When do you take down the Christmas tree & put away the decorations?
The 12 days of Christmas START on Dec. 25, so we typically don't even think about it until the second weekend of January. But sometimes life has a way of getting super busy, and sometimes it doesn't happen then. I do have a rule that the tree HAS to be down by the end of January.

Outdoor decorations are typically frozen into the ground so they stay up into February...and sometimes March.

Chase offers- Walmart 15% cash back up to $100. Would this include DGC?

My other chase card only offering 5% cash back ;(
I noticed that this round of the Chase/walmart offers has language excluding gift cards, whereas I don’t think the last round did. I’m not sure how they would know, as I don’t think they get that level of information from the retailer, unlike some Amex retailers.

I’m going to give it a try anyhow. The worst that will happen is I have a Walmart gift card to spend. I do
plan on buying an odd amount or adding something small to my order so it’s not so obviously a gift card.

I noticed that this round of the Chase/walmart offers has language excluding gift cards, whereas I don’t think the last round did. I’m not sure how they would know, as I don’t think they get that level of information from the retailer, unlike some Amex retailers.

I’m going to give it a try anyhow. The worst that will happen is I have a Walmart gift card to spend. I do
plan on buying an odd amount or adding something small to my order so it’s not so obviously a gift card.
That is pretty standard language but I have not had a chase offer that hasn't worked when I used it for gift cards at places including Old Navy, Office Depot, Best Buy and Walmart.

For the Walmart Chase offer - do you think it has to be a physical gift card or do you think a Walmart egift card would work?

When do you take down the Christmas tree & put away the decorations?
Decorations are up Thanksgiving weekend. We cut our own tree, usually Thanksgiving weekend or the weekend after. By the time xmas comes, I am over watering the damn thing. Everything comes down the weekend after Christmas, if the tree is exceptionally dry, it comes down a couple of days after. I used to wait until New Years day, but I have gotten grumpier and more impatient the older I have gotten.

Thanks for the info! I'll be watching to see if you got the 15% cash back to go through. I was planning on ordering a Disney GC with the 15% cash back but I just noticed the language excluding gift cards.

For the Walmart Chase offer - do you think it has to be a physical gift card or do you think a Walmart egift card would work?
Every digital gift card I’ve order in recent months gets cancelled as potential suspicious activity and a password reset required. I finally gave up on them.

Added Offers ~ 1/08/24 Discount District

Best Buy
1704730873670.png

• $50 Chipotle Gift Card for $42.50
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Citi Merchant Offer: 3% back after spending $3 or more up to two times
    • Expires 1/31/24.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • BB also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant
GIANT
1704732479867.png
  • Earn 2x Points on Vanilla Visa Gift Cards
    • $2,000 limit per household.
    • GIANT Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 1/12/24 – 1/18/24.
Credit Cards & More
  • GIANT Amex Offer: Get 20% back, up to $15
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q1 2024: Grocery Stores
  • Chase Bonuses: On various CC
    • Earn 5x-10x Points on Grocery
    • Expires 3/31/24. Post #22052
  • Citi Shop Your Way: Earn up to 10% Grocery
  • GIANT We accept Apple Pay, Venmo, PayPal, Google Pay and Samsung Pay along with credit and debit cards in all stores.
  • GIANT Photos of Gift Card Racks 12/27/23 Post #21917 @bbsearchlight
Note these offers will be available on 1/15/24.
  • Amazon Prime Visa: Get 5% cb on Grocery
  • Disney Visa: Get 5% cb on Grocery

Meijer - Keep track of your points!
View attachment 823251
A Grand Haven (Michigan) man was arrested after allegedly stealing Meijer “mPerks” account information and selling them online

Attorney General Dana Nessel held a press conference on Jan. 4, announcing Nicholas Mui, 22, was charged with the following:
  • One count of criminal enterprise – a 20-year felony
  • One count of use of a computer to commit a crime – a 20-year felony
  • Seven counts of identity theft – 5-year felonies each
The identity theft investigation began in April and May 2023 after Meijer customers noticed points were vanishing from their mPerks accounts.

According to Nessel, the crime was committed against hundreds of accounts spanning across the following counties:
  • Bay
  • Emmett
  • Ingham
  • Kent
  • Livingston
  • Marquette
  • St. Joseph
Mui was arraigned on Dec. 27 in the 59th District Court in Kent County. He was given a $25,000 cash/surety bond. He will appear in court on Jan. 9 for a probable cause conference.

Nessel said the victims’ points were reimbursed.

“The originating breach target in this case was not believed to be Meijer,” said Nessel.

Nessel believes Meijer was not hacked or infiltrated to obtain the account credentials, but it was a case of “credential stuffing,” meaning account credentials were obtained in large-scale data breaches are batched and sold. Regardless of the source of the data, the originating breach target, the credentials are then processed through software searching for successful access attempts across other login databases. For Meijer customers who used the same username and password on the original breached account and their mPerks account, access was granted and many of these credentials were sold or offered for sale.

Nessel added Mui was able to obtain customer information from a separate data breach. Nessel said some of the victims were part of a previous data breach of the app MyFitnessPal, which was hacked several years ago affecting millions of users.

“Consumers should heed this warning and exercise smart password discipline,” said Nessel. Direct link
This happened to me last October, as I had bought Disney GC's and planned on using my points for $1's off gallons of gas. I ended up having to close my account down completely because even once Meijer had me reset everything and gave me my $ back, they got in again and took it all. Glad they found the guy doing it.

Publix - Non Gift Card Offer & Not listed.
I'm still waiting on the new weekly ad to be published and will update if there are any gc deals.

Publix Member Perk

1704735021642.png

• $5.00 Off Your Purchase of $30.00 or more
    • One offer per person.
    • Coupon may be redeemed only once.
    • Excludes: all alcohol, tobacco, lottery items, money services, postage stamps, gift cards, and prescriptions. Minimum purchase amount must be met in a single in-store transaction before taxes.
    • Expires 01/14/24.

Ugh our Costco membership expires and DH mailed the renewal. Now I am stalking the website for it to process and hopefully get another gift card order in before we leave next week

Next week, you should be good. Still, you could buy while there.

This happened to me last October, as I had bought Disney GC's and planned on using my points for $1's off gallons of gas. I ended up having to close my account down completely because even once Meijer had me reset everything and gave me my $ back, they got in again and took it all. Glad they found the guy doing it.

That's terrible, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Did you change your info (login & passwords) to your frequented sites as well?

To all,
New year, new login & passwords.
It doesn't take much to create a new gmail acct. and passwords.

What card? What is the offer and when does it expire?
Thanks.

Yes, the language has changed and now excludes gift cards. Unfortunately we'll be seeing that more frequently.

@sumlthomp
Buying Walmart eGift cards might not work.

To help our community, please post your DP's.

Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY
Post #2 Discount District

Walmart
Credit Cards & More

Last edited:
Thanks.

Yes, the language has changed and now excludes gift cards. Unfortunately we'll be seeing that more frequently.

@sumlthomp

I recommend going in-store to buy gift cards to prevent cancellations which Walmart does as part of their fraud protection.

Walmart
Credit Cards & More

I have this Chase Offer. It is only for Walmart.com you can’t go in store to use it.

Attachments

• IMG_1821.png
    IMG_1821.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 14
Thanks.

@sumlthomp

I recommend going in-store to buy gift cards to prevent cancellations which Walmart does as part of their fraud protection.

Walmart
Credit Cards & More

I had walmart.com on several cards they all expire on 1/31/24

5% up to $5 back -Sapphire Reserve
5% up to $5 back - United
10% up to $10 back - Chase Freedom (Original Visa not Flex MC)
15% up to $15 back - Chase Freedom (Original Visa not Flex MC)

The nice thing about these as they have the "until" wording which means someone could try it out with a small gift card and see if it gets credited or not and if so then max it out.

Like others though my walmart.com usually gets flagged and cancelled have not tried the "Mobile App"

1704739937457.png

Thank you for posting but in the future please post the actual offer. There's a big difference between a standard offer vs Online offer.

I had walmart.com on several cards they all expire on 1/31/24

5% up to $5 back -Sapphire Reserve
5% up to $5 back - United
15% up to $15 back - Chase Freedom (Original Visa not Flex MC)

The nice thing about these as they have the "until" wording which means someone could try it out with a small gift card and see if it gets credited or not and if so then max it out.

Like others though my walmart.com usually gets flagged and cancelled have not tried the "Mobile App"

Thank you as this was my next Q.
I noticed on Doctor of Credit there are several offers on various credit cards but wasn't sure they were for online only. This was such a big help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter