[/QUOTE]
I am considering using Chase Pay Yourself Back to purchase Disney gift cards at Lowe's at 1.5 cents per UR with my CSR. I thought I'd check here first to make sure that no one has run into problems doing this. I'll also check on the I love credit cards thread.

I have been using the chase pay yourself back feature and buying $500 Visa gift cards (I have 800,000 ultimate rewards points saved up). I have had no problem getting paid back fro buying a $500 visa gift card at Stop & Shop and also at a Walmart Supercenter. If you do plan on buying gift cards at Walmart, MAKE SURE to do a trial run on a small item first as not all Walmart Supercenters code as grocery.

I have been using the chase pay yourself back feature and buying $500 Visa gift cards (I have 800,000 ultimate rewards points saved up). I have had no problem getting paid back fro buying a $500 visa gift card at Stop & Shop and also at a Walmart Supercenter. If you do plan on buying gift cards at Walmart, MAKE SURE to do a trial run on a small item first as not all Walmart Supercenters code as grocery.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the advice. Walmart would be more convenient. I'll try a small purchase.

Thanks for the advice. Walmart would be more convenient. I'll try a small purchase.
[/QUOTE]
Pay attention to which register you use. I found different registers code differently

Pay attention to which register you use. I found different registers code differently
[/QUOTE]
I used the self checkout one time and a regular cashier the next time. I think the ones that code differently will be at customer service where they sell money orders which probably won't code as grocery.

It can also depend on which side of the store you check out on I believe with the registers on the grocery side coding as grocery and the registers on the other side not coding as grocery.

Just a random Sam’s Club data point - on Jan 15, I bought 2 DoorDash gift cards online (like the Disney GCs, 2 is the stated maximum per member). Since then, I’ve tried maybe 4 times over the last 2 weeks to buy more. Every time I get a message that I’ve exceeded the maximum number per member. I’ve tried different browsers. I’ve added them to my cart before logging in, but they “poof” from my cart once I log in. It’s annoying because we use DoorDash a LOT, but I’m just hoping this doesn’t carry over to Disney GCs (which I’ve bought multiple sets of in the same time period).

One last DP - my cash back from Rakuten has been tracking for my Sam’s Club Disney GC only purchases.

Just a random Sam’s Club data point - on Jan 15, I bought 2 DoorDash gift cards online (like the Disney GCs, 2 is the stated maximum per member). Since then, I’ve tried maybe 4 times over the last 2 weeks to buy more. Every time I get a message that I’ve exceeded the maximum number per member. I’ve tried different browsers. I’ve added them to my cart before logging in, but they “poof” from my cart once I log in. It’s annoying because we use DoorDash a LOT, but I’m just hoping this doesn’t carry over to Disney GCs (which I’ve bought multiple sets of in the same time period).

One last DP - my cash back from Rakuten has been tracking for my Sam’s Club Disney GC only purchases.
Hope they don’t do that to the disney gc

Added Offer ~ 2/01/21 Hello February! :cold:

Discount District
Dollar General: Save 15% On Select Gift Cards
Includes: Chili’s, IHOP, Domino’s & Brinker​
Expires 2/06/21. GC Galore

Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On *3rd Party Gift Cards
Limit 10. Direct link to offer.​
*Excludes: Amazon, Meijer, iTunes, Gaming, Sling TV, Google Play, CBS All Access, Spotify, HBO NOW, Steam, Phone cards, Prepaid debit, Visa, Mastercard and American Express.​
Expires 2/13/21. :thumbsup2 @Phatscott25

Price Chopper (NY/PA): Earn 5x Points On All 3rd Party Gift Cards
Expires 2/14/21. GC Galore

Publix:
  • Buy $50 Visa Gift Cards & save $10 when you purchase $50 or more of groceries
  • Buy $50 Mastercard Gift Cards & save $10 when you purchase $50 or more of groceries
Rite Aid:
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 Wellness+ Rewards BonusCash:
    • Golden Corral, Spa & Wellness
  • Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Wellness+ Rewards BonusCash:
    • Old Navy, Gap Options
    • Limit 2 per customer per gift card pairing.
    • Expires 2/06/21. GC Galore
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Delta Amex Offer: Spend $200 & Get $40 Back
Expires 3/31/21. Doctor of Credit

Hilton/Marriott/Delta Amex Offers: Spend $5-$20 On Dining & Get $5-$20 Back
Monthly Benefit. Expires 12/31/21. GC Galore Be sure to read!​

MISC.
Ibotta
- Targeted Gift Card Offers
  • Ibotta is offering increased cashback rates on the following:
    • Michaels – 20%
    • AutoZone – 15%
    • Domino’s – 15%
    • DSW – 15%
    • Old Navy – 15%
    • Bed Bath & Beyond – 10%
    • Chili’s 10%
    • GameStop – 10%
    • Panera Bread – 10%
  • Limit varies per transaction & $250 total per rolling 24 hours. Direct link to offer.
  • Expiry dates unknown. Link
Southwest Shopping Portal: “Mystery Bonus” offer

• During the “Mystery Bonus” offer, which runs from February 1, 2021 through February 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Bonus Period”), Rapid Rewards Shopping member will earn a one-time bonus of up to 1,000 Rapid Rewards bonus points on qualifying purchases, in addition to the standard points earned from shopping online through Rapid Rewards Shopping.
  • The Southwest shopping portal is offering the following deal:

Be careful which card you use for shopping and car rentals that need added protections.

Many Visa Cards Losing Benefits Beginning February 2021 (Extended Warranty, Auto Rental Insurance, Purchase Protection)
  • U.S. Bank various cards
  • Elan cards
  • Rakuten Visa card
  • Synchrony cards
  • Comenity cards
  • Bank of America Cash Rewards (auto rental benefit being removed)
To learn more go to Doctor of Credit

FREE $3-$5 eGift Card for Verizon Up Rewards Members & Free 1-Year Discovery+ Subscription :thumbsup2 Hip2Save

Toys ‘R’ US Closes Its 2 Remaining Stores Just 1 Year After Opening
The two Toys ‘R’ Us locations that opened as part of a small U.S. comeback attempt have now been closed. The stores at the Galleria mall in Houston and the Garden State Plaza in Paramus, New Jersey both closed their doors for good in January according to a report from Bloomberg News.

Hope they don’t do that to the disney gc

That has happened a few times, it usually "resets" after a few weeks. For Disney GC, I switched to the $75 until I was able to buy the $50 again.

There's nothing to transfer. You just need to make sure you have your physical cards (or details) available in order to use them.

What I meant was if you don't have your gift card that you combined all of your gift cards onto anymore, then you want to transfer all the money onto a new gift card that you have in your possession before they do the update tomorrow.

Ahh I see. I have my physical cards so I'll reenter them tomorrow with my Disney login.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter