*Update*Lilo and Stitch party advice needed

J

jldriscoll

*** Thanks all for your advice!!!! We had a SUPER party!!! Went off without a hitch!! Easiest party I've ever done!

The big hit of the day.....THE SOUNDTRACK!!! Never would have thought to get it if it weren't for your suggestion!

My girls are in the playroom hula dancing to it now!!!

If I had any idea how to post a picture I would, 9 little Lilo's was just too cute!

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Jennifer

Hey everyone, DD (going to be 8) is having a Lilo ans Stitch party at our local theater next week. Here's the plan.....
8 girls
character cake & ice cream
pizza
lei and tropical hair flower for each girl
DD grass skirt
treat bags filled with hawiian type goodies
making glow in the dark braclets while everyone is arriving
seeing movie w/popcorn and soda

Obviously food isn't an issue here....there will be plenty but....

DD has helped me plan everything... I'd like to throw in a surprise.

Doesn't have to be big or anything just something fun.

Any ideas?

Bumping this up one time to see if anyone has some ideas!! Party is 6 days away!

In the current issue of Family Fun magazine (August I think), they have birthday party ideas and one is a Hawaiian theme. They made leis out of cupcake papers, had a sun shaped pinata, etc. Check out their website at www.familyfun.com or pick up that issue! I was thiking of using the same ideas and incorporating Lilo & Stitch for my daughter's birthday next month.

That's so funny....I JUST picked up a copy of Family Fun to read at the beach yesterday....Never opened it... having too much Family Fun!!!!

I'll look!

BTW, for your party Oriental Trading Co. has TONS of luau stuff!

Just wanted to say I hope the party goes well :D ! Are you allowed to go early and decorate the theater? If you can, maybe you could go all out decorating one seat with balloons, streamers, etc. for your dd and on the chair have a little plush Stitch sitting there waiting for her with a sign that says "Reserved for my friend _______, the BIRTHDAY GIRL". Just an idea. Have fun :) !

That's a fun idea! Actually the theater has a party room that we get for 4 hours. That's where we will decorate, open presents, have pizza and cake, then go into the movie with the "other paying folk". I hadn't thought of doing extra decorating on the birthday girl chair!

Thanks!

What about getting her the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack from the Disney Store. I love the soundtrack. You can play it at the party, and tell her it's her's after the party.

Originally posted by twinz
What about getting her the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack from the Disney Store. I love the soundtrack. You can play it at the party, and tell her it's her's after the party.

We havn't seen the movie yet (I wouldn't let any "previews" ;) )

Is the soundtrack good? HAve you heard it?

Hi-
We're practically neighbors:p
The movie soundtrack is really good. My kids loved the movie! There are some Elvis songs but also some original songs.
Good luck with your party, hope your DD has a blast!

Originally posted by Lars624
Hi-
We're practically neighbors:p
The movie soundtrack is really good. My kids loved the movie! There are some Elvis songs but also some original songs.
Good luck with your party, hope your DD has a blast!

Hey neighbor!!!

We looked at houses in Brighton last year. Nice place!!!
(We're actually on the outskirts of town, your side!)

Thanks for the review! Actually DD thinks the Elvis stuff is funny from the comercials.

I LOVE the soundtrack..I play it at work ALL the time (for the kids). I especially Love Rollercoaster Ride!
Have a great party!

we are having our childrens party at lilo and stitch tomorrow. I wish I had an ounce of creativity. I made fun goody bags 57 of them to be exact and thats about it. We do not have a special party room. We go into a private theatre, they give you popcorn and soda. After the movies we supply the pizza and cupcakes.
I am freaking out we definitely overinvited. We have 46 children coming, plus parents and siblings. My dh is having a heart attack!!

andychris14,

That is one heck of a party!!! I thought 8 girls was a lot!

I hope you have parents to help!!!!

If you have a party store near by you might see if they have bags of leis. They are pretty cheap. I got 24 for $4.

GOOD LUCK!!!

I don't think I even know 57 people your children must be very popular!:p

I forgot to say thanks for the suggestions....

I got extra decorations to decorate DD's chair and I just got back from picking up the soundtrack to the movie!

Should be lots of fun!!!!

I highly recommend the Hawiian theme for a party. Easiest one I've ever put together!!!!

*** Thanks all for your advice!!!! We had a SUPER party!!! Went off without a hitch!! Easiest party I've ever done!

The big hit of the day.....THE SOUNDTRACK!!! Never would have thought to get it if it weren't for your suggestion!

My girls are in the playroom hula dancing to it now!!!

If I had any idea how to post a picture I would, 9 little Lilo's was just too cute!

Thanks again to everyone!!!!

Jennifer

Sounds like a great party!! Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading all about it. :D

jldriscoll- glad to hear that the party was great!!!!
This is the first chance, that I have had to check in.
Our party was wonderful also. Everyone loved the movie. Thank God that they had given us a movie theater that seated 115 people. There weren't many seats left. Between the children, their siblings and parents. Everyone wanted to come to see this wonderful movie. A little bit out of control but on the whole it went off without a hitch.

Hi andychris14

So glad your party went well!!! I was telling my dh and sil about your HUGE party while we were eating pizza with the girls (we were the only 3 adults there). They were stunned!

I thought of you too as I looked down my row of girls in their leis and hair flowers eating popcorn watching the movie giggling and I thought, "no way would I want to be responsible for more than this row of girls!"

I give you credit for undertaking such a party!!! I'm sure it will be the talk of your child's class! (and their parents! :P )

The movie was outstanding!!! It was funny, I asked the girls if they had seen it yet and 2 were saving it for our party 2 had seen it twice and 1 had seen it 3 times!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter