• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Awesome to see our thread appear on DCL Fan!

11 Ways to Save Money on your Disney Cruise Line Vacation

August 3, 2022 Pete Werner

4.) THE TARGET GIFT CARD TRICK
Target stores offer a debit card that will save you 5% off your purchases and that discount applies to gift cards as well. Conveniently, Target sells Disney gift cards, so I bet you can see where this is going. You can register at your local Target for the debit card – which is attached to your existing bank account. Since it’s a debit card, there are no interest or finance charges. This will also work with the Target credit card, but it only makes sense to use that if you plan on paying it off right away as the finance charges will more than eliminate any savings. There are TONS of other good ideas for getting discounts on gift cards (Disney and others) that you can find on the Disney Gift Card deals thread on DISboards.com.​

Great job everyone and thanks Pete! :thumbsup2

I just wanted to chime in and say that I had an offer on (2) of my Chase Visas for 20% back at GameStop (max of $10) and I was able to successfully use those offers for a $100 Disney Gift Card. The clerk allowed me to do a "split-tender" transaction so I put $50 on each card. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting these offers again! 20% off is a great deal!

Awesome deals!

$50 in paypal (free from swagbucks) - what method is this from SB?
Sorry I just meant a PayPal from swagbucks from my regular things surveys games tada etc. I don't count that as spent money because it is not oops for me.

My DH and I just bought $500 worth of gift cards each from Shop Disney via RMN to replace the $1000 invalid gift card from the Website Which Shall Not Be Named. The RMN deal came at a good time since we're off to WDW in less than a week. I'll still need to buy about $500 more as we average about $150 per day in spending.
Haha, maybe I will see ya there! We head over on the 16th!

Hi guys! I’m new to RMN. It says that the max cash back for shopDisney is $50. If I want to buy more than $500 in gift cards, can I do that? Is it $50 per transaction? Or should I try to make my husband an account and buy the extra that way? Is that allowed?
I think someone said a max of 7 purchases per calendar month.
Hi guys! I’m new to RMN. It says that the max cash back for shopDisney is $50. If I want to buy more than $500 in gift cards, can I do that? Is it $50 per transaction? Or should I try to make my husband an account and buy the extra that way? Is that allowed?
I've done 5 or 6 $500 transactions in a row using the same account and haven't had any trouble with payouts on RMN. That was about 2 months ago. I sign out and back in to RMN before each transaction. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
We were at AKV back in May, this trip is BWV. Enjoy AKL, it's a beautiful place!
Thanks! We have never actually stayed on property, usually just Springs area so it will be an adventure! I am looking forward to it! I wanted to stay at BWV but they were booked up on our dates. We need a lot of room for us and the 4 kids haha.

Also, you heading back to Tokyo Disney after they finish up Fantasy Springs?! We hope to hit that next year or year after!

I added a Happy Card offer on my AMEX Plat. I went to happycards.com like the offer said and bought a card. The charge is showing up as Blackhawk Network Giftcards? Did I do something wrong? Will the credit show up on my account?

I added a Happy Card offer on my AMEX Plat. I went to happycards.com like the offer said and bought a card. The charge is showing up as Blackhawk Network Giftcards? Did I do something wrong? Will the credit show up on my account?
No you did everything fine. It is processed though the Blackhawk network who controls a lot of the GC distributions, should go through just fine.

I've done multiple $500 gc purchases under the same email account and didn't have any problem. I think.someonecsaid a max of 7 purchases per calendar month.
I've done 5 or 6 $500 transactions in a row using the same account and haven't had any trouble with payouts on RMN. That was about 2 months ago. I sign out and back in to RMN before each transaction. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Wow. I'm surprised ShopDisney lets them all go through. But good for you!

I did two $500 transactions on my account yesterday, spaced out am/pm. Both are tracking. Total discount will be 20% thanks to my Discover card!

The day before I did two $100 transactions, and two $50 transactions, spaced out and divided between mine and DH's account.This used up our Chase offers.

Then on Friday we used up our BoA offers and Chase offers on my mother's and MIL's cards which they let us use. In total we acquired $1450 worth of GCs, at a total discount of 20%! (Except for $100 worth which was only 15%)

So there go a third of our DVC dues 🤣

Wow. I'm surprised ShopDisney lets them all go through. But good for you!

I did two $500 transactions on my account yesterday, spaced out am/pm. Both are tracking. Total discount will be 20% thanks to my Discover card!

The day before I did two $100 transactions, and two $50 transactions, spaced out and divided between mine and DH's account.This used up our Chase offers.

Then on Friday we used up our BoA offers and Chase offers on my mother's and MIL's cards which they let us use. In total we acquired $1450 worth of GCs, at a total discount of 20%! (Except for $100 worth which was only 15%)

So there go a third of our DVC dues 🤣
Can I ask how you are getting a total of 20% with your Discover card?

Also, do you and DH have separate RMN and Disney accounts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Can I ask how you are getting a total of 20% with your Discover card?

Also, do you and DH have separate RMN and Disney accounts?

Thanks!
Yes, we technically have two RMN accounts, though I manage them both

Discover has 5% back this quarter on Paypal transactions up to $1500 spend. It's a new card, so for the first year they double the cash back. So 10% plus RMN's 10% gets me 20%

Of course, Chase offers of 10% back at ShopDisney do the same through RMN, but smaller amounts.

Yes, we technically have two RMN accounts, though I manage them both

Discover has 5% back this quarter on Paypal transactions up to $1500 spend. It's a new card, so for the first year they double the cash back. So 10% plus RMN's 10% gets me 20%

Of course, Chase offers of 10% back at ShopDisney do the same through RMN, but smaller amounts.
Thanks--I forgot about the double cash back the first year!

I've used all of our Chase offers (although not all are tracking with RMN). If Chase repeats these, DH might find himself opening a RMN account . . .

Thanks--I forgot about the double cash back the first year!

I've used all of our Chase offers (although not all are tracking with RMN). If Chase repeats these, DH might find himself opening a RMN account . . .

We have enough cards that potentially get this offer (my 2 Chase, hubby 4 Chase, BoA, US Bank, PNC legacy card) that we have needed to use both RMNs to stay under the 7 per month limit per retailer.

Added Offers ~ 9/06/22

Discount District
Meijer Online:
Blackhawk Network
  • Buy $100 Visagift cards & Get $5 off
    • Limit 10. Direct link to offer.
    • These $100 Visa gift cards normally have a purchase fee of $5.95, so the $5 discount would ordinarily mean you have to pay a net fee of $0.95. However, Blackhawk Network (who powers the site) have seemingly inadvertently not included the purchase fee for this particular card listing and so you’re able to buy $100 gift cards for $95. There’s free trackable shipping, so that won’t add any other cost to your order.
    • Expires 9/10/22. GCG
Warehouses
Costco:
Buy 2x $50 Spafinder eGift cards for $69.99 (30%)
Limit 5 per member. Direct link to offer.​
Expires 9/09/22. GCG

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Quill Chase Offer:
Get 20% Back On Up To $250 Spend
Buy Visa Gift Card - Business account & CC
Expires 10/15/22. GCG

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter