Update on New waitlist Policy

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
Can't find the other thread, just thought I'd relate this info

MS called to let me know that an additional day became available while I was out; left message to call back within close of business next day. It was within 30 days, i had given up & made other arrangements, so i declined.

Got to talking w/customer service who confirmed "off the record" that the new policy was primarily intended to cut down on professional renter abuse. Evidently, it was common practice for owners to book prime weeks @ 11 months @ home resort, then waitlist for ALL the other resorts during peak times and book them ALL as they became available.

You can still waitlist for all the resorts - just must take the 1st that becomes available. Told this is to even the playing field and allow a better chance for people hoping to complete a ressie (waiting for a day or 2?) success.

No effect on booking a ressie @ 11 month mark, then booking a 2nd @ 7 month on a day-by-day basis (as long as points are available in your account) with intent to cancel the 1st res once the 2nd is secured.:thumbsup2

sounds like they need to go back to their first policy.

if you didn't already have some days in the week you want - then forget it.

they only use to put people on the waiting list you had some of the days that they needed - just not all of them.

they only use to put people on the waiting list you had some of the days that they needed - just not all of them.
Pat, I'm not aware of a time when the wait list was limited to those that already had part of the days reserved, the only requirement was that you wanted it and it was not availalbe.

Pat, I'm not aware of a time when the wait list was limited to those that already had part of the days reserved, the only requirement was that you wanted it and it was not availalbe.

believe me at first when I just loved to do last minute trips - if you couldn't get at least one day - then they won't put you on the wait list. that was what I got told.

then the wait list was only for members who had at least one day. 93 to 95 at least - then I got better luck with my last minute trips. (of course OKW was finally finished then too)

believe me at first when I just loved to do last minute trips - if you couldn't get at least one day - then they won't put you on the wait list. that was what I got told.

then the wait list was only for members who had at least one day. 93 to 95 at least - then I got better luck with my last minute trips. (of course OKW was finally finished then too)
This wasn't my experience in 94 & 95. Sounds more like a zealous CM than a real policy, manybe someone else who's been around that long can add information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter