Update on my niece (Zoe)

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
My SIL got another ultrasound this morning and the doctors have decided that they will check her blood (or amniotic fluid - I'm not sure which) three times a week and hold off as long as they can before transfusing her blood, so that she can get as big and strong as she can before they do it. So, it doesn't seem that it's as urgent as they thought yesterday, but they say she will definitely have it done when they feel they must.

I wonder if your SIL can have Epogen injections? These injections help bring up the blood count, tho I don't know if it is safe for pregnant women to have these injections. I would probably have to look it up in my medication book.

Prayers for your SIL and Zoe.

Rosemarie :flower:

roseprincess said:
I wonder if your SIL can have Epogen injections? These injections help bring up the blood count, tho I don't know if it is safe for pregnant women to have these injections. I would probably have to look it up in my medication book.

Prayers for your SIL and Zoe.

I don't think that would work because it is the baby that they are thinking of transfusing, not the mom.

SueM in MN wrote:
[I don't think that would work because it is the baby that they are thinking of transfusing, not the mom.]

Just a thought about Epogen since the baby will be getting mom's blood thru the umbilical cord. Tho, it could be a longshot for the Epogen to work for the baby.

I'm glad to hear the situation isn't as urgent as was originally thought. My prayers are being sent for your SIL and family, and to your family too. I'm anxiously awaiting your news from July 17th even though you probably won't get any answers then- at least MJ will be "seen". By the way I was out in the parks today and could barely stand the heat. When I read that you did all four parks on the 4th of July, kudos to you for endurance! Seems like suddenly we have that horrid summer heat and humidity that I dread every year. We stopped in first aid for some r &r and while we were there, lots of folks came in who were having a really hard time....and it was only 10:30 in the morning! Kathy

We took it really easy and spent lots of time indoors. We are lucky, because we go so often, we don't have that same urgency about getting stuff done like we would if we were only going once a year.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter