Groupon has Sam's club membership for $20 for new memberships. (I'm not sure if an existing customer can just create a new account). Also, retailmenot has 12% back at groupon for new groupon customers or 7% back for exiting groupon customers (again, I assume you can just create a new groupon account.)

View attachment 806396

With respect to "existing customer" trickery, I vaguely recall someone posting here about Sam's Club getting wise to this and making it harder than just using a different email address. Somehow they still know it's you and will not allow the membership to process. There were some extra steps to take that can get past this, but I've forgotten the details.
Thanks for these replies. Looking on Google I found an offer for a $20 membership directly through Sam's. I was able to purchase it on my phone, create a new login, and then login to the app. I'm hoping that will let me bypass getting a membership card from the customer service desk. My Sam's membership expired in July but I suspect I am not technically a new customer. I might have been able to get a slightly better deal with Groupon and a cash back site but this was easier and less risky.

I'll make the last two purchases also and see what happens. My member said target can't do anything since it's auto generated. I think they will give me a gift card for the $20. I have a reference number to give them. Good luck to you.
Went to Target today and made two purchases of $110. The first checkmark still wasn't showing from my first purchase but after I made my two purchases today, all three circles got checked off and I got my $30. Grateful it worked! Funny thing though for my second purchase I had $100 gift card and 2 boxes of hot cocoa that were marked $5.79 each. Ended up they were on sale for $4.99 so my purchase equaled $109.98...I had a brief panic then threw a pack of gum in to get me over my $110...whew! Haha!

Thanks for these replies. Looking on Google I found an offer for a $20 membership directly through Sam's. I was able to purchase it on my phone, create a new login, and then login to the app. I'm hoping that will let me bypass getting a membership card from the customer service desk. My Sam's membership expired in July but I suspect I am not technically a new customer. I might have been able to get a slightly better deal with Groupon and a cash back site but this was easier and less risky.
I never get a physical card, just use the app, for both in store and at the gas pumps.

A question about the Target circle deal (mine is $20 for two $90 purchases): I know that the $20 can't be used for gift cards, but can I pay for part of a $90 purchase with a Target gift card?

Does anyone know if Old Navy sells third party GC's? There is a Chase offer for 15% back and I swore I have seen them there before years ago...

If I am able to purchase the Disney eGift cards from Sam’s, can they be combined the the physical gift card I have?
I have no experience with eGift cards.
Thanks.

Does anyone know if Old Navy sells third party GC's? There is a Chase offer for 15% back and I swore I have seen them there before years ago...
googling says some do some don't. maybe call the store near you first? I have 20% back so that'd be great...

Went to Target today and made two purchases of $110. The first checkmark still wasn't showing from my first purchase but after I made my two purchases today, all three circles got checked off and I got my $30. Grateful it worked! Funny thing though for my second purchase I had $100 gift card and 2 boxes of hot cocoa that were marked $5.79 each. Ended up they were on sale for $4.99 so my purchase equaled $109.98...I had a brief panic then threw a pack of gum in to get me over my $110...whew! Haha!
Good to know. I am going tomorrow.

Is it tonight? I was thinking it was tomorrow night.
Oops! You're right...the doobusters start on Nov 3...so 10pm on Nov 2 for Plus Members.

I'll still need a nap! I have to work 0500-1700 (or later!) tomorrow. I doubt I will still be awake at 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter