This makes me so sad and furious. I'm glad you and your dogs are going to be okay.

So sorry this happened but glad your pup will be fine.
Yeah, I feel like we dodged a bullet--can't imagine if it had only been me or DH walking the dogs that morning. Without the other to help, it might have all ended worse.
My only worry now is any possible trauma.

Glad everyone is ok, so scary and I can't even imagine.

Also, leash your dog when you walk them. Over the summer when I was walking Tux, and this is in an inbuilt development behind our house so sidewalks and street but no houses for most of it. There are houses after the development though. We rarely encounter other people let alone dogs on our quick walk but one day a guy was out with his dog not on a leash. I was watching Tux and not them and next thing I knew the dog was next to us and Tux wanted up. I pick him up and the guy yells to me his dog is friendly, which he seemed to be but I have a mini doxie who isn't fully comfortable with tall dogs. He can't reach to sniff them so he's got no idea it's another dog sniffing him and he just wants up.

I don't care how you think your dog is, you don't know how my dog will react. Thankfully Tux isn't reactive but that could have been bad. I shouldn't have expected his dog to stay with him but if you are going to walk them without a leash I expect them to be trained well enough to not leave your side.

And I realize all of this is most likely known and done by the people here but it bugs me.
Totally agree with you! I think all dogs should be leashed when walked, period. It's for everyone's safety.

::yes:: Yes, yes it was! I printed out the online order and verified the cc used from my spreadsheet. So glad I didn't use reward points!
They told me those will be deducted from my account.
That's good to hear. In store Petsmart was great to deal with when I had to return all that stuff. According to their return policy, since I used paypal, I technically could only get store credit (which baffled me and I even called which the agent said that was my only option) but when I showed up to the store, the team member just returned and put it on my CC.

Placed an order for the discounted DGC through Costco when they briefly reappeared in stock yesterday. Received my order confirmation pretty immediately but haven't received the gift cards via email yet (more than 12 hours later at this point). All previous orders fulfilled successfully pretty quickly, so unless this has happened to others, I'm going to guess I'm not going to get them.
Same thing happened to me. Placed my order at 5 pm last night. Still have not received anything. Last time I purchased gift cards came within 15 minutes.

Wondering if at some point I should cancel my order and try again?

I think it does say that it can take up to 48 hours for the gift cards to "ship". If you don't get an email with them by then, you can got to Costco's help page and there is a link there for digital order portal. You can put in your order number and email and pull them up this way. Here is the link: https://www.memberedelivery.com/

Ugh, this is getting worse. I got my email from Costco for my gift cards. I only ordered two. There are four gift cards showing when I go to access my gift cards. Two look fine and two say they have been canceled.

So I try to add the two gift cards with the "access eGift" link. I enter the numbers on the Disney gift card website. Everytime it gives me an error message....

I just bought a gift card at Office Depot so I add that one no problem.

Anyone else get an error message from their Costco Disney gift cards? Do i just need to call Disney gift card services?
1000009497.jpg1000009496.jpg

I want to thank everyone for all the tips and CC bonuses and pointing out Costco deals. I normally just buy my GCs with Target 5% off but I was determined to try and save some more money. We’re going on our first (and only) VIP tour during our trip next month for my 40th birthday. The cost of a day of this was exorbitant, but I’ve always dreamed of doing one. Not only is it something special I’ve never done before, but I’m a huge pin collector and you get special pins as well.
I kept a detailed spreadsheet of all my GC purchases for this one and how much I actually paid vs how much I collected. I managed to save a whopping 11% (680ish dollars!) on the GCs I needed to pay for the tour.
I also did a ton of offers and games on Swagbucks to earn 800 dollars in the past few months (which I deposited to PayPal to turn around and use to buy the discounted gift cards).
Thank you again for helping me figure out a way to save more money because my family and friends were shocked at the VIP tour cost, but when I showed them I earned 800 dollars and saved 680 more they felt a lot better! :)

Ugh, this is getting worse. I got my email from Costco for my gift cards. I only ordered two. There are four gift cards showing when I go to access my gift cards. Two look fine and two say they have been canceled.

So I try to add the two gift cards with the "access eGift" link. I enter the numbers on the Disney gift card website. Everytime it gives me an error message....

Anyone else get an error message from their Costco Disney gift cards? Do i just need to call Disney gift card services?
View attachment 828100View attachment 828101
I had a similar problem using a GC once to pay off my hotel package at the end of the year. When I called Disney they applied it for me. Are you just trying to combine now or are willing to pay for something?

The same is happening to me!!! ..and it’s showing as shipped now, so I’m sure that means they have charged me 😠 How to fix??

I had a similar problem using a GC once to pay off my hotel package at the end of the year. When I called Disney they applied it for me. Are you just trying to combine now or are willing to pay for something?
I'm just trying to combine for spending money on my next trip.

I want to thank everyone for all the tips and CC bonuses and pointing out Costco deals.

Thank you again for helping me figure out a way to save more money because my family and friends were shocked at the VIP tour cost, but when I showed them I earned 800 dollars and saved 680 more they felt a lot better! :)

That is amazing! You did so good! Enjoy your birthday trip!

I want to say Thank You to the folks that provided reports about the Costco offer coming back even for those who had previously "maxed out".

I placed my order last night and want to give an update.

Went to bed and woke up....still nothing.

About 3pm (about 18 hours after the order) I got ONE email....it was the one with the number

Costco.com - Your E-Delivery Order #10904XXXXX

I went to add them/check balance and the GC website kept saying "error".

I called the GC number.....they verified my 500 bucks of cards were good.....and then I called WDW and used them to pay off my February trip.

Since November I think I have scored about 2000 or 2500 worth of cards.......I am very happy.

Thanks to you guys for letting us know it was "live" again.

EDIT- a bit later- I got the "we have shipped" email about an hour after the e delivery email......a bit out of order!

Last edited:
I want to say Thank You to the folks that provided reports about the Costco offer coming back even for those who had previously "maxed out".

I placed my order last night and want to give an update.

Went to bed and woke up....still nothing.

About 3pm (about 18 hours after the order) I got ONE email....it was the one with the number

Costco.com - Your E-Delivery Order #10904XXXXX

I went to add them/check balance and the GC website kept saying "error".

I called the GC number.....they verified my 500 bucks of cards were good.....and then I called WDW and used them to pay off my February trip.

Since November I think I have scored about 2000 or 2500 worth of cards.......I am very happy.

Thanks to you guys for letting us know it was "live" again.
I had my TA try, one worked, one did not 😣

I would give it at least 24 hours to settle out before calling anyone or trying to input them again

A couple DPs on DGC orders with Walmart. I had multiple Chase cards with 15% off at Walmart.com.
Placed an order for e-gift card 1/20, canceled. (Used my mom's Walmart account.) Second attempt 1/21 also canceled.
Placed an order for a physical GC 1/20, shipped 1/22, arrived today. Charge still pending, no Chase credit yet. 🤞🏼

I am having the same issue…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter