*UPDATE - GOT CINDY'S*=> Making PSs =>Is it just me?????

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Or are there way too many prompts to press when trying to make a PS via 407-WDWDINE? You have to press four different prompts in order to get put on hold or to speak with a CM. Am I missing something? Is there a way around this?

This is now normal for Disney. You have to push a thousand buttons to make a reservation for a room, too. Why do they care if I have been down over a million times since 1990, or whatever they ask? Yikes!

If you are a DVC member, I recently learned thay Member Services can make PS for you. Other than that, I don't know...

I think it is just another way WDW can control the flow of traffic. Like when they make you watch a movie before a ride (like Test Track, Mission Space, or Tower of terror). I don't know about you, but once I see the intro. movie for a ride I never want to see it again. WDW just wants to control the wait and amount of people getting on the ride or in this case on the phone.

:( That stinks. I guess that's part of the reason I didn't get a CRT reservation. I was put on hold at 6:58am and didn't get through till 7:05am. :( I'll try again tomorrow. I wrote down the sequence of numbers to press in order to expediate the call a bit quicker.

Wish me luck! :p

Writing down the prompts is what we did. We also had 3 phones going! Funny but the phone that actually was put on hold last, got through first.:crazy:

Sending Pixie Dust your way!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Keep trying!!

Forgot to add: When you get a *real* person, don't let them ramble on. Tell them right away what you want. *CRT on such and such a date and how many people*. It was hard for me to interupt, but it was necessary to get the ps!!

Originally posted by kimmie
Writing down the prompts is what we did. We also had 3 phones going! Funny but the phone that actually was put on hold last, got through first.:crazy:

Sending Pixie Dust your way!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Keep trying!!

Forgot to add: When you get a *real* person, don't let them ramble on. Tell them right away what you want. *CRT on such and such a date and how many people*. It was hard for me to interupt, but it was necessary to get the ps!!

THANK YOU for the Pixie Dust :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

There will be two of us trying at the same time. I can't help but laughing at what we all have to go through for this! :faint:

It is actually a survey to see how many return guest there are. But there are less prompts if you say that you have never been before. Hope that helps.~KPmom

Well, let me just tell you how *lucky* I was this morning! I started dialing at 6:58am and TOTALLY LUCKED OUT! I wasn't even put on hold! Got right through and GOT MY RESSIES FOR CINDY'S BREAKFAST!!! My poor friend was on the computer with me at the same time calling for the same reservations...she dialed before me, was put on hold and I still got through before her. I was in total shock!

Thank you all for your pixie dust! :)

The thing about the 3/4 questions you have to answer before being put through to the queue is that you can enter them all at once. As soon as they start asking you the first question "If this is a reservation for any other restaurant than Victoria and Alberts press 1 else press 2" you can enter 1, 2, 1, 1 which answers this question as well as the next 3 (if you answer that you have been to Disney before you get 4 questions). Then you are dumped right into the queue. Each time I have done this I have gotten through.

SuJo

When I made my room reservations using the 800 number I was told they also can make PS for me. Okay I just tried to find my notes to get you the number but can't find it. I got it from the new visa deal thread on the budget board... I HTH, I did also get survey with this number. I never got any answer at all with the 407 number...

We got lucky when we called down for Crt PSs. We just happened to be up a little before 7am. We were going to call down and try to book the Princess Breakfast in Norway at Epcot, but my fiance said we should ask for Cindy's first. Kudos to him because we got a PS! It's for 8:05, and there are only two of us. I was so excited! I didn't think we would get one, and it was made all the sweeter because I wasn't worrying about it beforehand...we just got lucky.

VelvetGloves

The hold thing is very odd. When I called for my first CRT ressie for a quiet period (9th March) I got through 7:01 but went on hold they said, for 4 minutes!....I was still there half a hour later and finally spoke to a CM at 7:24. I managed to get a CRT ressie all the same...why was I waiting so long when they said 5 mins? I had a feeling loads of others were getting in before me, like you did when sat by your friend, but maybe they didn't as I managed to get the booking. Its all very odd to me...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter