Updated Cuban Travel Restrictions (announced 4.17.19)???

Dannielle

Mouseketeer
Is anyone aware how to the new revised Cuban Travel Restrictions will impact the Cruise industry?
on 4/17/19 it was announced that US Citizens will only be authorized to travel to Cuba for family visits.
Based on what I read, it seems that US Citizens would not be able to enter the country via Cruise Ships. This new change is supposed to go into effect on May 2nd of this year.

I have attempted to get an answer from our Cruise Line....but they keep saying they are researching it.
Final payment for the trip is coming up....and I am really hoping to know what is what before then...so we still have the option to change our plans. (i know i can purchase insurance, but the deposit was only $50....so in this case losing the deposit is much cheaper than purchasing the insurance)

Please let me know if you have heard anything. I'm sure that whatever impact or changes this new rule has with impact RCL, NCL and Carnival in the same way. So if you have any updates from your Cruise Line, please share.

That would be terrible if they tell you instead of Havana you are now going to Cozumel. They won't cancel just send you to another destination.

That would be terrible if they tell you instead of Havana you are now going to Cozumel. They won't cancel just send you to another destination.

I am actually hoping that they will add a port...I really dont care which one. I just hope that they dont decide to add another Sea Day.

Cuba is protecting Maduro and things are getting pretty dicey in Venezuela. I would be prepared for the possibility the Havana port to be cancelled. It may not happen but I would assume it’s a possibility.

I have friends on Norwegian Sun today where they expect to be in Havana

last night when the ship fell out of range of AIS tracking from the US stations they were headed straight for Havana. Cuba does not participate in 'Marinetraffic.com' so not SURE they got there ... but AIS/MarineTraffic doesn't show them anyplace else.

They boarded Monday and NO port changes were announced.

Folks are reading TOO MUCH into the recent announcement/changes . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter