UPDATE!... ScavengEar Hunt in Key West

Hopkins

DIS Veteran
Well, it's official! Our little group is at the half century count! We are at 50 people! It's going to be so much fun with such a crowd. Any more? I see some new folks, lately.

We have the following people pre-registered. Welcome Aboard!

dan and scott (Dan & Scott) - 2
cdnmickeylover (Fiona & Jim) - 2
Viking (Eric & Anja) - 2
DizneeDenna (Denna & David) - 2
Hopkins (Tina & Bill) - 2
RellingTwin (Mary, George, Regina & George) - 4
Twinave (Ave, Mark, Mary & Casey) - 4
Windermere (Nancy & George) - 2
scootersmom (Colleen, Don & Josh & Mandy) - 4
Missy and Tammy (Missy & Tammy) - 2
@GoofyNut (Cathy & Art) - 2
papa (Mike & Kathy) - 2
padisneyfan (Nancy & Norm) - 2
bettemom (Kim, Bette, Joseph & Jada) -4
Sarah'sMomfromPA (Mary Jo, Sam & Sarah) - 3
alikat99 (Amy, Chris & Emily) - 3
Okwmiester (Doug, Christy, Cori & Connor) - 4
pohnate (Nate & Jean) - 2
Chuck and Dean (Chuck & Dean) - 2

That's 50 people!!!!!

www.keywesthunt.com

*Cost?
It's $20/person for 3 hours. Kids 10 years and under are FREE. Prepayment by check is required three months prior to excursion (July). They don't take credit cards. If we miss Key West, the checks will be refunded. Make sure you have your return address on your check! I'll provide an address and more info on this in July so we can mail our checks to them.

*Place and time?
We are going to meet on Sunday, October 12th, 2003 at 1PM in front of the stairs to the Hilton Hotel Lobby. It's to the right of the red brick building (Custom House) as you leave the ship. The Magic usually docks in front of the Hilton Hotel.

*Electric Cart?
If one needs an electric cart, the scavenger hunt people can point you in the right direction to rent one. The two electric cart places they use are Key West Cruisers @ (305)294-4724 http://keywest.com/keywestcruisers/ on Truman Ave at Truman and Duval and Reef Mobile (formerly Randal J Scooters) @ (305) 296-0208 www.reefmobile.com on Greene Street (near Sloppy Joes Bar on Duval). The Reef Mobile Electric Carts are themed, but have changed management and are going to be themed according to "reefs", like shark, manatee, dolphin, baracouda or octopus in a reef theme instead of the polka-dotted one on the hunt website. Call these companies to make reservations if you require an electric cart. An electric cart isn't necessary to experience this tour.

*Sites?
Southermost Point, Hemmingways House, Shipwreck, Cigar Place, Shrimp Dock and off the wall places you might not normally have known about. The normal Key West sites plus some interesting wacky ones, too. Learn about interesting facts and trivia of these landmarks and sites.

*Hunting for objects?
In addition to searching for the sites and answering the clues (all for points are counted at the end for prizes), there is an object named "PINKY". He is their mascot and if you find him, he is worth an extra 50 points. People in Key West know of Pinky the Flamingo. He's famous. As our award winning scavenger hunt is, too. At the end of the hunt, people gather at the "mystery location" for the awards ceremony where all the points are tallied and stories of our hunt are told.

That's it for now. They will be checking in on us to give our group more information, so they will be posting shortly and I will also. If more people want to join the group, just reply to this thread. If I missed someone, sorry. Just remind me, and I'll add you.

Tina :bounce:

Oops!, this should be a "reply" for the post Cruise 10/11/03.

I tried to delete it, but it doesn't let me. If you happen to see it, delete it. If you are wondering what a scavenger hunt is, go to the website listed. It should be fun.

You'll need to let us know how the scavenger hunt in Key WEst goes. I'm putting this on my to do list for June 2004 Western Cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter