• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update to Park Reservation System

JLitfin

love Disney
I read this morning that there's updates to the Park Reservation System. One update is if you own more than 1 multi-day tickets you can pick which ticket to use at the time of making your park reservation. I've had my park reservations reserved for our Dec trip for a while now. Since I have two 10 day non-expiration tickets, I'm now showing up twice on My Disney Experience site and can't figure out how to pick which ticket I want to use for our upcoming December trip. Do I just cancel the one park reservation linked to the ticket I don't want to use; I'm nervous I might lose my park reservation. Can anyone help. Thanks.

I read this morning that there's updates to the Park Reservation System. One update is if you own more than 1 multi-day tickets you can pick which ticket to use at the time of making your park reservation. I've had my park reservations reserved for our Dec trip for a while now. Since I have two 10 day non-expiration tickets, I'm now showing up twice on My Disney Experience site and can't figure out how to pick which ticket I want to use for our upcoming December trip. Do I just cancel the one park reservation linked to the ticket I don't want to use; I'm nervous I might lose my park reservation. Can anyone help. Thanks.
I just went through canceling multiple park reservations because one member of my party has 2 passes and was holding a park reservation on each pass for every day of our visit. So I went through and canceled all of the park reservations attached to ticket xxx2 and that left all of the park reservations for ticket xxx1 intact.

I'm still wondering how duplicate park reservations were made for each day for the same person. Everyone else in my traveling party was unaffected.

I just went through canceling multiple park reservations because one member of my party has 2 passes and was holding a park reservation on each pass for every day of our visit. So I went through and canceled all of the park reservations attached to ticket xxx2 and that left all of the park reservations for ticket xxx1 intact.

I'm still wondering how duplicate park reservations were made for each day for the same person. Everyone else in my traveling party was unaffected.
Thanks, it worked. I was afraid of losing my reservation.

They ran a script that booked a park pass for every ticket you have attached to your profile. All my non-expiring tickets and AP vouchers got a park pass:

1661305520927.png

Same thing happened to me. Do I dare try to correct it by deleting some park reservations? What's everyone else doing?
I deleted the extra park reservations. My friend has 2 tickets associated with her profile and she had duplicate park reservations for each. I didn't want her to tap in on her second day and have a day taken off of a different park ticket than the one that was used on the first day.

I've had an Epcot reservation made using our APs for several months now. Within the last couple of weeks, I bought 1-day PHs. When I read the announcement, I made a new reservation tied to the 1-day PHs and deleted my old reservation. Nothing new is showing up in MDE. I'm like Marionette; I didn't want it to mess with our APs.

Same thing happened to me. Do I dare try to correct it by deleting some park reservations? What's everyone else doing?
I deleted the extras. it's just a script they ran that didn't account for that situation. it'd be really tricky to create another to correct it after the fact so most likely it'll stay they way. it doesnt hurt to leave it alone though

I wanted to share my experience with this update... We're at WDW now. Arrived on the 23rd. I had park reservations for the entire travel party before the update, which is only the 3 of us - wifey, kiddo, and myself. After the update, my wife was removed from all our park reservations. Thank goodness I check MDE frequently while here. While my wife was shopping in Disney Springs, I called Disney ticketing and the callback was first 25 minutes. Called me back and the line went dead. I called again, and the callback was now 50 minutes! I remembered that someone on these boards mentioned that Disney Springs has a guest services. Asked around, got there, NO LINE, and they fixed it. Not right away - took a few phone calls from the CM there - but he fixed it.

So check your park reservations to make sure that everyone who is supposed to be there is actually there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter