• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The lack of signage for the aisles drives me nuts!! They don't take mastercard either.

It's because they move product around all time. Some stays in the general area it was but it's normal for snack stuff and other things to be moved. Just as it's normal for something you've bought there 9 times in a row to not be there the 10th time because it's out but there's no spot so you think it won't be back but it will.

Some stuff is seasonal too. I used to buy Swiss miss hot chocolate packets there but they only stock them in the colder months so you can't find them in the summer.

Random question, but has anyone seen the Ember and Wade plushes in Disney World recently? We are going in January and my daughter would like to get them and I was thinking that maybe we might find them there. Thanks.

Side note, became a Costco member today mainly and visited today. I don't know if i just went to an outdated or unorganized Costco but I am not impressed compared to Sam's. First thing that stood out was the aisle just had big red numbers above them instead of signs that says what is down the aisle. It also felt like everything was kind of all over the place and not much organization. Didn't find many snack or chip options compared to Sam's or I just completely missed it. There is no scan and go on the app, the app also doesn't really tell you where anything is. The people at the front are marking the receipts instead of scanning at Sam's and they don't take American Express

As someone who has been a member at both warehouse clubs for a long time- I agree with you 100%. In 2023, Sam’s has a better shopping experience by a mile. Scan&Go and curbside was a game changer. Costco hasn’t changed or innovated much in the 15 years I’ve been a member.

I will give Costco a slight edge on the overall selection and quality of store-brand products (Kirkland), but Sam’s isn’t far behind. I’ve also had good really experiences with customer service at Costco.

IMO - Costco started going downhill when they got rid of their AmEx card. That card had a lot of extra perks that no longer exist on the citi card. The membership checks at self-checkout have also gotten obnoxious (to the point that I’d rather just use the regular checkout).

The Scan & Go at Sam's is definitely a game changer and the store itself can be easier to navigate - but we've found the "perks"associated with our Costco membership (mainly travel and insurance) 100x better than Sam's. Also - Costco Gas is "top tier" which supposedly is better for your car. We keep our membership to Costco for the travel alone (that and we are closer to a Costco than a Sam's).
I agree with the Costco perks! I've also had Costco, BJs, and Sams, but Costco is the only one I continually renew annually. Membership may cost a little more and the overall brand selection may be a little smaller, but it stands behind its products. I've never met a company easier to deal with returns or price adjustments.

I agree with the Costco perks! I've also had Costco, BJs, and Sams, but Costco is the only one I continually renew annually. Membership may cost a little more and the overall brand selection may be a little smaller, but it stands behind its products. I've never met a company easier to deal with returns or price adjustments.

Count me as another Costco fan. It is like a little adventure every time I go to Costco to see what new bargains or new items I will find. They have also upped their game with a ton of organic stuff. I really like their wide selection of foods from other countries and some of their holiday treats are just crazy good bargains. I loaded up on the $10 Akai Boshi wafer cookies last year and the $10 Godiva chocolates this year as gifts.

Their business model is clear and has not changed over the years--to keep prices as low as possible and to keep quality high. They make most of their money from membership fees and membership has been growing steadily and even blew past analyst expectations in their last earnings announcement. The stock hit an all-time high last week. Their exclusive contract with AMEX in the past and with VISA currently means more money returned to shareholders. It is not convenient, but for the savings and the 2% rebate, members will happily live with it. Their employees are also satisfied with their pay so it's win-win-win all the way round for stakeholders.

Last edited:

Visiting family that has a Costco membership today, do most of the stores have the DGC in store as well as online? Also, is there a limit for DGC in store and how many guests could the member bring in? TIA

Side note, became a Costco member today mainly and visited today. I don't know if i just went to an outdated or unorganized Costco but I am not impressed compared to Sam's. First thing that stood out was the aisle just had big red numbers above them instead of signs that says what is down the aisle. It also felt like everything was kind of all over the place and not much organization. Didn't find many snack or chip options compared to Sam's or I just completely missed it. There is no scan and go on the app, the app also doesn't really tell you where anything is. The people at the front are marking the receipts instead of scanning at Sam's and they don't take American Express
That’s Costco, it’s definitely an acquired taste.

Wednesday purchase was rejected. 'Twas a good run though...
I'm hoping it's a wait a few days and get more thing. I signed up for Costco just for this deal and only getting 500 doesn't justify the membership fee. Target 5% off would be better. If I can get another set of 2 at least that'll pay for the Costco membership.

I'm hoping it's a wait a few days and get more thing. I signed up for Costco just for this deal and only getting 500 doesn't justify the membership fee. Target 5% off would be better. If I can get another set of 2 at least that'll pay for the Costco membership.
If you put a second family member on the account, you SHOULD be able to order another set of two. I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't been able to order four cards/$1000 worth.

In any event, I'm going to continue to monitor the thread...and I probably will try again Friday or Saturday.

If you put a second family member on the account, you SHOULD be able to order another set of two. I haven't heard of anyone who hasn't been able to order four cards/$1000 worth.

In any event, I'm going to continue to monitor the thread...and I probably will try again Friday or Saturday.
I added my husband and his first order was canceled immediately.

For whatever reason, I have Costco, BJs and Sam's Club. It is some combination of guest memberships from people in my extended family sharing with me and me sharing our membership with them.

Anyway - not labeling the aisles at Costco is on purpose. Costco does this to make you walk all of the aisles and then make unplanned purchases. Some people find that part of the charm of Costco because you'll find treasures you weren't planning on :)

Scan & Go is amazing at Sam's Club - Costco actually tried something similar where you grab a scan gun from the front of the store, scan all of your items and then scan the gun at the self-checkout kiosk and all of the items you've scanned would be pulled up. They were testing it at the closest store to my house, but I was told it failed because too many people were forgetting to scan items resulting in a lot of lost inventory. I guess the receipt checkers were not trained well enough to look out for that issue like they do at Sam's Club.

Costco does have snacks but they're often spread out all over the place because they don't seem to consistently keep the same snacks in stock.

However, Costco often has some of the best prices, especially for sale items and some of the best customer service if you need to return an item because there was a defect, Costco will often take back items well after most retailer's return periods are over. Yes it isn't as good as it used to be due to people abusing the policy but overall they still have some of the best customer service around.

NOT Listed

Staples. com

Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x, or with an Amex Business Gold to take advantage of the $20 monthly credit for office supply stores.

. I guess the receipt checkers were not trained well enough to look out for that issue like they do at Sam's Club.

Costco checks receipts to make sure you aren't overcharged for something. They aren't matching the receipt item by item, esp with a huge cart full.

I don't mind their receipt check, they've always done it and say it's for the customers benefit not the store. Where my local grocery store has started checking receipts and when they first started it felt like an interrogation the way they compared the receipt and the bagged groceries. Now after 3 to 4 months it's just a highlight of the transaction date. I don't see how either helps them with theft, it's an annoyance and gives the impression they think all of their customers steal. Now if they had rolled it out better and been more like Costco it wouldn't be such an issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter