• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Doesn't indicate there are limitations but just put over $200 in my cart of DGC and it doesn't seem to apply the $20....so my testing indicates it doesn't work for giftcards. I'd be interested if someone else gets it to work.
That's very annoying. The push notification ad I received said ANYTHING or EVERYTHING or something along those lines, in all caps.

José Andres Restaurant Group (Jaleo at Disney Springs) is having a 40% bonus promo today only. I’m forbidden to link, so look for it online. Jaleo might be the best restaurant in the World, and this is an incredible deal.

That's very annoying. The push notification ad I received said ANYTHING or EVERYTHING or something along those lines, in all caps.
I couldn't find any fine print or asterisks either so it looked like it would work. I took it all the way to entering my payment info but the price never showed $20 off. Odd.

I'm bummed it's for new/returning subscibers only. I was looking forward to getting another deal with Hulu. It looks like I'll have to set a reminder to cancel it for a month next year. We don't watch it often enough to miss it for a month.
Make sure you cancel it enough in advance. If you cancel it at the beginning of your billing cycle, you're still a member until the day before you are billed for the next month.

I'm bummed it's for new/returning subscibers only. I was looking forward to getting another deal with Hulu. It looks like I'll have to set a reminder to cancel it for a month next year. We don't watch it often enough to miss it for a month.
Just use a different email address and credit card to sign up. I had no issues doing this on Friday (had Hulu from the last Black Friday deal and had Disney+ for the D23 3 year special that just ended). Can’t beat $4.98 for both!!

Sam's made the right move in reducing the value of their Disney Gift Card Special.... several days later and they still have them. Unlike last year when they sold out in minutes.

Been nice if on Cyber Monday they reset the counter on those....

Just activated the Disney+/Hulu (with ads) deal…. Would prefer Hulu with no ads, but you can’t beat the price…
I was also looking into this and read the new plan information. It's my understanding that this will bill each month and starting in a few weeks, Disney+ will have ads with this plan and no downloading capabilities.

Our plan doesn't expire until April, so I don't know if it is worth it to cancel and rebuy with this deal...and then also figure out how to pay the difference. We don't use Hulu so I would only be doing this deal to get a discount on Disney+.

José Andres Restaurant Group (Jaleo at Disney Springs) is having a 40% bonus promo today only. I’m forbidden to link, so look for it online. Jaleo might be the best restaurant in the World, and this is an incredible deal.

Anyone can post an offer.
  • Example:
    • Timbucktwo: Buy $150 Gift Cards, Get $40 Bonus Free
    • Link
    • Date of expiration
What no one is allowed to post are referral links or solicitations.
Suggesting peeps contact via PM for these is also not allowed

Credit cards & CB websites often have referral links, again not allowed.

I hope this clears things up.

I was also looking into this and read the new plan information. It's my understanding that this will bill each month and starting in a few weeks, Disney+ will have ads with this plan and no downloading capabilities.

Our plan doesn't expire until April, so I don't know if it is worth it to cancel and rebuy with this deal...and then also figure out how to pay the difference. We don't use Hulu so I would only be doing this deal to get a discount on Disney+.
I think Disney+ with no ads is good for the year. I just looked at my billing on Hulu and for the next 11 months it is $4.98/mo. broken down as follows:

Hulu
$1.99
Original Price
$7.99
Discount
-$6.00

Disney+ (No Ads)
$2.99
Disney+ (With Ads)
$7.99
Disney+ (No Ads)
$3.00
Discount
-$8.00

Last edited:
Sam's made the right move in reducing the value of their Disney Gift Card Special.... several days later and they still have them. Unlike last year when they sold out in minutes.

Been nice if on Cyber Monday they reset the counter on those....
UPDATE:

Sam's $200 DGC are still $185
Limit 2
Expires 11/30/22 (in the app) Post #12422 :thumbsup2 @geaux_half

Last edited:
I wonder if I try buying gift cards in store if I could use the promo. I bet not if its already in the system to not allow it online at BJ's. Bummer, I was excited to stack that!

Well Cirque Du Soleil is still having their Black Friday sale.... up to 50% off.

Sadly Drawn to Life is only 25% off now... and just select dates in 2023.

I wonder if I try buying gift cards in store if I could use the promo. I bet not if its already in the system to not allow it online at BJ's. Bummer, I was excited to stack that!
I doubt it because it was supposed to be a Cyber Monday thing. So even if you ordered regular merchandise, it's supposed to only apply online and in the app.

Interesting. The initial email I received did not mention exclusions for gift cards:

View attachment 721788

Yeah at the very bottom of the BJs email it says:

†Limit one per member. Void if altered, reproduced or unlawful. No cash value. Valid on BJs.com or in the BJ’s app. Discount may be applied to each qualifying item proportionally. Sales tax may be due on all or part of pre-discounted price by law. Discount given at the time of purchase will be deducted from returned merchandise and cannot be reused. Excludes items restricted by law, shipping, delivery, sales tax, bottle deposits, alcohol, tobacco, lottery, gift cards, propane, gas, optical, milk, membership fees and add-ons, warranties and protection plans, BJ’s services, and BJ’s B2B/Global Sales Transactions.

😭

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter