no disney/universal GC available in oregon. you do get a disney gift card with purchase of a disney vacation package.

I don't think Costco carries any Disney GCs. But their cash back (it's Costco cash) on DCL is about 6%-8%. And if you are an executive member you get an additional 2% - this last one can be cashed out.

"Many Old Navy stores have a third party gift card rack, so this is a good way to save 10% on those rather than on Old Navy gift cards specifically. For example, I’ve seen Best Buy and Amazon gift cards at Old Navy, so this could be a profitable reselling deal." The info is in the link provided, but here it is again: Link
I had no idea old navy sold third party gcs

Can someone explain fuel points to me? Driving back and forth on the east coast recently and noticing that many gas stations outside of NYC have a fuel points system.

In New Jersey, the fuel points are mostly from Stop & Shop. The points can be redeemed at select Shell gas stations (not all), usually it is the shell stations that are near a Stop & Shop. However, I have found that the Shell stations that participate in the program (at least in Central Jersey) are usually 25 - 30 cents more than the other stations. The last time I did the fuel points (I think it was last summer), there was literally a gas station 200 feet away from the Shell station that was 28 cents cheaper per gallon. So you have to factor that into your savings.

Also, never leave fuel points over on your stop and shop card as the gas attendant can just take a picture of your card number and then steal all your points. I had this happen to me around 3 years ago, I had around 4,000 points (You can only use 1,500 per fill up) so I used 1,500 to fill up my car. Around a week later, I was going to fill up again and I found all my points gone. It turns out that someone filled up 30 gallons at the same station I had been to 3 hours later and then another 30 gallons the next day. And calling the fuel points customer service was worthless, they opened a case and never go t back to me. I must have called 5 times and each time they said someone would get back to me but never did. Finally, I just gave up.

Now, if I ever do fuel points, I literally grab a new Stop and shop card each time so they can't steal my points again.

Stop & Shop, Safeway, Winn Dixie. I just don't understand how they work when you get to the gas station. We don't really have the system in the city but with all the driving I might try to take advantage of it, especially if it can help me save on some gas.

At most if not all these stores you sign up for their free shopping card. You scan it at check out. For every X amount you spend you will save X amount in gas. Usually the more you have spent the bigger the discount. At the gas station you scan your shopping card and it gives you the discount of the gas.
Some stores use a national chain of gas stations such as Shell or Mobile and some of the Stop And Shops around me have their own gas station. Some will also have deals where if you buy a certain product you will save X amount off the gas as well. Usually once you use the discount it starts over again, so it's usually in your best interest to fill up when you are almost empty as compared to filling up if you only need $10 worth. Sometimes there is a limit to how much gas you can get, such as you can use the discount on up to say a 25 gal purchase. Some will also allow you to fill up more than one car as long as it's in the same transaction, so don't hang the nozzle back up as the second car pulls up.

Also by using the shopping card they will also have deals in the store such as buy one get a second for $1 off or a BOGO free if you use the card. So it's like using a clip-less coupon.

What stores are you looking at?
Kroger: Spend $250 in gift cards during 4x Fuel promotions = 1,000 points.
1,000 pts = $1.00 off per gallon, up to 35 gallons.

We use two cars to max out the savings.

Dumb question but how do you use 2 cars? I live in a state where we can’t pump our own gas, wondering if I can still do this

Dumb question but how do you use 2 cars? I live in a state where we can’t pump our own gas, wondering if I can still do this

oregon?
that is where i am. we do not pump our own gas. i've not resorted to carrying gas cans as some do. i make an appt with my son. hey going to get gas after work. then we meet at the gas station when both cars are getting low and manage to use up most of the allowed 35 gallons at fred meyers, by my going first with credit card ($1 off per gallon max here), and telling the attendant that i want to fill both cars using my credit card and points. makes me feel like i got my moneys worth out of those points!

oregon?
that is where i am. we do not pump our own gas. i've not resorted to carrying gas cans as some do. i make an appt with my son. hey going to get gas after work. then we meet at the gas station when both cars are getting low and manage to use up most of the allowed 35 gallons at fred meyers, by my going first with credit card ($1 off per gallon max here), and telling the attendant that i want to fill both cars using my credit card and points. makes me feel like i got my moneys worth out of those points!

Yes, Oregon, thanks! So does your son pull up to the pump behind your car? Or do you both have to use the same pump? Just trying to figure out how this works, I want to try it

Yes, Oregon, thanks! So does your son pull up to the pump behind your car? Or do you both have to use the same pump? Just trying to figure out how this works, I want to try it
yes, must be from the same pump, so one transaction. after the first car is filled with gas, the attendant can NOT put the pump back, the first car pulls out of the way, and then the second car driven by his son would pull up, and then be filled with gas, this way both cars are filled at the same pump

some people bring gas cans too

hope this explains the process, if not ask more

it does have to be the same pump. I always take the pump with only one in center aisle so as to not block a pump but not all stations are setup like ours.

For some reason, I never get emails from BJ's. So, I always miss out on the deals. Grr. (Yes, I've checked the spam folder)

Does anyone else have trouble with this?

Does anyone know how frequently they have the deals on SW Airlines?

We're in Michigan and we have self serve pumps. I pull all the way past the pumps and he reverses his car behind me so our cars are back to back.

I never knew they still had attendants, how nostalgic! My Dad worked two jobs to make ends meet when we were very young. He worked for Conoco and it was full service. I remember him wearing a uniform, they washed the windows, checked tire pressure and the oil while filling up the gas.
470136 :goodvibes

yes, must be from the same pump, so one transaction. after the first car is filled with gas, the attendant can NOT put the pump back, the first car pulls out of the way, and then the second car driven by his son would pull up, and then be filled with gas, this way both cars are filled at the same pump

some people bring gas cans too

hope this explains the process, if not ask more

Thanks so much! I think I get it now. I going to try it today, crossing fingers it works
it does have to be the same pump. I always take the pump with only one in center aisle so as to not block a pump but not all stations are setup like ours.

Thank you! I’ll see if ours has a center aisle, I never noticed

I never knew they still had attendants, how nostalgic!

New Jersey is now the only state that does not allow any driver to fill up their own gas tanks. At gas stations in Oregon in counties with fewer than 40,000 people they can fill their own gas. A couple random towns also outlaw self serve stations, one on NY and one in MA.

Thanks again for the tip, it worked great for us today. Here’s a Fred Meyer gas tip for you. If you use Ebates, you can link your cc for in store offers. They have Fred Meyer jewelers and at our Fred’s gas station it’s coded as jewelers, not sure why, so we get cash back. Usually 7%.

We're in Michigan and we have self serve pumps. I pull all the way past the pumps and he reverses his car behind me so our cars are back to back.

I never knew they still had attendants, how nostalgic! My Dad worked two jobs to make ends meet when we were very young. He worked for Conoco and it was full service. I remember him wearing a uniform, they washed the windows, checked tire pressure and the oil while filling up the gas.
View attachment 470136 :goodvibes

Yes nostalgic but unfortunately they don’t wear those cute uniforms 😂 We do get spoiled though, I sometimes forget how to pump my own gas when we travel out of state

Thanks for all the great and timely information. Hoping for some suggestions regarding a DGC from BJ's that was not activated ($100 out of $4000). I have called BJ's twice and was put on hold for more than 30 min.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter