I bought Disney gift cards through RMT on ShopDisney last month when they had the 10% cash back. I received all of the emails confirming I would receive the $50 per transaction in December. Today I noticed all of my ShopDisney purchases are now showing Ineligible and will not pay anything. Is this common? I thought once I had received the email I was "safe". Is there any point in trying to contact RMN?
No, you aren't safe until it clears.

And there's no point in contacting. The fact that it credits is a mistake, it's not supposed to.

I bought Disney gift cards through RMT on ShopDisney last month when they had the 10% cash back. I received all of the emails confirming I would receive the $50 per transaction in December. Today I noticed all of my ShopDisney purchases are now showing Ineligible and will not pay anything. Is this common? I thought once I had received the email I was "safe". Is there any point in trying to contact RMN?

I think once a shopping purchase becomes Ineligible it will not go back to eligible and pay out. I've had a couple purchases from different stores (not Shop Disney) that I originally got an email stating my order tracked and had my rebate amount. Down the rode it turned to ineligible and never paid out.

Do not contact them because the least attention you bring to them sometimes paying on Gift Cards, the better. Plus they will only tell you the purchase isn't eligible because you purchased gift cards so there is no point in calling. This is why people on here say it's YMMV, because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It a bit of a gamble...

Yea, it’s also why we all have different portals that for some reason work for others that may not work for you. My go to is Rakuten, always pays out for me. The go to for most people on the board is Retail Me Not, it has only ever paid out once for me. It can be very YMMV and ESID (every situation is different). It can be tricky, but you can find a situation that works for you. I never buy unless they are already discounted, etc so I can guarantee I am getting 5-10% but with a goal of 20-30%. This Oct/Nov I have been lucky enough to hit 40% on the last bit I have bought.

As previous posters stated, they all are NOT supposed to pay out for gift cards for the most part (with the exception of things like Giftcards.com, etc when specifically stated. So the fact that it IS paying out is often an oversight or a mistake that we, in general, are benefitting from. The more we raise the fact, the more likely they are to "fix, the glitch" or at the very least, you draw attention to yourself and reduce the ability for you to ever benefit from the hack again.

Last edited:
I remember reading about happy cards or something no longer being able to be used to but other gc at bed bath and beyond but I can't remember if they still sell 3rd party gc.

I have a 15% back up to $10 on my hyatt biz. Also 10% back at gap factory and both are at the same mall so I may just go look since I can always use some more tees or tanks from the gap.

I remember reading about happy cards or something no longer being able to be used to but other gc at bed bath and beyond but I can't remember if they still sell 3rd party gc.

I have a 15% back up to $10 on my hyatt biz. Also 10% back at gap factory and both are at the same mall so I may just go look since I can always use some more tees or tanks from the gap.
It’s not that they can’t be used but because BBB stopped selling 3rd party cards. In addition you have to be careful to ONLY get happy cards that state “process payment as credit”

It’s not that they can’t be used but because BBB stopped selling 3rd party cards. In addition you have to be careful to ONLY get happy cards that state “process payment as credit”

Not looking to get happy cards just couldn't remember the issue. No 3rd party gc means there's no reason to go there. Thanks!

So, this is probably a bit of a dumb question, but for someone who is only interested in Disney gift cards, and doesn't do the RMN or other cash back, it seems like the Target 5% off with their Target credit card is one of the best Disney gift card deals out there?

So, this is probably a bit of a dumb question, but for someone who is only interested in Disney gift cards, and doesn't do the RMN or other cash back, it seems like the Target 5% off with their Target credit card is one of the best Disney gift card deals out there?

If you have Sam's Club or BJ's membership, they sell Disney gift cards at around 4% off + the 2 or 3% from your credit card would be a better deal (2% if you have the Citi double Cash and 3% if you have the Amex Blue Cash (not preferrred).

If you have a Chase Ink card, you get 5% back at Office Supply Stores so you could buy the Disney gift cards at Staples and if you have a Chase card like the Sapphire it could be worth 7.5%.

I didn't see any denominations, but yes, Sam's Club usually offers a couple of options, for shipped cards. I've no problem with 2-$500 cards.

Thanks!

Hmmm, the online offer last year was only on $500 Disney Egift Cards as seen here in 2021: original post

You maybe thinking about BJ's, as they offered a variety of DGC, just like they are this year.

I think once a shopping purchase becomes Ineligible it will not go back to eligible and pay out. I've had a couple purchases from different stores (not Shop Disney) that I originally got an email stating my order tracked and had my rebate amount. Down the rode it turned to ineligible and never paid out.

Though this hasn't happened to me with purchasing GC, a while back I did have a few issues with Rakuten on beauty products I bought from SkinStore and Dermstore. It was 15% at the time so a total of $50+ cb mysteriously became ineligible. It took a while but in the end and after repeated emails on my part I successfully got my cb reinstated and it payed out. There's no way I'm going to allow them to keep my money.

I agree with all, if your cb becomes ineligible on gc purchases, you should never contact them if the terms exclude gift cards in the first place. Could you wave a bigger flag. No thanks!

10% back at gap factory and both are at the same mall so I may just go look since I can always use some more tees or tanks from the gap.
Can the offer be used at the regular Gap?

GAP: Friends and Family Sale: 40% off Everything + 50% off Pj's.
Use code: FRIEND
Exp 11/09/22

Cashback Monitor

Rakuten is 2% in-store

Interesting. Last year the BJs deal on Black Friday was 8% but it looks like this year on the $500 cards it's only 5.4%
I could swear last year someone posted the difference on all the cards being offered and there was a slight advantage when purchasing the group/set of cards, like 3 $25 for $X . Hmm?
You have to look at the offers individually.

Can the offer be used at the regular Gap?

GAP: Friends and Family Sale: 40% off Everything + 50% off Pj's.
Use code: FRIEND
Exp 11/09/22

Cashback Monitor

Rakuten is 2% in-store
It specifically says gap factory. Plus they are cheaper to start with. Also don't have any regular gap stores anywhere near me any more.

I don't think I'm getting 10% on Rakuten for my last DGC of $500 the other day. I double checked my ap but never got an email confirmation. It does not show on my account. So far, the other ones still show. YMMV.

I'm aware, I get emails from gap factory, because again the chase offer isn't for the regular gap but the factory store. I also don't need anything so I'm not spending enough to get free shipping. If I make it to the store before the offer expires great, if not that's ok too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter