Now don't you feel better letting all that out?
Oh look > :drinking1 Starbucks! Lol! ;) :laughing:
yes, yes I do. For now lol.

Do you by chance know if GC Galore has a FB or instagram page? For some dumb reason I can get on FB and Insta and here on my work computer but GC galore is blocked. I can't have my phone at work either. Stupid job lol

I cannot tell you the number of times this tread has made me question why we live where we live lol. Why do I live where there are not Costcos, Office Max/depot, starbucks. soma, cvs, riteaid etc?
We have some of the stores here, but the grocery store deals always make me jealous. Then again, when they post a store that happens to be in the area, I’m like, “not that store.” (Sorry, not sorry, Hyvee)

yes, yes I do. For now lol.

Do you by chance know if GC Galore has a FB or instagram page? For some dumb reason I can get on FB and Insta and here on my work computer but GC galore is blocked. I can't have my phone at work either. Stupid job lol

Yes to FB, Twitter and Instagram (24 posts, 15 followers, 6 following) and going strong. Well sort of. :laughing:

WHY DO I LOVE DOSH?

Thanks to @FoxC63 for appointing me “Dosh Ambassador.” For those who aren’t familiar with Dosh, I thought I’d give a quick overview and share why I like it.

Dosh is a cash back app, much like Rakuten. Link your credit cards, and you’ll get a stated cash back percentage when you make a purchase. BUT the great thing about Dosh is that it works in-store with no click-through necessary. They have a good number of “mall stores,” like Aeropostale, American Eagle, Sephora, H&M. Also PetSmart, Office Depot, and many others. Even some local restaurants! Sam’s Club is included, but for online orders only. I have gotten paid out for GC-only online orders, but of course YMMV.

Shop at a store with a linked card and you’ll get a notification that money is ready to be added to your Dosh wallet. So many times I’ve made purchases without even realizing it was a Dosh store, and the cash back was a lovely surprise. I’ve even made online purchases through Rakuten AND gotten cash back from Dosh. It’s pretty unusual and random for that to happen - I haven’t figured out how to make that happen every time, unfortunately.

Once earned, cash back will stay pending for varying amounts of time, depending on the merchant. Sam’s Club is particularly long, taking 90 days. Office Depot takes a couple of weeks.

Cash back goes into your Dosh wallet and can be transferred out once you have $25 in your wallet. I always transfer to my PayPal account. You can also transfer to your bank account or Venmo.

My very very favorite use of Dosh is at Office Depot. I have a Chase Ink Cash credit card, which gives 5x Ultimate Rewards points at office supply stores. OD will regularly have sales on Visa GCs - buy at least $300 and get $15 off. I buy $400 in VGCs. After the fees but less the $15 off, the total is $398.90. So i get $400 in VGCs for less than face value, AND 5x Ultimate Rewards, AND 2% ($7.98) back from Dosh. (Office Depot also sells a ton of other GCs, including Disney of course.)

OH - unlike Rakuten, sadly you can’t load prepaid VGCs or MCGCs into Dosh and get cash back on purchases made with those cards.

Hope this info is helpful! Happy to answer any questions, if I can, and I’ll keep an eye out for any special deals
Just want to add that Dosh has an inactivity fee of $4.99/mo if there's no activity in a year. I did well with Dosh when it worked with Staples and some other local stores, but those are now gone. I have had a balance of about $22 for many months and can't cash out until it's $25, so I'll have to find something to keep my account active.

BJS online has them at $469.99 for $500 right now with Free Shipping - My Local SAMS Club closed so I am not sure how this stacks up.

BJS online has them at $469.99 for $500 right now with Free Shipping - My Local SAMS Club closed so I am not sure how this stacks up.

It's on Post #1, main page.

Sam's Club: Save 10%, $500 Disney eGift Cards for $450
Limit 2. eGift card only.​

One penny shy of $20 bucks.

Edit to add: BJ's has
Sam's doesn't. However, Sam's has cancelled orders, keep scrolling to read more.

I wonder if this would combine with dosh?

Same, it's on Post #1, main page.
  • Stacking is possible when using both Dosh and Rakuten.
Note possible. And if you scroll down to Post #6
Dosh App DP's
As for Rakuten, that will be interesting to see. We recently saw 10% cashback at Sam's, I don't know if the terms excluded gc's or if some were lucky to have it track.

Last edited:

Does BJs credit card earn 3% rewards on the gift cards?
I have the Bjs master Card earning 5%. They do not give you any % off of gift card purchases. They know what you purchase and adjust the percentage accordingly. For example if you bought tires at the 10% bonus with your groceries. But if you earn a $10 award, you can use that on gift card purchases.

I'm thinking these will stack nicely.

Office Depot/OfficeMax: Buy $300+ Visa Gift Cards & Get $15 Off
In-store only. Limit 1 per customer.​
Expires 11/20/21. GC Galore

Office Depot/OfficeMax Chase Offer: Get 5%/10% Back On Up To $150/$80 Spend
Expires 12/16/21. GC Galore

So, according to the comments at Doctor of Credit, split payment can be done provided the cashier knows what their doing. Hmm, DH & I have the 10% offer on Disney Visa, he also has Dosh. Can my cc be added to his account for a double hit?

Oh, where is our Dosh Ambassador @iujen94 ?

I have the Bjs master Card earning 5%. They do not give you any % off of gift card purchases. They know what you purchase and adjust the percentage accordingly. For example if you bought tires at the 10% bonus with your groceries. But if you earn a $10 award, you can use that on gift card purchases.

Good to know, thank you! I have the 3% card but haven't bought any gift cards with it before. I'll stick with the Sams deal.

So, according to the comments at Doctor of Credit, split payment can be done provided the cashier knows what their doing. Hmm, DH & I have the 10% offer on Disney Visa, he also has Dosh. Can my cc be added to his account for a double hit?

Oh, where is our Dosh Ambassador @iujen94 ?
I have my DH’s cards linked to my Dosh account. Works great!

The details for the ShopRite offer is " Save $20 on your next shopping order when you purchase $100 in gift cards with your price plus club card 11/26/21 - 11/29/21. Excludes ShopRite, Go Shop, Go Play, Go Eat, Go Celebrate, Go Enjoy, Go Have Fun, Visa and MasterCard Gift Cards. Must Be One Transaction. Limit One Per Customer. Qualification Certificate prints at the bottom of your register receipt and must be presented to redeem $20 on your next shopping order at your local Shoprite store 11/30/21 - 12/4/21.

So it is excluding their own gift cards, visa and MasterCard and the Go gift cards (incomms version of the happy cards). You also only have Tuesday to Saturday to redeem it (notice they excluded Sunday, one of the busiest shopping days.)

See the next post for pictures of gift cards sold at ShopRite.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone can give me advice on what do do. I purchased a bunch of DGC's and loaded them on one card on disneygift card dot com for a total of $1000. I called the call center, they transferred me to ticketing. I tried to upgrade a 3 day ticket to an AP using the DGC. The castmember said it was denied. She waited to see if it would reset and tried again. the gift card shows the funds were withdrawn. I tried gift card services-they were actually rude. She said I should be more careful about who I give my gift card numbers out to. I'm like, What, the disney call center? Blamed me for buying something. I tried shopdisney because that's where the gift card came from. No one knows who can help me. I tried the call center again. They said I had to wait 24 hours for the balance to reset.

It's been 24 hours. It didn't reset. I'm on a 2 hour hold for the call center right now. What department can help me with this?

I didn't buy any used gift cards. They were all from Sams club and shopdisney. THe castmember could see the $1000 when she first entered it. The total was in there. The other cards appeared to transfer fine. It's a lot of money for me! I'm a little panicked. And I leave for orlando in 2 days. I don't know what to do?

I don't know if anyone can give me advice on what do do. I purchased a bunch of DGC's and loaded them on one card on disneygift card dot com for a total of $1000. I called the call center, they transferred me to ticketing. I tried to upgrade a 3 day ticket to an AP using the DGC. The castmember said it was denied. She waited to see if it would reset and tried again. the gift card shows the funds were withdrawn. I tried gift card services-they were actually rude. She said I should be more careful about who I give my gift card numbers out to. I'm like, What, the disney call center? Blamed me for buying something. I tried shopdisney because that's where the gift card came from. No one knows who can help me. I tried the call center again. They said I had to wait 24 hours for the balance to reset.

It's been 24 hours. It didn't reset. I'm on a 2 hour hold for the call center right now. What department can help me with this?

I didn't buy any used gift cards. They were all from Sams club and shopdisney. THe castmember could see the $1000 when she first entered it. The total was in there. The other cards appeared to transfer fine. It's a lot of money for me! I'm a little panicked. And I leave for orlando in 2 days. I don't know what to do?
omg, how awful! You can check the disney gift card site and it will give a transaction history for the card, so you can at least see when it was used.

omg, how awful! You can check the disney gift card site and it will give a transaction history for the card, so you can at least see when it was used.
The web site shows that the money was withdrawn last night (when I called). The cast member thinks it was declined and it's just taking a while to return the money.

As for Rakuten, that will be interesting to see. We recently saw 10% cashback at Sam's, I don't know if the terms excluded gc's or if some were lucky to have it track.

I know for Rakuten, I've been buying $200 DGCs every day with the Cash.App (I still have the 10% Boost loaded) and Rakuten is only 1% but it tracks every day. RetailMeNot had 10% Cash Back 2 days with Sams, and it tracked there too - assuming it doesn't get denied, I will effectively get over 20% off the face value of the cards I bought those 2 days (4% off from Sams, 10% off from CashApp and 10% Cashback from RMN).

I know for Rakuten, I've been buying $200 DGCs every day with the Cash.App (I still have the 10% Boost loaded) and Rakuten is only 1% but it tracks every day. RetailMeNot had 10% Cash Back 2 days with Sams, and it tracked there too - assuming it doesn't get denied, I will effectively get over 20% off the face value of the cards I bought those 2 days (4% off from Sams, 10% off from CashApp and 10% Cashback from RMN).

Just amazing!!! I hope it all pans out in your favor. Thanks so much for sharing your Sam's Club deals!

What a terrible thing to go through! Hopefully today your circumstances have changed. At this point, I'm not sure there's anything we can suggest. You've done everything you can do. I think this is key, I didn't buy any used gift cards because we know what can happen when you consolidate them and spend.

What you have going forward is clean, trackable and traceable gc's via your Sam's & ShopDisney accounts as well as your CC statements. You have the ability to monitor your gc's on the DGC site, which means you might have to take all of this with you so be prepared.

Disney CS is hands down the best when working out solutions. Worst-case scenario if the gc's do not reset, you may have to pay out of pocket for the AP when you arrive. Continue to work with DCS with the documents and then reverse the charges. Please let us know how you're doing, until then rest assured the money is there. :flower3:

The web site shows that the money was withdrawn last night (when I called). The cast member thinks it was declined and it's just taking a while to return the money.
Sounds like it. It can take several days for money to go back on the card, at least in the case of refunds. Keep a really good log of who you talked to and when in case the money doesn't come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter