I’m still trying to understand the Happy card process. You use the Happy card to purchase Disney GC at BBB (or other store like Lowe’s)?
Thanks for asking b/c i've been wondering the same as I've heard mixed stories on whether this can be done at places like Lowe's.

The process is to buy a Happy Card and then use that happy card in a physical Bed, Bath, & Beyond store (NOT Lowe's) to buy Disney or other gift cards. The only Happy cards this works with are the Happy Her, Happy Lady, Happy Moments, Happy Student, and Happy Bride since they are the only ones that actually send you a physical card AND include Bed, Bath & Beyond as one of the redemption options.

(None of the current happy cards include Lowe's as an option except for the ones that require online exchange or redemption but those can't be converted into 3rd party gift cards so that won't help you.)

If your Bed, Bath, & Beyond has a self checkout you can buy the gift cards at the self checkout. Otherwise, you must use as a cashier and every once in a while you will get a cashier that will not allow you to use the happy card as payment for gift cards. In the last year I used happy cards around 15 times at BBB to buy 3rd party gift cards and only once did I have a cashier not allow it.

I used a prepaid card and Sams cancelled my order. Now I have to wait for my refund. Any last minute Disney deals? The major chain grocery stores I have are Target, Kroger, Publix, and Walmart.

The process is to buy a Happy Card and then use that happy card in a physical Bed, Bath, & Beyond store (NOT Lowe's) to buy Disney or other gift cards. The only Happy cards this works with are the Happy Her, Happy Lady, Happy Moments, Happy Student, and Happy Bride since they are the only ones that actually send you a physical card AND include Bed, Bath & Beyond as one of the redemption options.

(None of the current happy cards include Lowe's as an option except for the ones that require online exchange or redemption but those can't be converted into 3rd party gift cards so that won't help you.)

If your Bed, Bath, & Beyond has a self checkout you can buy the gift cards at the self checkout. Otherwise, you must use as a cashier and every once in a while you will get a cashier that will not allow you to use the happy card as payment for gift cards. In the last year I used happy cards around 15 times at BBB to buy 3rd party gift cards and only once did I have a cashier not allow it.

I didn't even know BB&B sold gift cards. Where do you usually find them? I don't think I've ever seen them in mine, except the BB&B ones they keep by the register. Thanks!

I didn't even know BB&B sold gift cards. Where do you usually find them? I don't think I've ever seen them in mine, except the BB&B ones they keep by the register. Thanks!

There are a few BB&B's that don't carry the 3rd party gift cards, although the vast majority do. (I have been in around 20 of their stores over the last 5 years and only 2 of them didn't carry the 3rd party gift cards.) Usually, there is a little alcove on the wall with all the gift cards or a display rack with them either in the area in front of the registers or somewhere near the entrance to the store.

You can always call the store beforehand or ask at the customer service desk and ask them if they sell the 3rd party gift cards and where they would be.

here’s what the fine print says. Although GCs are excluded, I’ve gotten cash back on GC-only purchases as recently as June. YMMV, of course.
I have had similar experiences using Rakuten on items that say excluded. I am hoping that holds true with this one as well since I just purchased a Disney GC on Shop Disney to use my 10% credit on CFF. Every little bit helps!

Added Offers ~ 9/20/21

Discount District
Best Buy: Buy $60 Netflix eGift Card AND $50 Uber Eats eGift Card For $100
Savings applied to UberEats $50 egift card. Online Only.​
Limit 1 per transaction. Direct link to offer
Expiry date unknown. GCG

CVS: Buy $50 The Children’s Place Gift Card & Get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards
Expires 9/25/21. GC Galore

Dollar General: Save 15% On Select Gift Cards
Includes: GameStop, PlayStation Store & Xbox Gift Cards​
Note, some stores don’t allow credit card payment for these cards.

Price Chopper (NY/PA): Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Earn 500 Bonus Points
Includes: Gap Options, Bass Pro Shops, GameStop and JCPenney.​
Expires 10/02/21. GC Galore

Rite Aid
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash:
    • Netflix
    • DoorDash
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $8 BonusCash
    • Gap Options
    • Old Navy
      • Limit 2 per gift card pairing.
      • Expires 9/25/21. GC Galore
Target:
  • Buy $50+ Prepaid Phone Gift Cards & Get $5 Off
    • Includes: AT&T, Boost Mobile, BOSS Revolution, Cricket Wireless, H2O Wireless, Net10 Wireless, SafeLink Wireless, Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, TocaTel, Total Wireless, Tracfone, Verizon and Virgin Mobile
    • Get an extra 5% off by paying with a Target RedCard.
    • Expires 9/25/21. GC Galore
  • Buy $50 Select Happy eGift Cards & Get $5 Target Gift Cards Free
    • Includes: Happy #BestMomEver, Happy #BestDadEver and Thanks Teacher (online redemption required).
    • Online Only. Limit 1 per brand. Direct link
    • Expires 10/01/21. GC Galore
Target Circle: $10/$20 Off $50/$100, In Store Or Online
No link, check your offers. I received $10 off $60.​
Expires 9/25/21. Doctor of Credit

Walgreens: Buy 2x Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Walgreens Gift Card Free
Includes: Macy’s, PlayStation Store, Xbox and Fandango​
Limit 2, except in NM.​

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
HP Amex Offer: Spend $250 & Get $50 Back
Expires 9/30/21. GC Galore

Starbucks Amex Offers: Save 15% At Starbucks
Expires 12/31/2021. Doctor of Credit

Disney Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $50 Spend
Expires 10/29/21. GC Galore / :thumbsup2 @Marionnette

MISC.
DoorDash Promo Codes: 50% Off With Promo Code SEPT50US4
Expires 9/23/21. Doctor of Credit

PayPal/Venmo Panda Express Offer: $10 Off $10+ With QR code
Expires 11/09/21 or while supplies last. Doctor of Credit

Last edited:
I have had similar experiences using Rakuten on items that say excluded. I am hoping that holds true with this one as well since I just purchased a Disney GC on Shop Disney to use my 10% credit on CFF. Every little bit helps!

Is it pending? I'm debating whether to use Rakuten and risk getting nothing or using RMN and getting 5% for sure (based on previous experiences)

Also, any data points on getting Swagbucks for GC purchases at ShopDisney? They have 10% back today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter