Hi all! I need to PIF for our upcoming cruise ($4,172.56) by mid-December and trying to figure out the best money saving way to purchase gift cards this Black Friday season.

Would appreciate all the tips and ideas you have.

I have memberships to Costco, BJ’s, and Sam’s. Local grocery chains are Wegmans, Harris Teeter, Safeway, and Giant.

I have seen some mentioned purchasing from shopdisney using Rakuten % back. Does that apply to gift card purchases as well?

I have the Costco credit card, as well as the BJ’s credit card. Other than that we have Bank of America and the Disney visa.

Open to applying for a card that I can turn around and pay off if there is a good benefit to doing so. With COVID we ended up canceled our placeholder so we don’t have the on board credit we usually have to pay tips so would love to save enough to cover that and then some!

I have been looking at BJ’s and wonder if I should just go with that deal but would love to do better. LMK. Thanks!!

@Tink113 please see the Main Pages of the thread, this is where you should start:
  • Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY
    • Everything is there Stores, Warehouses, CC offers and more
  • Post #2 Discount District
    • This is where I keep the Stores Data Points (DP's). It's necessary to read the DP's prior to purchasing.
  • Post #3 Warehouses
    • There are DP's listed here including Costco doesn't sell Disney Gift Cards.
If you're interested in obtaining a new credit card please go to: I love credit cards so much! v5.0 - 2022 thread. Please read the main pages there as well before posting.
Note,
I ordered a new cc on Nov. 3rd and it arrived yesterday 11/18/22. With the holiday season, your cc may take longer.

Newly added DP for Kohl's: Discount District

Kohl's DP:

• Kohl’s Chase Offer: Get 20% Back On Up To $100 Spend
    • Can be used in-store on 3rd Party gc
    • Expires 12/02/22. For more information, go to GCG
    • Post #11744 :thumbsup2 @grumpy28 and thank you @mdurette for posting the full offer!
  • Kohl’s sells a variety of third-party gift cards in its stores, which aren’t available on the Kohl’s website.
  • List of Gift Cards Note, availability vary by store. 8/27/21.
  • You can’t buy third-party gift cards with Kohl’s gift cards, promotions like Kohl’s Cash, or a Kohl’s Charge card.

And, if you’re feeling generous, sign up through my referral link and you’ll get a $25 bonus after your first purchase. Full disclosure, I’ll get one too, so thanks in advance. You can PM me for one, I can’t share it here.
You can NOT solicit either. Please remove. Thank you.

So, I normally ignore the downside of purchasing GCs just because I've never had a card hacked or a GC not activate. I throw receipts in my car without thinking twice. Horrible, i know.

Last night I went to office depot to max out the Chase offers on my card. I purchased Disney, petsmart & Uber. 3/6 cards didn't activate. thank God i found the receipt and the issue is getting taken cared of. Lesson learned!! Check those GCs ASAP!

So, I normally ignore the downside of purchasing GCs just because I've never had a card hacked or a GC not activate. I throw receipts in my car without thinking twice. Horrible, i know.

Last night I went to office depot to max out the Chase offers on my card. I purchased Disney, petsmart & Uber. 3/6 cards didn't activate. thank God i found the receipt and the issue is getting taken cared of. Lesson learned!! Check those GCs ASAP!

And put your receipts in a safe location. :flower1:

So when they fix your GC will this alter your offer on your credit card?

And put your receipts in a safe location. :flower1:

So when they fix your GC will this alter your offer on your credit card?

I'm not sure. They may have to void the whole transaction and redo it. Luckily, i have the same offer on another card. Fingers crossed

SWEET!

Discount District
Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger , Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

Kroger & Family Stores (links above):
Other Offers
  • Kroger Amex Offer: Spend $50 or more, get $25 back
    • Note I do not have this offer, I don't know if it's in-store and/or online only. YMMV
    • Expires 12/31/22. UP
Edit to add: Family store links.

Last edited:
BJ's and DIscover - Can you use Google Pay online to pay for your order?
Sorry I need to slow down.

BJ's DP & More
  • BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link
  • NO GOOGLE.

I’m excited I got the Kohl’s offer on my Chase! I don’t always get the good offers. I hope my local Kohl’s has Amazon gift cards.
I also never get good offers on my TWO Chase's either. It really gets aggravating. Have Disney & UA Chase plus two others with fees also. Crumby offers.

I never should have given up a Chase Freedom card I had for many years. It seems THAT's the one with all the good offers. I just had too many cards & thought I did the correct thing. Nope. Honestly now though, I just don't want another card. I froze credit unions after Equifax debacle and don't want to unfreeze.

Hope your Chase starts giving you good things you could use.

Sorry I need to slow down.

BJ's DP & More
  • BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link
  • NO GOOGLE.
Thanks, I will have hubby try as he has Apple Pay. I'm Android.

I also never get good offers on my TWO Chase's either. It really gets aggravating. Have Disney & UA Chase plus two others with fees also. Crumby offers.

I never should have given up a Chase Freedom card I had for many years. It seems THAT's the one with all the good offers. I just had too many cards & thought I did the correct thing. Nope. Honestly now though, I just don't want another card. I froze credit unions after Equifax debacle and don't want to unfreeze.

Hope your Chase starts giving you good things you could use.

It seems that co-branded Chase cards get fewer offers. If you are interested in getting good/more of them a 'regular' one is the way to go.

Panera Bread Online & App

Buy $50 Panera Bread egift card & get $10 bonus cards free.
  • Bonus cards valid January 1-31, 2023.
  • Direct link to offer - online
  • Use the App so CC offers track properly.
  • Expires 12/31/22.

Credit Card Offers:
  • Panera Chase Offer: 10% back, spend up to $20 spend.
    • Expires 11/30/22 GCG
  • Panera US Bank Offer: 10% back, spend up to $20 spend.
    • Expires 11/30/22 - I'm testing this now.

Last edited:
Are the chase offers one time use? I used some and they are still showing up on the app. Does that mean I can keep using them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter