Disney Dining Plan Will Return to Walt Disney World in 2024
By Jackie Gailey - May 8, 2023 | Walt Disney World News

The Disney Dining Plan is finally returning to Walt Disney World beginning in January 2024 after being discontinued back in 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The Dining Plan will be able to be added to Walt Disney World vacation packages with arrivals beginning on January 9, 2024. A Disney vacation package includes a hotel room at a participating Walt Disney World Resort hotel and theme park tickets.

2024 Walt Disney World vacation packages can be booked beginning on May 31, 2023.

Thanks Jackie!
Also, starting January 9, you will no longer need to make a reservation to get in to DisneyWorld. This was a huge pain to us since we have multiple tickets in our account and one year they applied the reservation to the wrong ticket.

Also, starting January 9, you will no longer need to make a reservation to get in to DisneyWorld. This was a huge pain to us since we have multiple tickets in our account and one year they applied the reservation to the wrong ticket.

Wow, so that CM I spoke to was correct kind of, she told me this was going to happen during my fall 2023 vacation. Close enough!
Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

I was able to grab two more as well.

Looks like the $50 egc limit has reset as well. I've been locked out of those for a couple of weeks and was able to put in my cart again. Still can't buy any more of the 3x$25 even though that was my oldest GC order on Sam's.
I just got two more also. Paying ahead on my dues!

I got a rock.
Lol.....I was going to say the same thing!
Did any of you get the Sam's Club doorbuster Disney GCs the other day but still haven't received the code? I keep checking but nothing.
I started to worry because mine took over 24 hours but it does say may take up to 48 hours. I chatted with a Sam's rep twice. In the past I have always received the egift cards right away.

I personally can’t buy more of the $185 DGCs from Sam’s but it makes sense since I bought mine just yesterday. Guess it will maybe refresh in a set # of days…

Date-based tickets won't need a reservation.

I just tried and can't buy more of the $200 DGCs from Sam's. I bought my 2 during the accidental early release.

Edit: Just tried a different way and was able to order. I went back to the $200 DGC page from my previous order and then I just hit "add to cart" without specifying a number for items to be added. The DGC added and then at the cart page, I just modified it to two and was able to get the order through.

Yes, face value. Whatever it takes to get to $120 is what's needed to count toward your step. I didn't think it was necessary to include: Add $100 DGC, then add $25 DGC. They may not want a $25 DGC, they might want food or merchandise. :confused3
Thanks - sorry yeah my mind was only on buying DGCs since I'm still in Florida 🤣

I just tried and can't buy more of the $200 DGCs from Sam's. I bought my 2 during the accidental early release.

Edit: Just tried a different way and was able to order. I went back to the $200 DGC page from my previous order and then I just hit "add to cart" without specifying a number for items to be added. The DGC added and then at the cart page, I just modified it to two and was able to get the order through.
That also worked for me :)

My target (4 times $140 get $40 back) only allowed me to buy 3 times today. They cancelled my 4th try. Maybe they think it’s a suspicious purchase????

Still need one more $140 purchase to get my $40!

OMG you're a genius! Thank you for sharing your work around!! :love1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter