Just a Reminder

When purchasing DGC, do not throw away your receipts.
After transferring funds, tape receipt to empty card and when you get home from your trip then throw everything away.
Oh goodness. I will do that from now on. I thought once I transferred funds to my old, "safe" cards, I was done with the new purchased card.

Most those offers are free for the initial membership... not for renewals.

If there is a way to apply a discount to a renewal, without setting up a new account... that would be great to know.
No. Best way is to have an account that has been expired 6 months and have them remove the email. Sign up for new account with email. If you do this, help the worker at the desk by downloading the app in store and giving them credit.

I do the same, except this time. I had my daughter with me and she wanted the Frozen card. :sad2: I did look it over and let me say they did a good job. The cardboard was in excellent condition and it wasn't until I started pulling the card off that I could tell something was off. I've been flipping Disney GCs since 2014 and this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I'm thankful it was just $50.

I thought I remember reading someone went through this as well but I can't remember if it was in this thread or the older one, so I thought I'd ask.
I would also call the Target store and ask to speak with a manager and try to make them fix it. Disney didn’t lose that money, you didn’t lose that money, the store sold you a tampered gift card.

What did you use to buy it? If you get nowhere with the manager and it was a credit or debit card I’d file a chargeback with the credit/debit card company- even if it was RedCard.

I would also call the Target store and ask to speak with a manager and try to make them fix it. Disney didn’t lose that money, you didn’t lose that money, the store sold you a tampered gift card.

What did you use to buy it? If you get nowhere with the manager and it was a credit or debit card I’d file a chargeback with the credit/debit card company- even if it was RedCard.

I do plan on stopping by Target just to let them know what happened. Disney has already replaced the card so I have been made whole. I will not ask anything of Target.

Just looked and it doesn't have to be a $300 gc, they let you had different values to your cart with $50 being the lowest. This could be good for those that use a DL gc to help use their amex credits. Normally I buy them to get fuel points at the grocery store.
question: do you mean DL gc to count towards AMEX Plat annual airline credits? that works?

question: do you mean DL gc to count towards AMEX Plat annual airline credits? that works?

No. The gc isn't sold by delta. There's been some discussion on the cc thread or for recent dps and more info flyertalk has threads for the amex card airlines credit. Most/all major airlines has their own thread that discusses how to get it to credit for things it shouldn't.

I'm not going to go that far off topic in this thread 🙂.

No. The gc isn't sold by delta. There's been some discussion on the cc thread or for recent dps and more info flyertalk has threads for the amex card airlines credit. Most/all major airlines has their own thread that discusses how to get it to credit for things it shouldn't.

I'm not going to go that far off topic in this thread 🙂.
Thanks - I've been reading a couple of those sources - and didn't think it was possible -I clearly misunderstood you. Too late on a Friday apparently:-)

I do the same, except this time. I had my daughter with me and she wanted the Frozen card. :sad2: I did look it over and let me say they did a good job. The cardboard was in excellent condition and it wasn't until I started pulling the card off that I could tell something was off. I've been flipping Disney GCs since 2014 and this is the first time something like this has ever happened to me. I'm thankful it was just $50.

I thought I remember reading someone went through this as well but I can't remember if it was in this thread or the older one, so I thought I'd ask.
That was me that this exact same thing happened to - and it was a $50 Frozen design DGC, too! Definitely report to your Target. Someone planted that fraudulent card in their Target store and they will let their loss prevention team try to review video footage and/or prevent someone from continuing to do that.

That was me that this exact same thing happened to - and it was a $50 Frozen design DGC, too! Definitely report to your Target. Someone planted that fraudulent card in their Target store and they will let their loss prevention team try to review video footage and/or prevent someone from continuing to do that.

Crazy that it was the same type of card!

You seem new to this thread, just FYI DP's are found on Post #2 Discount District in alphabetical order.

Staples DP:
  • ONLY Staples eGift cards are processed by a third party. All other 3rd party gc are sold by Staples online.
You are good to go!
I'm actually an old timer to the gift card thread. I've succesfully used credit card deals when purchasing physical gift cards at staples.com. No problem there. My issue was with the wording of the Chase offer. They usually specify whether it can be used for both online and in-store purchases. This time they just said it was for "Staples". They did have a link attached to the offer that connected me to their website. I took this as a sign and made the purchase. I'll post the final outcome when it credits in case others were wondering. Thanks for replying.

Just a Reminder

When purchasing DGC, do not throw away your receipts.
After transferring funds, tape receipt to empty card and when you get home from your trip then throw everything away.

Oh goodness. I will do that from now on. I thought once I transferred funds to my old, "safe" cards, I was done with the new purchased card.
Just like our thread has evolved so has fraud and we need to better prepare ourselves. We've had two recent reports of the same issue, taping receipt to DGC is the best safeguard we have to ensure we get our funds back.

And here's the thing, even though drained funds hasn't been reported in a while from anyone on their trip or during check out ANYTHING can still happen. If it does happen, when you get home you'll need your receipts and gift cards. It's a simple step no one should be overlooking.

I'm actually an old timer to the gift card thread.
No disrespect intended @Gator Kate I simply don't recall seeing you post here but I'm very happy you did. :flower3:

Here's the scoop on the Staples Chase Offer:
Get 20% CashBack on Staples Purchases, Up To $10 Cashback

The Fine Print

• Offer expires 9/4/2022.
  • Offer valid one time only.
  • Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on third-party services. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
I hate that Chase Offers don’t make it clear whether it’s a store offer or online offer. There is a ‘Shop Staples’ link which would indicate it works online, though we once had a data point from a similar offer that it does not work online. Should work in-store. Let us know your prior experiences. DOC

The DP he's referring to was posted on June 25, 2019. I don't recall anyone confirming the same outcome since our thread launched making me believe we're good to go whether we purchase in-store or online. In fact GC Galore posted You can buy third party gift cards online or in-store to lock in the savings from this offer.

Added Offer ~ 8/27/22

Discount District
ACE Hardware: Targeted/YMMV via mail flyer
  • Buy $50 ACE Gift Card & Get $10 ACE Gift Card free
  • Must be Rewards Member
  • Limit 2.
  • At Participating Stores - Regional?
  • Offer valid 8/31/22 - 9/12/22. Slickdeals
1661620601091.png Image by justwait

Just like our thread has evolved so has fraud and we need to better prepare ourselves. We've had two recent reports of the same issue, taping receipt to DGC is the best safeguard we have to ensure we get our funds back.

And here's the thing, even though drained funds hasn't been reported in a while from anyone on their trip or during check out ANYTHING can still happen. If it does happen, when you get home you'll need your receipts and gift cards. It's a simple step no one should be overlooking.

No disrespect intended @Gator Kate I simply don't recall seeing you post here but I'm very happy you did. :flower3:

Here's the scoop on the Staples Chase Offer:
Get 20% CashBack on Staples Purchases, Up To $10 Cashback

The Fine Print

• Offer expires 9/4/2022.
  • Offer valid one time only.
  • Payment must be made directly with the merchant. Offer not valid on third-party services. Payment must be made on or before offer expiration date.
I hate that Chase Offers don’t make it clear whether it’s a store offer or online offer. There is a ‘Shop Staples’ link which would indicate it works online, though we once had a data point from a similar offer that it does not work online. Should work in-store. Let us know your prior experiences. DOC

The DP he's referring to was posted on June 25, 2019. I don't recall anyone confirming the same outcome since our thread launched making me believe we're good to go whether we purchase in-store or online. In fact GC Galore posted You can buy third party gift cards online or in-store to lock in the savings from this offer.
Some of the Staples offers are 10% back (unfortunately, all of mine but one)

My staples is 10%. Hasn’t posted yet either.
Went to Office Max today. Would only allow one transaction but allowed me to split the tender. Weird. No difference than ringing them up separate.

My staples is 10%. Hasn’t posted yet either.
Went to Office Max today. Would only allow one transaction but allowed me to split the tender. Weird. No difference than ringing them up separate.
You know, I didn't think of doing separate tender. My problem rn is that OD/OM ran out of GCs. If they only get a few in stock, I can still get my offers by paying with several CCs.

Cashed in some of the recent deals today! Bought $100 DGC on shopDisney using the 5% Freedom Flex offer + 5% back from RetailMeNot. Then went over to GameStop and bought $100 using the 10% Disney Visa offer plus the usual 1% cash back. Lastly, popped over to CVS and got $50 using the 5% offer on Freedom Flex plus the 3% for pharmacies.

All told, it should equal out to $250 DGC with $25 saved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter