 7400 miles for signing up for T Mobile home internet or 3500 for signing up for Hello Fresh. I didn't use these buy I'm going to try to keep in mind to check this portal more often.
I usually use it around Christmas to get a few more miles and to extend the life of my miles. Not even sure if AA miles expire anymore as I usually fly JB but figure they might come in handy at some point.. Used it this past Christmas to buy something for my DD. I had not seen the "fixed miles" offer but will have to check them out. Thanks.

I usually use it around Christmas to get a few more miles and to extend the life of my miles. Not even sure if AA miles expire anymore as I usually fly JB but figure they might come in handy at some point.. Used it this past Christmas to buy something for my DD. I had not seen the "fixed miles" offer but will have to check them out. Thanks.
They do still expire with inactivity, so that's a good plan to keep them alive

Hopefully it works out just fine. They split up my order too (into three charges) and Chase gave me the full amount of the credit in three different increments.
I hate to be a Debbie Downer (nod to SNL) but I have NEVER had Chase credit me for anything but the first charge on an order that got divided. I have argued until steam is coming out of my ears but they would't budge. That said I'd be thrilled if they've loosened their policy. Best of luck.

Has anyone used officesupply.com? Amex has an offer for $20 off a $75 purchase. I need ink and am tempted to try. The reason I'm hesitant is that they've gotten some negative reviews on Better Business Bureau, mostly regarding poor customer service if you have any problems. I'm thinking Amex would have my back since they offered the deal. What say you bargain hunters?

I hate to be a Debbie Downer (nod to SNL) but I have NEVER had Chase credit me for anything but the first charge on an order that got divided. I have argued until steam is coming out of my ears but they would't budge. That said I'd be thrilled if they've loosened their policy. Best of luck.
I don't have the offer details but the recent Chase Target 10% up to $12 offer, I ordered a $100 and $25 DGC not thinking on two cards and the $25 charge posted first on both cards followed by the $100. I got two credits $2.50 and $9.50. I thought the offer was for a single charge but I didn't take screen captures so was excited to see it worked out in the end!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter