Updated 03/12/2012 - Dreams-Special Menus Walt's+Silver Spur-(Photos)Food and Show

When I ate in California Grill in June, the CM on the front desk told me that their VIP Dreams meal with viewing from the Castle Club balcony would not be available after end of September, as I was thinking of this for my October trip.

When I ate in California Grill in June, the CM on the front desk told me that their VIP Dreams meal with viewing from the Castle Club balcony would not be available after end of September, as I was thinking of this for my October trip.

That's what they said about all Dreams meals :rotfl:so if they are continuing with the Walt's-Silver Spur-BL variety .....? maybe the Cali Grill will also follow suit :goodvibes

The first reservation time for C.Grill in June was 6.15pm. Assuming park closing time could be 8pm or earlier in October, it doesn't really allow enough time to have a 3 course meal then get to the balcony to watch Dreams. I did look at the Dreams menu in CG and it may have had 4 courses. I should have taken a photo. I took photos of the other new menus but not this one as it is separate, kept at the front desk.
I assumed the timing was the reason they would stop doing the VIP Meals here.

The Dreams meals in Walt's, BL and SS may only be for lunchtime rather than dinner when Dreams is on earlier.

The first reservation time for C.Grill in June was 6.15pm. Assuming park closing time could be 8pm or earlier in October, it doesn't really allow enough time to have a 3 course meal then get to the balcony to watch Dreams. I did look at the Dreams menu in CG and it may have had 4 courses. I should have taken a photo. I took photos of the other new menus but not this one as it is separate, kept at the front desk.
I assumed the timing was the reason they would stop doing the VIP Meals here.

The Dreams meals in Walt's, BL and SS may only be for lunchtime rather than dinner when Dreams is on earlier.

Could be easily done at weekends especially in October as later hours due to holidays and Halloween

Re menu * I posted it back on the 19th of April

A cocktail of your choice at café Fantasia and an exceptional meal at the California Grill, followed by access to the Founders Club (located next to the lounge of the Castle Club) to see the show Dreams!, While enjoying champagne and sweets . (its broadcast live)

Adult menu

Magical Appetizers (your guess is as good as mine ;))

Starters

Foie Gras cooked 2 ways : Semi cooked with gingerbread and Pan fried with red fruit compote
OR Tempura Salmon, Scrambled Egg White with Aquitaine caviar and sauce Piquillos

Main Course

Lotte and roasted cod served with a chorizo crumble and a clam ​​risotto
OR Surf and Turf, lobster and beef fillet, served with vegetables of the moment.

Ripened cheese and candied peel

Coffee and a parade of desserts

Wines

Cigalus IGP Pays d'Oc (white or red) 15cl
OR The selection of our wine Banyuls 15cl
Mineral water 50cl

;)

Yes, it would make a difference at weekends or school holidays with later park hours.
When I ate in C.Grill in June the new Gourmet Chef had arrived 10 days previously, and menus were changed. I saw this mentioned on twitter, so knew that the menu on DLRPMagic was no longer current.

I can't remember the menu for the Dreams meal but this could also have changed in June.

Not wishing to go off topic, but having watched Dreams from the Founders Club balcony I much prefer being in front of the Castle in the park for view and atmosphere. It was a great experience, but you can't see the whole show - parts of it are hidden by buildings in Main Street, and it is too far away to see the projections properly. The music is also quite faint.
Great views of the lasers and fountains though.
The meal is no doubt excellent ( as mine was ) but I wouldn't recommend paying € 199 if your main reason is to see Dreams from the balcony. You miss quite a lot of the detail.

Thank you SOOOO much for all this information and continuing to update it :worship:
I'm still very confused as to whether it's worth doing assuming it is continuing to October. But I am very appreciative for all the information so it is a very informed decision.

Is the €199 Cali Grill package paying much more for the meal than you would be if you price out the items on the menu? I get the feeling from the other comments the €40 package you are paying more for the food than paying off the menu so I'm just wondering if this is the same with the Cali Grill?

Also I note early on people were offered the package having not prebooked. Do you think this will be possible in October given the lower crowd levels? How late could I leave booking and the package?
AND....could I book the package and then change my mind on the day? I am not at all familiar with the rules of booking at DLP...and customs?

Thanks so much
:goodvibes:

Yes, it would make a difference at weekends or school holidays with later park hours.
When I ate in C.Grill in June the new Gourmet Chef had arrived 10 days previously, and menus were changed. I saw this mentioned on twitter, so knew that the menu on DLRPMagic was no longer current.

I can't remember the menu for the Dreams meal but this could also have changed in June.

Yep I've seen the new menu for the restaurant but not heard of or seen a new one for Dreams. I don't know if they have many people in there as reports are very few and far between of the meal

What is odd is that the "new" chef that they have now, Philippe Geneletti, was already down as the chef back at the start of April on the flyers that were available and the difference in presentation of the food and the main menu is like night and day :confused3

Thank you SOOOO much for all this information and continuing to update it :worship:
I'm still very confused as to whether it's worth doing assuming it is continuing to October. But I am very appreciative for all the information so it is a very informed decision.

Is the €199 Cali Grill package paying much more for the meal than you would be if you price out the items on the menu? I get the feeling from the other comments the €40 package you are paying more for the food than paying off the menu so I'm just wondering if this is the same with the Cali Grill?

Also I note early on people were offered the package having not prebooked. Do you think this will be possible in October given the lower crowd levels? How late could I leave booking and the package?
AND....could I book the package and then change my mind on the day? I am not at all familiar with the rules of booking at DLP...and customs?

Thanks so much
:goodvibes:

Looking at the 40€ menus you are paying roughly 6€ for your place in the reserved Dreams area as a set 3 course meal at BL and Walt's is 34€ so I don't think it's too bad.

California Grill is different as you are getting "an experience" not just a meal - you've got the apertif to start, the champagne at the end, you are sitting down to see Dreams in a private area that the general public are not going to be anywhere near etc etc

Is it worth it ? Question of opinion..I wouldn't pay 199€ for it when I could go and eat in a Michelin restaurant in Paris for less but I'm not the best person to ask as I'm not a die hard Disney Fan

I didn't like the look of the food coming out of CG and the menu doesn't appeal to me food wise

The CG menu has to be booked with the concierge at DLH so you'd have to see with them the conditions of cancellation etc

The standard menus can be booked 60 days before then cancelled on the day if you wanted without any payment or penalty.

You don't have to reserve it at all as they will offer you it when you are seated in the restaurant

Or of course you can also change your mind when seated if you have booked it and order off the main menu as nothing is decided in advance.

:goodvibes

Looking at the 40€ menus you are paying roughly 6€ for your place in the reserved Dreams area as a set 3 course meal at BL and Walt's is 34€ so I don't think it's too bad.

California Grill is different as you are getting "an experience" not just a meal - you've got the apertif to start, the champagne at the end, you are sitting down to see Dreams in a private area that the general public are not going to be anywhere near etc etc

Is it worth it ? Question of opinion..I wouldn't pay 199€ for it when I could go and eat in a Michelin restaurant in Paris for less but I'm not the best person to ask as I'm not a die hard Disney Fan

I didn't like the look of the food coming out of CG and the menu doesn't appeal to me food wise

The CG menu has to be booked with the concierge at DLH so you'd have to see with them the conditions of cancellation etc

The standard menus can be booked 60 days before then cancelled on the day if you wanted without any payment or penalty.

You don't have to reserve it at all as they will offer you it when you are seated in the restaurant

Or of course you can also change your mind when seated if you have booked it and order off the main menu as nothing is decided in advance.

Thanks for the additional bits of info. Matches largely my assumptions but I appreciate the clarity.

I agree very much you are paying for an experience and while I realise the food may not be the best in the world...I do know DBF might want to try dining there so I'm just wondering (if anyone happened to know or knew the restaurant well enough to 'work it out') if you were paying 'a lot' for that experience. Because for me if he wants to try there ANYWAY I would like the experience...but it does depend a bit on finances and if any good news lands this way for once :rolleyes1 :lmao:
As I say...just trying to have all the information rolling around in the head to work it out.
DBF is a foodie so will likely pick out if the food isn't the best but at the same time we are both Disney nuts so...:scratchin that location does matter too.

As for the bit I've bolded. Does that mean that you don't book through the normal dining number? :confused3 Do you need to be staying on site?

Thanks again. :flower3:

You don't have to be on site but you have to call them directly. You can't make reservations through the normal restaurant reservations number.

The number for the DLH is 00 33 1 60 45 65 00

If you look over at the other thread for the CG you've got some pictures of food that I've linked from May this year

Since then you've got some from June which are a net improvement plus the latest tasting menu

Thanks for the additional bits of info. Matches largely my assumptions but I appreciate the clarity.

I agree very much you are paying for an experience and while I realise the food may not be the best in the world...I do know DBF might want to try dining there so I'm just wondering (if anyone happened to know or knew the restaurant well enough to 'work it out') if you were paying 'a lot' for that experience. Because for me if he wants to try there ANYWAY I would like the experience...but it does depend a bit on finances and if any good news lands this way for once :rolleyes1 :lmao:
As I say...just trying to have all the information rolling around in the head to work it out.
DBF is a foodie so will likely pick out if the food isn't the best but at the same time we are both Disney nuts so...:scratchin that location does matter too.

As for the bit I've bolded. Does that mean that you don't book through the normal dining number? :confused3 Do you need to be staying on site?

Thanks again. :flower3:

I ate at CG a few years ago (obviously not the dreams package) and the food was amazing. We did the tasting menu where there were about 8 courses and the food was chosen for you. I cant remember how much it cost but it was no where near 199 Euros - possibly about 60E per person. The prices have obviously gone up a lot in the past few yrs but it still looks to me as though you are paying a lot for the experience.
The normal menu for CG may have changed by the time you go as its seasonal but my advice would be to go into DLH and check the normal menu (its outside the restaurant), then go to the concierge and ask about the experience and then you can make an informed decision - either way Im sure you will love the food there if you are a foodie.

And no you dont need to be staying onsite to eat there

I'm looking but I haven't found a CG thread yet :confused:

The "Tasting Menu" according to DLRP magic site is currently
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/california-grill/
Tasting Menu ... €99.50

Appetizers
House foie gras in a spice bread crust, candied Provins rose petals and Sichuan pepper sorbet
Scrambled egg white and French caviar, piquillo pepper coulis
Surf and turf platter (1/2 lobster and 1/2 Carolais beef fillet) with garnishes
Our cheese trolley
Fresh fruit and chocolate fondue

So yeah...it's a "lot" for the experience depending on how you value the apertif and champange. Because the drinks are the KILLER at EVERY restaurant in DLRP....
Although I could get an appetiser, top main, and dessert for under 100...

ETA - found it and bumped it up...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2930651&highlight=california+grill
Very appreciative for that link. Which includes photos looking out etc.

I think the crux of it will be if we feel we'll have time to enjoy the moment and if we are happy with the menu.
Any WDW people familiar with Bay Lake Tower and that members have access to a club on the roof which has views across the the castle and "Wishes" I do actually 'get' now the difference. And as I've seen Wishes lots of times and that half the magic is in the music, watching it from your room balcony or the club is special.
So THIS could be equally special. But the view is NEVER as good as being in front of the castle and we would probably want to see it in front of the castle before doing this CG package anyway so we 'knew' it.

Anyway. All info taken on board to think now. At least we can decide closer to the time. Unlike WDW where you book 180 days out or ELSE :lmao:

I'm looking but I haven't found a CG thread yet :confused:

The "Tasting Menu" according to DLRP magic site is currently
http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/dining/restaurant-menus/california-grill/
Tasting Menu ... €99.50

Appetizers
House foie gras in a spice bread crust, candied Provins rose petals and Sichuan pepper sorbet
Scrambled egg white and French caviar, piquillo pepper coulis
Surf and turf platter (1/2 lobster and 1/2 Carolais beef fillet) with garnishes
Our cheese trolley
Fresh fruit and chocolate fondue

Sorry I forgot the link :rotfl: That's what you get being here and watching the Olympics at the same time ;)

As you can see that menu is out of date. I'll translate on the other thread as this thread is more concerning the 40€ menu than the CG experience :goodvibes

Just for info the photos from May reflect that menu ^^ and that's what makes me go euh for 100€ I want more than that

Sorry I forgot the link :rotfl: That's what you get being here and watching the Olympics at the same time ;)

As you can see that menu is out of date. I'll translate on the other thread as this thread is more concerning the 40€ menu than the CG experience :goodvibes

Just for info the photos from May reflect that menu ^^ and that's what makes me go euh for 100€ I want more than that
My point in mentioning THAT was because it is comparing to the mention of the tasting menu being "60E" a few years ago...
Only reason for bringing it up....
And I agree....that tasting menu ain't appetising for that price

As for the Olympics...yesh...that Mountain Bike course was designed by a sadist!!!
But it's just...you....can't.....take....your....eyes....away....

Sorry for distracting away from the 40Euro which yes this is mainly about...

My point in mentioning THAT was because it is comparing to the mention of the tasting menu being "60E" a few years ago...
Only reason for bringing it up....
And I agree....that tasting menu ain't appetising for that price

As for the Olympics...yesh...that Mountain Bike course was designed by a sadist!!!
But it's just...you....can't.....take....your....eyes....away....

Sorry for distracting away from the 40Euro which yes this is mainly about...

I only guessed at it being 60E a few yrs ago - I did a review in the restaurant sticky and checked it earlier as I thought Id put the price but hadnt. It was definitely worth the money though

Edited to add - Ive just found a picture of the menu we had and the taster menu was 71 Euros - that was in Feb 09

Has anyone seen any current menus or photos for the Dreams meals in Walt's, BL or SSS with the added choices please? Been looking around online but not seen any recent ones yet.

Thanks.

Bumping this to see if anyone knows what the updated menus are. Figgygirl did you manage to find them? I've booked blue lagoon but now i'm not too sure.......:scratchin

Bumping this to see if anyone knows what the updated menus are. Figgygirl did you manage to find them? I've booked blue lagoon but now i'm not too sure.......:scratchin

Bumping again, seeing as I'm curious too! Would love to book this for our October trip and for November with my mum if me and the boyfriend like it in October... Would be perfect for her, not having to wait long yet still getting a great view and I think she'll love the food!
Tough I would like some security as to there being steak on the menu, seeing as I am quite fussy and don't like any other items on the menu but the childrens choices. :goodvibes

Sorry - I havn't come across any new menus yet, but I will be there from 3rd to 5th October, ( hurrah! ) so will be checking this.
People are booking Dreams Meals for October, so seems they have extended them beyond their original proposed end date of 30th September, but I havn't heard about November yet.

A poster on this forum thread recently tried to book Walt's for Dreams dinner on weekend 27th / 28th October and was told it is only open for lunch, and closed on Monday. They were able to book Blue Lagoon for Dreams dinner instead.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTo...e_la_Vallee_Seine_et_Marne_Ile_de_France.html

Personally I like to be right in front of the Castle to watch Dreams, so the VIP area doesn't appeal to me. Good for those who don't want to get a place early though, especially if they have young children, with space for buggies / pushchairs.

Say hi / buonasera to Italian Guest Flow CM named Lino if he is still there - lovely chap, very friendly. He told me he is employed just for Dreams Guest Flow - lucky man!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/figgygirl/7440071832/in/set-72157630252894058

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter