• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update! Never lose hope! I'm never getting a cabana. Resigned.

engle

DIS Veteran
This will be a first cruise as a gold cc member. I foolishly thought the early booking window at 105 days would be what finally scored me a cabana. At exactly midnight. I logged in and went directly to it. The clock had not even switched to :01 yet and nope, sold out. I'm extremely disappointed. I have tried on 3 other cruises to get a cabana with no luck so I am just resigned that I'm never getting one. I have not had this problem on other cruise lines and it just bugs me I can't get one. Okay, rant over. Thanks for listening! I did however score Palo brunch for Christmas morning which was no problem...all times were open so there is that!

Update! I got one! Woot woot! I had a bout of insomnia last night that totally paid off! Cabana 24 here we come! So excited! Strange thing is though, when I look at the list of port adventures, it still shows as available. And it is definitely mine!

Last edited:
boo on Cabana - YEAH on Palo :) have fun on your cruise! (ps i'm secretly still trying to get a cabana and I will never give up never surrender until the day of ;) )

I tried to snag one on my cruise, no luck. Then I thought, hey I saved lots of money and will still be on the island.

It's not the worst thing that can happen, and you saved some money you can spend elsewhere ;) Those elusive cabanas dang it!

boo on Cabana - YEAH on Palo :) have fun on your cruise! (ps i'm secretly still trying to get a cabana and I will never give up never surrender until the day of ;) )

Great advice!! I have been trying my luck as well for about three cruises now. I think the issue is that those sailing in concierge grab them first and very quickly may I add. I am curious to know if anyone excluding the concierge level and platinum castaway members have ever been able to snag one. And if so how did they do it??? :tinker:

I sometimes see people post that they are giving up a cabana for other DIS members to be ready to snag. Make sure you're following your cruise meet thread just in case.

you basically have to be Concierge or get lucky when someone cancels to on the site when it opens up. I would venture to guess that they may even have a waiting list for Concierge guests first.

Great advice!! I have been trying my luck as well for about three cruises now. I think the issue is that those sailing in concierge grab them first and very quickly may I add. I am curious to know if anyone excluding the concierge level and platinum castaway members have ever been able to snag one. And if so how did they do it??? :tinker:

I have snagged one- as a silver member. Just very lucky- logged on there it was, eyes dropped out of my head :rainbow:and grabbed it.

I got one on our very first cruise. I checked every day for well over a month and finally about I'd say three weeks or so out I was able to pick one up. I could have had one on our second cruise as well but we decided to forgo it for some other activities. However the cabana I got was on the adult beach. I never saw one available on the family beach during my normal silver booking window.

I have gotten one as a silver CC member (family beach) by checking online several times a day, one day I got lucky and there is was waiting for me a couple weeks before the cruise. I have also gone to Guest Services after boarding and put my name on the waiting list and the day before CC one opened up.
Don't give up hope, it can happen.

Don't give up, I just had this experience. As Gold there was nothing when the booking window opened. I checked multiple times a day, I'd pick up my phone and just check, it got to be a weird habit. :tilt: Then 2 days before booking opened for Silver I was leaving the office and hadn't checked all day, so thought I'll check really quick and there it was! Panicked that my phone would die before I could complete the transaction I snagged it! So I say, keep checking, you never know.

I got one last year and we are only Silver. I was well know in our cruise group and someone ended up canceling. They made sure to email me directly and we coordinated the cancel and I picked it up. I was so happy.

The odds are much better if sailing on the Magic or Wonder. There were still cabanas available when the Silver booking window opened for our upcoming Magic sailing.

Last edited:
I have one for In 2 weeks, that is because concierge books them for use. We don't have to do it. But keep checking for last minute cancelations near your cruise!

We are Gold, booked our last cruise less than two months before sail date, and I was determined to get a cabana. I checked the website multiple times a day, at various hours, and 2-3 weeks before sail date, seems as if someone cancelled and I was able to score one on Family beach. Things happen, and people do cancel...so some will be lucky enough to score a cabana. The way I see it, the worst that can happen is that you can't get one...but the silver lining is you save over $500. You still are one of the lucky few people in the world who get to enjoy beautiful Castaway Cay!:cloud9:

Most are taken by concierge guests as they can put in request at 125 days out so right at the 120 day mark when they and platinum members can start booking things the request is already in the system. We have gotten them several times but we sail in concierge and book a cabana instead of doing other excursions. That said join the FB group for your sailing and check for a cabana often. Several different times people in the FB group who had cabanas and decided to cancel would let people in the FB group when they were canceling the cabana. Also we have seen where people will share them. Some people like us love them and think they are worth the money and others would rather spend their money on other activities. Keep the faith and keep looking.
As for Palo we love the brunch and on our last B2B we went to Palo 4 times for dinner and once for brunch. Also if you don't want to eat in the MDRs Cabana's is open on certain nights and has a very good table service. In all of our 6 DCL cruises we have only had one good group of servers so we usually don't dine in the MDRs.

Last edited:
We got one on our first cruise. We walked up to the check-in hut on CC and asked if there were any open. There had been a cancellation, so we got one on Serenity Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter