Update: Pray for Dom- Dom has passed, His Services, Thank You- Page 48 post 949

I have sad news to share. Dom passed away last evening. He suffered so much these last eight years, but the last few years, and especially the last few months have been horrible for him. I'm so thankful to God that He finally took Dom home. Thank you so very much to all of my DIS friends who have prayed for Dom and our family, and kept him in your thoughts all these years. You will never be forgotten.

I posted an update on FB this morning, and I will copy and paste it here.

"My dear nephew, Dominic, is now in the arms of Jesus after passing away last evening at his long-term care facility. While driving to Miami from Cape Coral, FL, where his dad and stepmom had recently moved to from NJ, to visit his hometown friend and college roommate, Dom had a devastating car accident almost 8 years ago in Deerfield Beach, FL, on March 24, 2016. He suffered a severe anoxic brain injury as a result of a non-fatal drowning after his car entered the canal. Dom had been treated over the years at every level of neuro-care, but sadly never gained conscious thought or ability.

Thank you to all who prayed for Dom and our family over the years, and who contributed to the fundraiser for Dom's care, and to my brother and Dom's mom when they were living in Florida for the months Dom was in the trauma center. It was by the grace of God that we were able to secure a medical jet to fly him back to NJ three months after the accident to continue his care here. So many miracles happened along the way, and I wish the one we were all praying for came to be, but God had other plans.

We're so grateful Dom is no longer suffering here on earth, and that he is in heaven with his dad, Nick, his Grandpop, Nick Sr, his Grandmom Kathy, and all of his other relatives who have passed. I hope Dom and my brother are doing what they loved, golfing and fishing, and I hope my dad is giving Dom some really big hugs.

Dom grew up in Glassboro and Williamstown, and went to Glassboro public schools from kindergarten through 8th grade. He was a HS graduate of St. Augustine Preparatory School in Richland, NJ, and a graduate of the University of Miami. He grew up playing ice hockey and soccer, and loved the Philadelphia Flyers and Eagles. As a young adult he became an avid golfer, and was a very good one.

Our Uncle Leo instilled the love of Disney in all of us, including Dom, and Dom and his dad began taking family trips with Uncle Leo and the rest of us back in 1995, with many more trips to come. As a Star Wars fan, he was so looking forward to the opening of Star Wars Galaxy's Edge, and it makes me sad that he never got to experience it. We made so many memories at Walt Disney World as a family, from Dom's dad and bonus mom, Jenny, getting married at Disney's Polynesian Resort, to Dom's cousin Mike, and his wife, Steph getting engaged during Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, from all the silly golf tournaments we held, to so many fun antics Dom and his cousins and friends got in to. Disney is definitely not the same without Dom and my brother, and my Uncle Leo being there with us, but they are always there in spirit with us.

Dom will be so missed by his mom Patty and sister Cecilia, his Grandmom Ginny, many aunts and uncles, especially Harry and I and Dom's Aunt Mare and Uncle Bubba/Vince, his bonus mom Jenny, and bonus sister, Cindi, cousins and friends. We are so grateful for the time we had with Dom here on earth. He was funny, sweet, kind, considerate, smart, shy, and loving. While we are all going to miss him terribly, and essentially have been missing him so much for these past 8 years since the accident, Dom is going to be particularly missed by his cousins, Joe, Mike and Lauren, whom he grew up with and had a special bond with, and their spouses, Chara-Lee, Steph, and Patrick, whom he became very close to. Until the day we're all together again, we love you so much, Dom. We'll keep your memory alive for the little guys, and Amirah, and you'll never ever be forgotten. Finally, you can rest in peace."

Attachments

• Dominic THV 2010.jpg
    Dominic THV 2010.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 28

I’m catching up and want to send my dearest condolences to your family, Teresa. I admire the strength and commitment your family has maintained through the years even while enduring additional losses since Dom’s tragic accident. May God bless all of you and let Dom have some Disney fun in heaven with his family there. We have to believe there’s a better place afterwards.

Oh Theresa... such a sad conclusion to Dom's story, but how freeing for him as his struggles became so much greater as the years passed. I know your family will take comfort from the love you share, and the love you had for Dom. May his memory be a blessing.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My niece suffered with Lupus and passed almost nine years ago. Our only solace when she passed was knowing she was no longer suffering. Prayers to you and your family and may you find peace during this difficult time.

So sorry for your loss but take solace in the fact that he know longer feels the pain in his earthly body and his spirit now lives on in all that knew and loved him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter