Sorry, but I have to disagree with this and would caution anyone who is a heavy purchaser/user/combiner of Disney GCs to be careful. In addition to myself, I now know of two other heavy users who have had the exact same experience that I did with my $2500 in GCs being voided. I can't speak for their passwords, but my Disney password and my checking account password are two unique passwords. Disney has also suspended all my in-app purchasing abilities since this incident, including mobile order, Genie+, etc. At no time did Disney do anything like ask me about recent purchases with my GCs or to verify anything. They wouldn't give me any information at all as to the balances on my cards, and didn't mention any fraudulent transactions ever occuring. They simply demanded proof of purchase for every GC ever purchased and combined, but refused to tell me the GC numbers so I could search through my receipts to find the correct ones. After I refused to provide anything and started calling multiple times a day, they finally refunded all of my money with no explanation. Asset Protection refused to ever return any of my phone calls or emails. I am not a tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely believe they are targeting frequent users and buyers of GCs, and you have to get really nasty with them to get your money back.

ETA: Never received any emails about "You've transferred a gift card" or "You deleted a gift card" because Disney never transferred or deleted any of my cards. They were all still in my account, just all showing with balances of $-.--
A good point. Alas I was discussing the incidents where folks had their cards stolen and could see the new cards loaded on their account and the funds being spent in states they were not in- not the ones that got caught in Disney’s crappy Asset Protection IT situation.

well my Disney password is the same on multiple Disney sites does that make a difference?
In this instance you have one Disney account that allows access via multiple websites so you couldn’t change the password for each Disney website even if you wanted to.

Sorry, but I have to disagree with this and would caution anyone who is a heavy purchaser/user/combiner of Disney GCs to be careful. In addition to myself, I now know of two other heavy users who have had the exact same experience that I did with my $2500 in GCs being voided. I can't speak for their passwords, but my Disney password and my checking account password are two unique passwords. Disney has also suspended all my in-app purchasing abilities since this incident, including mobile order, Genie+, etc. At no time did Disney do anything like ask me about recent purchases with my GCs or to verify anything. They wouldn't give me any information at all as to the balances on my cards, and didn't mention any fraudulent transactions ever occuring. They simply demanded proof of purchase for every GC ever purchased and combined, but refused to tell me the GC numbers so I could search through my receipts to find the correct ones. After I refused to provide anything and started calling multiple times a day, they finally refunded all of my money with no explanation. Asset Protection refused to ever return any of my phone calls or emails. I am not a tinfoil-wearing conspiracy theorist, but I absolutely believe they are targeting frequent users and buyers of GCs, and you have to get really nasty with them to get your money back.

ETA: Never received any emails about "You've transferred a gift card" or "You deleted a gift card" because Disney never transferred or deleted any of my cards. They were all still in my account, just all showing with balances of $-.--
That is truly scary. I'm going to be extra careful, then.

Howdy there! So much discussion on Disney Gift Cards got me thinking perhaps we ought to be talking about a new deal!

BJ’s Wholesale Club: Save Extra On Disney Gift Cards
  • $500 for $474.99
  • 3x $50 multipacks for $141.99
  • Expires 11/07/22 or while supplies last.
  • Click through from a shopping portal in case the purchase tracks – check the current rates here and here.
  • Chase Freedom & Freedom Flex 5% 4Q via PayPal - I may stand corrected, I thought I read only Freedom Flex has PayPal this Qtr?
The discounts work out to be only 5% for the $500 cards and 5.34% for the 3x $50 multipacks,

Please let's discuss how we can make the most of this deal! If you have any ideas, please share and help our community!

Truth be told I don't have a BJ's account so not sure if you can use the Free One Day Pass to secure this online deal, please advise.
Free One Day Pass
  • Direct Link
  • This requires you to create an account using your name and email address.
BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link

Additional Price History:
BJ’s Black Friday 2021:
Save 6% on Disney Gift cards. $500 DGC for $469.99.

Good luck and please share your tips & ideas! Thanks everyone!

For those asking about Sam's Black Friday deal from 2021 that information was posted on the main page - sometimes you gotta look there because I saved all of it!

Post #3 Warehouses
  • Black Friday Disney eGift Cards began promptly at 12:01 am EST on 11/25/21 and sold out quickly.
Not sure if Dosh will be participating for 2022 but we'll see.

Chase Freedom & Freedom Flex 5% 4Q via PayPal - I may stand corrected, I thought I read only Freedom Flex has PayPal this Qtr?

If folks have the original Chase Freedom (no longer available to open but grandfathered) or the Chase Freedom *Flex*, they get the same quarterly categories.

Someone on here had a Chase Freedom *Unlimited*, which never participates in quarterly categories, and got a little confused.

So, it's still correct to say Freedom and Freedom Flex get PayPal.

If folks have the original Chase Freedom (no longer available to open but grandfathered) or the Chase Freedom *Flex*, they get the same quarterly categories.

Someone on here had a Chase Freedom *Unlimited*, which never participates in quarterly categories, and got a little confused.

So, it's still correct to say Freedom and Freedom Flex get PayPal.
Yes Freedom (Original Visa) and Freedom Flex (Current Mastercard) both can activate the 5% Quarterly bonus categories.

I still have the original Freedom even though the Flex seems to be a little better with the same features + 3% Dining/Drugstores and Cell phone protections.

This card stays in the Sock Drawer for me except for the 5% Quarterly Categories that I max out and then transfer the points to my Sapphire Reserve card and the occasional Chase Offer that I use for my addiction of collecting Disney Gift Cards :)

I got an email from Citi for my Double Cash card to earn 10% in statement credits up to $25, through 12/31/22. Activate by 12/20 and purchases must post during the promotional period.
Eligible purchases made at:
* consumer electronic stores
* department stores
* clothing stores
* game stores, hobby and toy stores
Thanks for letting us know to be on the look out.

I have not received that email myself but hopefully it will arrive.

DVC dues are fast approaching and I would love to use it at Best Buy for a $250 Disney Gift Card assuming BB is a "consumer electronic stores"

Truth be told I don't have a BJ's account so not sure if you can use the Free One Day Pass to secure this online deal, please advise.
Free One Day Pass
  • Direct Link
I was able to do this in March although at that time it was only a 3% savings

I got an email from Citi for my Double Cash card to earn 10% in statement credits up to $25, through 12/31/22. Activate by 12/20 and purchases must post during the promotional period.
Eligible purchases made at:
* consumer electronic stores
* department stores
* clothing stores
* game stores, hobby and toy stores
There must be multiple offers. I received a similar email for my premier card but it was for 5x points on:
Consumer Electronic Stores
Department Stores
Home Improvement Stores
Home Furnishing Stores
Up to 2500 points through 1/31/23.

Thanks for letting us know to be on the look out.

I have not received that email myself but hopefully it will arrive.

DVC dues are fast approaching and I would love to use it at Best Buy for a $250 Disney Gift Card assuming BB is a "consumer electronic stores"
I hope so, that is probably what I'll do. Best Buy is 10% on RMN, with a $30 max cash back.

Howdy there! So much discussion on Disney Gift Cards got me thinking perhaps we ought to be talking about a new deal!

BJ’s Wholesale Club: Save Extra On Disney Gift Cards
  • $500 for $474.99
  • 3x $50 multipacks for $141.99
  • Expires 11/07/22 or while supplies last.
  • Click through from a shopping portal in case the purchase tracks – check the current rates here and here.
  • Chase Freedom & Freedom Flex 5% 4Q via PayPal - I may stand corrected, I thought I read only Freedom Flex has PayPal this Qtr?
The discounts work out to be only 5% for the $500 cards and 5.34% for the 3x $50 multipacks,

Please let's discuss how we can make the most of this deal! If you have any ideas, please share and help our community!

Free One Day Pass
  • Direct Link
BJ's Payment Methods: Cash, Checks, MasterCard, Visa, BJ's Gift Card, American Express, MasterPass, Discover, PayPal, Apple Pay and debit cards if they carry the Visa or MasterCard logos. Direct link

Additional Price History:
BJ’s Black Friday 2021:
Save 6% on Disney Gift cards. $500 DGC for $469.99.

Good luck and please share your tips & ideas! Thanks everyone!
Hmm, the 3 x $50 pack seems to be in-store only. :(

Yes Freedom (Original Visa) and Freedom Flex (Current Mastercard) both can activate the 5% Quarterly bonus categories.

I still have the original Freedom even though the Flex seems to be a little better with the same features + 3% Dining/Drugstores and Cell phone protections.

This card stays in the Sock Drawer for me except for the 5% Quarterly Categories that I max out and then transfer the points to my Sapphire Reserve card and the occasional Chase Offer that I use for my addiction of collecting Disney Gift Cards :)
Yup, we upgraded our OG freedom to a flex for those categories. 3% is the best I'm getting drug store or dining, neither of which we do a ton but it's nice to have.

We're also willing to play the game of multiple wallet cards (this one gas, this one grocery, etc, etc) which I know annoys the heck out of some people :-)

Question anyone that uses the disney giftcard.com website do you leave your gift cards in there with the balance or do you just do it for transfers and then delete everything
I’ve always transferred it to a main card but always kept the main card with the balance on there….. thinking that’s not the safest now that I should just delete it since I have the actual plastic gift card
I've always kept my main card with no issues for years.

YMMV

AMEX offers on my cards included $25 Credit for $250 or more at Best Buy expires 12/15/22 and Kroger 20% back for a total of $20 expires 1/31/23.

With the 4x Gift Cards expiring today at Kroger I will be able to get $0.80 off of Gas for $85.95!! :)

Buy 1 $100 Visa/MC Gift Card + $5.95 Fee = $105.95 with AMEX offer = $85.95 and receive 400 gas points.
Use that $100 Visa/MC Gift Card to buy Disney or other gift card and receive another 400 gas points.

My Kroger has insisted on carding now for some of these gift cards and when using the prepaid card the name printed is "A Gift for you"
I have stopped arguing with them and call the number on the back and establish a PIN and check out with debit with no issues.

Not sure how many people use/have used Honey, I just got an email that they are now part of PayPal rewards. I had a random reward I had earned from a Lowes purchase earlier this year that now is included in my PP rewards once I linked the accounts. Kinda happy about that, since I had totally forgotten about it and now its more accessible on PP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter