• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

reading about others' experiences with Walmart canceling the e-cards

According to the Walmart CS rep I talked to, the system auto cancels eGCs when you add a new credit card to the account and try to use it immediately, which is what I think many of us are doing when taking advantage of a credit card statement credit offer. She unblocked my account and said to wait 5 hours before trying again. It worked for me the next morning. Maybe next time, I will need to make it a 2-step process--first add the new credit card, let it "age" overnight, then place the purchase.

Hi everyone! Circling back to the Walmart chase offer… did anyone figure out whether or not it includes Disney gift cards?

My Chase offer was 15% off up to $100 on Walmart. Com — had to be an online purchase.

Thanks to anyone who can respond. There’s only two more days left for me to use this offer and I would prefer to use it on a Disney gift card….
Yes, I got my 10% Chase offer to work on a physical Disney GC ordered and shipped to my house with 2 other merchandise items. My total purchase price was $99.90 and I got $9.99 back on my Chase offer so the gc was included in the cash back!

I looked, but didn't see an answer. I have a 15% off up to $13.50 on an online purchase for Fred Meyer on one of my chase cards. When I went on Fred Meyer's site, they have Disney gifts cards for pick-up, but it says you add the balance after you pick them up. If I buy one, will it count for the Chase offer? Is it a 3rd party purchase? How does that work? I have never bought a card that you add the balance to after purchasing.

The Chase offer specifically says Fred Meyer? Can you post it please.

Added Offers ~ 1/30/24 / Discount District
Giant Eagle In-Store & Online

1706628037806.png
  • Earn 2x Member / 3x Pro for every $50 spent on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Chipotle, Olive Garden, Panera and Red Lobster
    • Online - Blackhawk Network
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 2/01/24 - 2/14/24.

I looked, but didn't see an answer. I have a 15% off up to $13.50 on an online purchase for Fred Meyer on one of my chase cards. When I went on Fred Meyer's site, they have Disney gifts cards for pick-up, but it says you add the balance after you pick them up. If I buy one, will it count for the Chase offer? Is it a 3rd party purchase? How does that work? I have never bought a card that you add the balance to after purchasing.

I wouldn't do it because it may not come up as a Fred's purchase. I can't remember what website you use to add the funds, but i don't recall it working in anyway that I wanted it to.

The Chase offer specifically says Fred Meyer? Can you post it please.

Fred's is a part of kroger, so it's going to be the same online offer some bad for kroger but for freds.

Fred's is a part of kroger, so it's going to be the same online offer some bad for kroger but for freds.

Yes, I know Fred Meyers is part of Kroger.
I thought you posted you had a Kroger chase offer and it didn't work because the offer specifically stated Kroger and not Harris Teeter where you used the offer. ?

Maybe that was someone else, but I remember it didn't track.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

View attachment 829986
  • Earn 4x Fuel on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Use the links above
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, and variable load Visa & Mastercard gift cards.
    • Offer valid 1/31/24 - 2/20/24.
Thanks Fox -- I needed this!! Ask and I shall receive :tinker: is how I interpert this post!!

Thank you! Just tried the same for the $15 discount. Also just tried a similar offer for Target. $12 max savings on that one though
I just looked at the e-mail a bit closer and it's off by almost $70. So it looks like I'm going to have to save my receipt and contact them anyway when 45 days are up.

*I did not purchase any gift cards or anything that should be excluded from RMN. If I had, I would not contact them. But this was a straight grocery purchase and there was nothing that wouldn't have been eligible for cash back with RMN.

I just looked at the e-mail a bit closer and it's off by almost $70. So it looks like I'm going to have to save my receipt and contact them anyway when 45 days are up.

*I did not purchase any gift cards or anything that should be excluded from RMN. If I had, I would not contact them. But this was a straight grocery purchase and there was nothing that wouldn't have been eligible for cash back with RMN.

Good on you. However, if you have made gift card purchases and those are pending, I would think carefully before engaging.

According to the Walmart CS rep I talked to, the system auto cancels eGCs when you add a new credit card to the account and try to use it immediately

Yeah, this CS rep is kind of like a Disney bus driver. I did exactly those steps last night and it went through without any problems. I had the gift card within 10 minutes of the order. Obviously YMMV, but waiting isn't always necessary.

Yes, I know Fred Meyers is part of Kroger.
I thought you posted you had a Kroger chase offer and it didn't work because the offer specifically stated Kroger. ?

Maybe that was someone else, but I remember it didn't track.

Yes but most people don't know what it is unless you live in PNW where they so when the poster talked about an online order for pick up I figured they live here.

I still don't think it'll work because I don't think it's a Fred's website you load the pu gc. Plus the online order would be the grocery order, not the separate gc order I would think. It's not popped up ask a work around on reddit for any kroger version that's had this offer and I'm sure it would have by now if it worked.

Yes but most people don't know what it is unless you live in PNW where they so when the poster talked about an online order for pick up I figured they live here.
I've only posted the following since the thread opened in 2020:

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger, Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

The above is always included with gift card offers. How in the world someone could miss this is beyond me.

@cocofan , thanks for posting. It does specify the Chase offer is for Fred Meyer. Two things to note when reading the terms:

Get 10% back in-store OR Get 15% back online.
$13.50 cb max.
Offer valid one time.
Note, online will not work on ANY gift card due to third party.
Payment must be made with merchant.

So yes, this will track when buying gift cards in-store at Fred Meyer.
Just like the Ralph Chase Offer posted: HERE

Plus @cocofan, I'm not sure which Chase credit card your offer is on but if you have any of the chase bonuses listed below, it will stack.
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Amazon Prime Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Chase Bonus: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores

Last edited:
Now I will add, recent reports are stating Chase offers for what ever unknown reason are not crediting properly, however if you contact them you should be good to go.
  • Screenshot your offer
  • Save your receipt
  • And keep track of your credits.
If you keep a spreadsheet of your gc purchases, you should also be doing the same with your credit cards to help track your credits.
If you're not, you could be missing out. Yes, I know PITA, but it's necessary.

Food City
1706637693260.png
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards for $40
    • Includes: Buffalo Wild Wings, Domino’s, Fanatics, Panera, Sonic and PlayStation
    • Limit 2 promotions, per customer, per day and must be in a single transaction.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 1/31/23 – 2/06/24.

I’m curious if anyone can tell me how often Sam’s runs a deal on Disney GCs? And do they limit the number you can get? I’m bummed that the Costco deal is gone and wondering if it’s worth getting a cheap Sam’s membership just for GC savings.

I will otherwise go back to using the Fuel points deal at Kroger for my cards, but you can’t beat free money 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter